Would you sell your E34 for an E39 ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
smike;778243 said:
E34 is the UDM and you have got the last batch plus a 525. That's very good already. E39 523 under power than your E34 for sure. Plus more electronics. Be sure to have a big pocket, parts are expensive, my friend just change his odometer and cost him 5K second-hand. To me i will keep my E34 nor matter what. And i would rather go for an e38 for the next collection BMW cars. :cheers:

Bro, the E39 instrument cluster is selling in chop shops for RM800-850 only. Your friend got slaughtered, smoked and then barbecued....and then spanked some more....damn!

If only the owner of that white E34 M5 wants to trade it with my E39 ...

535i;778349 said:
If only the owner of that white E34 M5 wants to trade it with my E39 ...

He is waiting as I was told. The car had your name on it. By the way, do clean the front seats as I came many times....

Well, after all d comment, probably will keep d oldie, going to change d front disc & pad this wkend due to brake vibration, bought d lemforder disc at stuggart, pad at image auto /garage at sri damansara, bosch brand for only $65/ pair! look at d box when i reach home......like imitation ?, well imitation or not let see how it perform.
during my visit, saw lots of performance tires, RFT etc, smallest size is 17 " but my E34 uses 16"..:motz:
I hv got 1 more problem, d E34 steering feel heavier than d E39 (same tire size), what is d problem ?.

E34s steering uses a recirculating ball system, while the inline 6 E39s uses a steering rack. V8 E39s still uses recirculating ball system due to space constraints.

Frankly, if I had the choice of the two cars with almost similar performance specs, I would have went for the E34. There is just something sleek and sexy about the lines of that generation. The E39, let's be honest, looks a bit pudgy when put next to the E34.

And with good reason: from what i have been told, the entire BMW range during that generation (E30, E32, E34) was the only time they were styled by an Italian, if you don't count in the Zagato concept cars.

macgy;778308 said:
..... e38 sounds sensible future replacement.

And that is EXACTLY what i did after I sold my E34... replace it with an E38! But i do miss the ole gal... 525 stick shifter... mmmmm......

Game-R;779387 said:
Frankly, if I had the choice of the two cars with almost similar performance specs, I would have went for the E34. There is just something sleek and sexy about the lines of that generation. The E39, let's be honest, looks a bit pudgy when put next to the E34.

And with good reason: from what i have been told, the entire BMW range during that generation (E30, E32, E34) was the only time they were styled by an Italian, if you don't count in the Zagato concept cars.

Well said. Bravo. :cheers:

haywire;778344 said:
Bro, the E39 instrument cluster is selling in chop shops for RM800-850 only. Your friend got slaughtered, smoked and then barbecued....and then spanked some more....damn!

he he he......i loike the spanking part.....

Spent the raya haji weekend to replace d front Brake rotor & pad, took 2 days to complete the job with movie, fixing d house leaking roof & beer in between.
What I am happy is it was properly torque, rotor at 12 ft lb, caliper housing at 81 ft lb and yeah the brake vibration is gone finally ! and no more nagging fr my wife :rock:!
Yet to do anything w d heavy steering, thanks haywire for the info abt E34 steering but could it be the power steering pump losing pressure ? every part of turning feels fine except heavy, any additive that can help restore the pressure ?

Bro for the steering, pls check the steering unit, it could be due to leaking. I had this problem before. I had to change the whole unit. :cheers:

Smike,
if d heavy steering issue is due to leaking, do u think any power steering stop leak additive can restore it ?

smike;778243 said:
E34 is the UDM and you have got the last batch plus a 525. That's very good already. E39 523 under power than your E34 for sure. Plus more electronics. Be sure to have a big pocket, parts are expensive, my friend just change his odometer and cost him 5K second-hand. To me i will keep my E34 nor matter what. And i would rather go for an e38 for the next collection BMW cars. :cheers:

I agree with smike..

For me e34 is still the best BMW ... i wont trade it for any other cars.. It has the classic looks and the power ... I love the handling and the feeling of the e34 gripping the road every time i drive...

macgy;782972 said:
Smike,
if d heavy steering issue is due to leaking, do u think any power steering stop leak additive can restore it ?
I don't think so la bro. You need to check the hose first, than if that is not leaking, than the steering box unit, Definitely there will be oil residue when you hoist the car up. Look very carefully and trace the oil for any leaks. Use a bright touch light, you sure can see one. :cheers:

macgy;779365 said:
Well, after all d comment, probably will keep d oldie, going to change d front disc & pad this wkend due to brake vibration, bought d lemforder disc at stuggart, pad at image auto /garage at sri damansara, bosch brand for only $65/ pair! look at d box when i reach home......like imitation ?, well imitation or not let see how it perform.
during my visit, saw lots of performance tires, RFT etc, smallest size is 17 " but my E34 uses 16"..:motz:
I hv got 1 more problem, d E34 steering feel heavier than d E39 (same tire size), what is d problem ?.

Bro you should keep ur e34 since you already driving an e39.

The lemforder disc should be the old stock, as we already phased out production. Alternative is Balo disc.

re the heavy steering, I just notice that with the engine off, key at the start position, I can't move d steering wheel at all, I know that it will b hard to turn w/o power steering assist but this is like impossible to turn at all, is this normal ? could b the steering box being tighten too hard ?, I also notice that d steering box has small leak, may hv to change, anyone knows where can i get a used steering box for e34?.

macgy;783950 said:
re the heavy steering, I just notice that with the engine off, key at the start position, I can't move d steering wheel at all, I know that it will b hard to turn w/o power steering assist but this is like impossible to turn at all, is this normal ? could b the steering box being tighten too hard ?, I also notice that d steering box has small leak, may hv to change, anyone knows where can i get a used steering box for e34?.
Bro there is one available at Blue Green Motor Werks. Call Anand or check their facebook side. By the way go for the old system, it is better and last much much longer. Though the steering is heavy during parking but fast driving, better handling. Trust me on this bro. :cheers:

A question that I've been mulling for months. Also looking at how to afford having both :burnout:

Guys any of you have the problem of the key being hard to turn to kick start the engine....as if the key is locked in the position...after a bit of jiggling then ok

integramania;791194 said:
Guys any of you have the problem of the key being hard to turn to kick start the engine....as if the key is locked in the position...after a bit of jiggling then ok

Hm well. Looks like the first indication of the key system. Is your key with a bunch of other keys. If it is very heavy in the long run, your ignition system where you insert your key will give problem, this is due to the weight. Reduce the weight and get a service done on the key system asap. You should be alright after that. :cheers:

Top Bottom