Wildlife Photography Thread!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
OSFlanker;270093 said:
Another government official??? :wink:

2099091007_d5a955a869.jpg

With a proper DSLR, your pictures look even better, nice composition.

OSFlanker;270087 said:
Upgraded my camera :p Was using prosumer Olympus SP550UZ, now using Olympus E510 DSLR. Huge difference in performance even though the E510 is only considered an entry/lower middle type DSLR.

In daytime shooting, with proper settings a good cameraman will be able to get quality pictures with an entry level DSLR...its only in challenging lighting conditions where the boys will be separated from the men....then you will kick yourselves for getting an E510!:thefinger: :wink: :rock:

ALBundy;270131 said:
In daytime shooting, with proper settings a good cameraman will be able to get quality pictures with an entry level DSLR...its only in challenging lighting conditions where the boys will be separated from the men....then you will kick yourselves for getting an E510!:thefinger: :wink: :rock:

Lens Lens Lens! psst, Nikon 50mm f1.4 can fit my camera (with an adaptor but MF only), all Leica lens also fit the Oly (more $$$$)

I am happy with the Oly E510, coz it's so compact and light (did I mention it's much cheaper too? yeah, that's more important. hahaha). Nikon D40X, Canon 400D all too big for my liking. Oly lens are also smaller than their counterparts from Nikon/Canon (for the equivalent focal length range).

Try third party lense, if they have any for your Oly. Nowadays, Tamron and Sigma make some good and affordable lense.:top:

Wildlife in Singapore! Saw a couple of monitor lizards in the monsoon drain next to the Zion Road foodcourt. A passer-by asked, "crocodile ah?" The bigger one is quite big, about 5ft head to the "arse" (excl the tail). I ran towards it but it ran away :stupid:

2161240539_ce0fd5bf6a.jpg

2161122779_061c3753bf.jpg

This is the smaller one :
2161079015_164735c69b.jpg

Notice the colour of the tongue?

anakin;285859 said:
Is it a legendary komodor...?

No way I would run towards a komodo dragon!

It's just a monitor lizard, but I gather only 3 species exist in the Malaysan peninsular & singapore all of them endangered.

Top Bottom