wish to change e92 325i gear knod m3 style

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Can use, but from experience it's recommended to use Petronas Ron95 only...but now price difference not much so might as well use Ron97 :D

Mavik said:
Still waiting for it to arrive here. Expecting it to arrive sometime next week. Either that or it got stuck in customs...
Oh..thanks...haha...then will wait for your result...

silverbullet said:
Can use, but from experience it's recommended to use Petronas Ron95 only...but now price difference not much so might as well use Ron97 :D
Ok...so wouldn't affect the engine izzit..??..
Just got my car yesterday...doing tinted film now...but my front screen got some small crack very minor and the rear screen heater line broken...do u have any idea how much it cost. .??..mine one is 335ci e93...

Just got my car yesterday...doing tinted film now...but my front screen got some small crack very minor and the rear screen heater line broken...do u have any idea how much it cost. .??..mine one is 335ci e93...
Should not affect the engine..but stick to good quality ron95's to prevent knocking and damage to the engine..minor crack on the screen can get it repaired around rm200, rear screen heater line may need to change the whole screen..not sure if they sell the lines separately, but I would just ignore it since u already installed tinted..no point taking out the tinted which may cause the lines to damage further..my bet probably the previous owner broke the lines while taking off his tinted for puspakom inspection..by the way, there is no 335ci, only 335i and the e92/93 already denotes that it is a coupe..hehe

you can follow the journey with my ex-wife here:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/35984-journey-with-my-twin-turbo-coupe/page-9

silverbullet said:
He drives one of the most powerful 335i around, with FOBs and upgraded turbos...500hp is just a small figure for him..cabutzzz
Siapa? Siapa?

Mine is just a 320 with twin exhaust pipes. Just for show....

Seith_C said:
The ECU is smart enough to detect the Ron rating of the petrol and able to adjust the timing to ensure minimal knocking. Some owners I know have remapped theirs to be optimal with Ron95 and some stick to Ron97 so it is just a choice.

If there is a small crack on your front screen, just bring it to Dr Cermin and get it fixed. Shouldn't be that expensive.

silverbullet said:
Should not affect the engine..but stick to good quality ron95's to prevent knocking and damage to the engine..minor crack on the screen can get it repaired around rm200, rear screen heater line may need to change the whole screen..not sure if they sell the lines separately, but I would just ignore it since u already installed tinted..no point taking out the tinted which may cause the lines to damage further..my bet probably the previous owner broke the lines while taking off his tinted for puspakom inspection..by the way, there is no 335ci, only 335i and the e92/93 already denotes that it is a coupe..hehe

you can follow the journey with my ex-wife here:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/35984-journey-with-my-twin-turbo-coupe/page-9
Thanks for your info...ur post really enlighten me & give me more idea in future modding reference...beside that, your ex wife really a great ride....what a waste to sell it...but its sad that u might change to audi lar..

So how about bhp ron95..??.I heard ppl said bhp ron95 are higher grade petrol among all..

Ok..I think we seldom use the heater also..

What is knocking..??.. ya, other than that I found that if I start engine in P mod for warm up..the engine sound will turn loud after 10mins time..is this normal.??.and there always a 'di di di di' sound from the engine..

wideawake said:
Siapa? Siapa?

Mine is just a 320 with twin exhaust pipes. Just for show....
Wow...it seems a lot of monster here huh..haha...

Nice to meet all the sifu here...but dont abandone ur monster like silver bullet ok..??..haha..

Mavik said:
The ECU is smart enough to detect the Ron rating of the petrol and able to adjust the timing to ensure minimal knocking. Some owners I know have remapped theirs to be optimal with Ron95 and some stick to Ron97 so it is just a choice.

If there is a small crack on your front screen, just bring it to Dr Cermin and get it fixed. Shouldn't be that expensive.
What is knocking. ..??... I heard ppl said the bad quality petrol contained more sulfur that might spoil the oxigen sensor..is that true...??

Ok..will try to check wether Johor got doctor Cermin not..

Seith_C said:
What is knocking. ..??... I heard ppl said the bad quality petrol contained more sulfur that might spoil the oxigen sensor..is that true...??

Ok..will try to check wether Johor got doctor Cermin not..
Took this from Wikipedia
Knocking (also called knock, detonation, spark knock, pinging or pinking) in spark-ignition internal combustion engines occurs when combustion of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder starts off correctly in response to ignition by the spark plug, but one or more pockets of air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope of the normal combustion front.
The fuel-air charge is meant to be ignited by the spark plug only, and at a precise point in the piston's stroke. Knock occurs when the peak of the combustion process no longer occurs at the optimum moment for the four-stroke cycle. The shock wave creates the characteristic metallic "pinging" sound, and cylinder pressure increases dramatically. Effects of engine knocking range from inconsequential to completely destructive.
Knocking should not be confused with pre-ignition – they are two separate events. However, pre-ignition is usually followed by knocking.
I don't think that sulphur would harm the O2 sensors.

Mavik said:
Took this from Wikipedia

I don't think that sulphur would harm the O2 sensors.
Wah...so 'chim' ...cannot understand at all...
But my car engine sound will turn loud after 15mins when I start for warm up in P mod...also come with 'didididi' sound..is this normal..??..mine is 335i e93...

Seith_C said:
Wah...so 'chim' ...cannot understand at all...
But my car engine sound will turn loud after 15mins when I start for warm up in P mod...also come with 'didididi' sound..is this normal..??..mine is 335i e93...
Good luck and brace yourself to repair the turbos or wastegate (some would do both)! hahaha...if loud "dingdingding" sound during morning cold start that could be wastegate rattling sound..which may be signs your wastegate may need refurbishment soon..perhaps sifu wideawake can chime in his turbo/wastegate experience here..hehe

silverbullet said:
Good luck and brace yourself to repair the turbos or wastegate (some would do both)! hahaha...if loud "dingdingding" sound during morning cold start that could be wastegate rattling sound..which may be signs your wastegate may need refurbishment soon..perhaps sifu wideawake can chime in his turbo/wastegate experience here..hehe
......wah...I just gotta my car ar...
How much it cost...??...but the idrive didn't prompt me any error o...

Don't lah scare him like that...

But if the turbos koyak....

a686c51663ab9fa6c71ce8bb555778d0.jpg

Muahahahaha

wideawake said:
Don't lah scare him like that...

But if the turbos koyak....

a686c51663ab9fa6c71ce8bb555778d0.jpg

Muahahahaha
....are u sure u are consoling me now...
Oh my god.....but my car still very powerfull ler....
How much the turbo repair sifu...??

Seith_C said:
......wah...I just gotta my car ar...
How much it cost...??...but the idrive didn't prompt me any error o...
not yet...prompt any error in i-drive..if it gets worse, then it will appear...don't worry bro, in the mean time just enjoy your ride...lust in the power...

Top Bottom