Wiper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
My F30 car always park below the sun everyday, I wonder how can we pull the wiper up so that it can last longer?

I remember wipers are covered under BSRI so I think just show them the wipers are on its way out for replacement?

Gunso7889 said:
off your engine... push your wiper lever to the max and hold it for 3 to 4 second...
Interesting. What happen when you do that. Wiper arm will stand? If yes, does ti work with F30 range only?

seancorr said:
I remember wipers are covered under BSRI so I think just show them the wipers are on its way out for replacement?
They won't replace it so easily as well, I tried that once before and they said it wasn't due. Only when the wipers were either making a lot of noise and it can't properly clear water away completely during each wipe, they will replace it under BSRI. Under my 60,000km and 2 years, they only changed the wipers once.

Gunso, your suggestion sounds peculiar. What will it happen after pressed for 3-4 secs ? Will it form a curvature shape ?

Guys,

This is what the SC taught me... when I need to change wiper blades or going into a car wash.
When you do that, your wiper blades will halt at 11am position ( driver side ).. then you can pull forward both wipers to change the blades..

U guys can try it out..
1) Off your engine.. stay at your driver position..
2) push the wiper lever up and hold it for 3 to 4 seconds..
3) the wiper will move and halt at 11am position...
4) get out of the car, and you can pull the wipers forward to replace blades.

Hi Guns07889,

i've tried your method with engine off but it did not work.
for item#2, i've tried both pulling towards me and also up as per your guidance but still did not work. what could be the reason?
Appreciate your guidance

Top Bottom