Would you sell your E34 for an E39 ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

macgy

Club Guest
Guys, I need to hear your opinion here, I have an E34 525i, M50, yr 1996 (last batch), my wife is driving d car now, if I sell how much can it fetch ?, lets assume that the car is in great condition which it is actually, everything is ori except the gear box, changed to Jetco, 15" rim changed to E60 16" rim, AC schnitzer style skirting, the rest is ori.Reason I ask is because there is an E39 523i, M52, Yr 98, double vanos is available for sale at RM35k after nego. I am tempted.Let me hear your opinion, would u sell your E34 and buy a E39 if the price different is only RM10k ?for start, E39 523i M52 yr 98 1. 6 air bags 2. sleek, modern looking , 3. double vanos , 4. Fabric manual seat, 5. better brake system 6. repair needed probably RM 2 - 3 k7. selling Price RM 35k E34 525i M50 yr 961.single air bag2.good looking3.single vanos4. leather manual seat5.not so great6.no need repair7.selling price RM 25K (is it too high)?guys what would you do ?

The E39 is widely regarded as the best saloon in the world and the high point in BMW's build quality and some folks strongly still feel that way 3 generations later. Drive it and you should be able to tell the difference, try the 34' 39' 60 and judge for yourself.

I never owned or drove an E34 before but one thing for sure is I'm not giving up my E39 for any other models as yet at the moment, since I owned my E39 back in Feb 2008.

If you're to get an E39, why not go for the newer facelifted model '02 or '03?

As for your E34, there's no market price if you ask me. Only a connaisseur would know how much she's worth and willing to pay for it.

I used to own e34 m20 engine before. Sold it to make way for e36 and then e39 now. My answer is to have both in my garage. Both are good cars..i am buying back my previous e34...

Seewai, this E39 is oledi been facelifted, i.e angel eye lamp, clear LED rear lamp, except it is running on M52 not M54(don't think there is much different between these 2 engine), I also owned an E39 M54, it is a nice car to drive indeed but so is E34 esp on winding roads. Both M50 & M52 r reliable engines, Lets hear from E34 owner, is it worth to sell your E34 for an E39?
So JFT63, u missed ur E34 eh ?
problem if I take up this offer, then I will hv 2 E39, I might missed my E34 later, ahh How I wish I hv a bigger garage & more $.

i shud stick to my e34. it`s raw power is addicted but parts are harder to come by nowadays
e39 is more refine and compose - nothing wrong with tht actually.

Ha ha ha...

The e34 is one of the last semi hand made models which a chassis the e39 was built on.
The e39 is noted of the best chassis in all times and won more than 5 times in the world.

On my opinion, the e34 has solid built chassis more heavier than e39, but the 39 has a more refined suspension. The e34 has a raw chassis than a e39, which makes it a a sought cars like the alpina and hartge models.

To me, I''ll have the 39 weekdays and e34 535i manual for the weekend's.

JFT63;778059 said:
I used to own e34 m20 engine before. Sold it to make way for e36 and then e39 now. My answer is to have both in my garage. Both are good cars..i am buying back my previous e34...

Simpan semua bro. How I wish to have bigger size garage!

macgy;778064 said:
Seewai, this E39 is oledi been facelifted, i.e angel eye lamp, clear LED rear lamp, except it is running on M52 not M54(don't think there is much different between these 2 engine), I also owned an E39 M54, it is a nice car to drive indeed but so is E34 esp on winding roads. Both M50 & M52 r reliable engines, Lets hear from E34 owner, is it worth to sell your E34 for an E39?
So JFT63, u missed ur E34 eh ?
problem if I take up this offer, then I will hv 2 E39, I might missed my E34 later, ahh How I wish I hv a bigger garage & more $.

If you've already an M54, you should move on to either M62 or S62....
In the weekend, I have an E87 auto to relax myself.

Bro just go for the e39, driven it hard, damn good bmw

Yes the m30 is raw, roar also can :cool:

seewai;778090 said:
Simpan semua bro. How I wish to have bigger size garage!

Huhu, JFT is still the garage king with odc..the rest just duduk luar la...garage rumah kecik juga bro seewai..

pussy;778078 said:
Ha ha ha...

The e34 is one of the last semi hand made models which a chassis the e39 was built on.
The e39 is noted of the best chassis in all times and won more than 5 times in the world.

On my opinion, the e34 has solid built chassis more heavier than e39, but the 39 has a more refined suspension. The e34 has a raw chassis than a e39, which makes it a a sought cars like the alpina and hartge models.

To me, I''ll have the 39 weekdays and e34 535i manual for the weekend's.

u can have over the weekends now ...

seewai;778092 said:
If you've already an M54, you should move on to either M62 or S62....
In the weekend, I have an E87 auto to relax myself.
yes, yes and also F10 but in reality $$ is hard to come by now, I probably going to keep my current fleet of oldie for a long time, Bro Pussy mentioned that my E34 can only fetch $22k ! if I want to take the E39, I ll hv pay extra $13k.:hmmmm2:

I did.
Sold the e34 for the e39.At one time I had the e34,and an e30 and a Livina.thought i wud keep the e30 and e34 forever...after 6 mths boh tahan.....garage small.1 car need to be moved for the rest to move.so sold both e30 and e34 for the e39.....no regrets.BUT if garage BIG and wallet FAT....sure keep all wan........then again...be thankful of what we have...

E34 is the UDM and you have got the last batch plus a 525. That's very good already. E39 523 under power than your E34 for sure. Plus more electronics. Be sure to have a big pocket, parts are expensive, my friend just change his odometer and cost him 5K second-hand. To me i will keep my E34 nor matter what. And i would rather go for an e38 for the next collection BMW cars. :cheers:

smike;778243 said:
my friend just change his odometer and cost him 5K second-hand. matter what. And i would rather

whaaaattt.....rm5k for odometer....used summore.....meaning the instrument cluster........?
i got it for rm450 shipped from the states...poland and the UK......yep....three units of this.....long story......malas cerita.

smike;778243 said:
To me i will keep my E34 nor matter what. And i would rather go for an e38 for the next collection BMW cars. :cheers:

Tailing an E34 to my office today, yeah, d UDM backside is big and beautiful, u know what i mean ? agreed, e38 sounds sensible future replacement.

macgy;778308 said:
Tailing an E34 to my office today, yeah, d UDM backside is big and beautiful, u know what i mean ?

Absolutely. Back when I was looking for the E34, at one point I was getting disheartened by not being able to find a '96 525. So briefly considered an E39. And while the head said to get the E39 (more refined, more toys like ASC, more airbags, etc, etc,), the heart was stuck on the E34. Came down to the rear - the rear of an E39 was/is too much like a 3-series rear, while an E34's rear is unmistakeable.

Top Bottom