[WTA] about Bilstein Shocks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pyepcie

Club Guest
Hi Guys; My car is a 1984 e23 728i. It is currently running a stock setup for suspension that has fallen badly from grace. Just imagine driving a bouncing castle:D ... Anyway I have been doing some research and I found that since I want to lower the car a lot, the bilstein b8 shocks would be good. I wouldn't mind a stiff ride that handles corners well but again not so stiff that I would feel as if the car was kicking me in the nuts. What I want to know is; would it be possible to achieve great lowering if I went for the b6 sport? In either case do I need to change my spring or I can stick with the stock one? Another thing is that I am planning to get 19" rims next month. Will they fit in well with the bilstein b8 or b6? which shocks will give a better lowering? If anyone has any helpful information please point me in the right direction as I am not so enlightened in this area. Feel free to offer me used shocks that are in good condition. Thanks 4 ur time.

AFAIK...B6 shocks are stiffer shocks on standard height struts...while B8s are stiffer shocks for shorter struts i.e. shorter springs...There would be effect on the life of the B6 shocks should you match them with shorter springs.

I see. So if I match b6 with shorter springs, how severe is the effect on the life of the shocks? could it damage them under 3 years? also would I achieve the same look by using b6 with short spring as the b8?

If anyone has a set of used b8s in good condition, get back to me. Will be ready to receive after 28th

I have a full set of B8 and springs, pls pm if you anyone interested.

I took it out of my car about 1 week ago as I changed back to standard shockers and springs..

Thank u

Top Bottom