WTA: E36 steering with this hub for which model?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DaRkHoRsE7

Club Guest
Hi 2 all members n Sifus..i have a question regarding a stering i recently sold. Bght a E36 steering from London which seller claimed was from an E36 M3 but i dont know which year model.However, member here who bght it from me says his mech cant fix it on his car. Pinjam dis pic from alipon@bmw as he has a similar 1 for sale.Can any1 plse tell me for which model n year of d E36 this steering will fit. All replies r much appreciated n tq in advance!! :top:This is d picture of d steering i had..same as alipon@bmw, jus dat i didnt hv a pic of d hub at d bk..its with a slip ring rite?

From what I know, all E36 hubs are the same, regardless of the year.

Van1ty;352183 said:
From what I know, all E36 hubs are the same, regardless of the year.

Dats wat i thot..until i saw this hub..d previous E36 steerings i have sold had different looking hub than this..this is with a 'Slip Ring'..if i'm not mistaken..tq 4 ur reply tho..

The ring you're talking about is for the airbag/horn I think. Cause when I changed to a momo steering I couldn't use my horn so I had to make a custom button for it. =p

ALBundy;352838 said:
The steering shown is from a ///M3.

Cheers

Thanx 4 d clarification. :top: Does this mean it will not fit other models of d E36, ie:318, 320 n 325 models? Only for M3 model then?

As far as I know, there shouldnt be any problems fitting it.

Cheers

the hub is different according to year of manuafacturing .......

for the year 95 n above n can fit to any E36 as long the airabag socket is corect ......

for year 94 n below cant fit to 95 n above cos the hub is different .....

above is apply for CKD ....not sure about CBU .....

Lionel is correct . Post 95 and pre 95 steering are different . Had this problem when I bought a pre 95 steering but couldnt fit on my 98 baby. Had to return to the seller ! Unless modify !

Top Bottom