Why Lexus ? Why not Mercedes instead ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aaron77, putting all the technical advancements aside, which is all true by the way (no doubt) some guys just buy the car for the brand and the status symbol. i doubt if the owners know every technical aspect of the car which is impossible unless you're a beemer mechanic or a beemer fanatic.

what i'm trying to say is that its a damn good car to drive and that does not mean you have to know every single aspect of the car. suggest to go to the nearest bmw sale office and buy one. trust me, it will be the best investment in your life!

The difference is Lexus is luxury make that you know/confident will start any day rain or shine and will very unlikely die on you in the middle of highway under rain /shine and do not have weird problems esp when new :) :)

And the service offered by staffs at Lexus service centre is better than Merc and BMW

Hellraiser;325792 said:
what i'm trying to say is that its a damn good car to drive and that does not mean you have to know every single aspect of the car. suggest to go to the nearest bmw sale office and buy one. trust me, it will be the best investment in your life!

ditto..

my suggestion is,go and test drive the car..and don't hold back anything.drive it fast,whack the car.then u'll know what we are talking about.

to be fair,do the same with the Merc and Lexus.i'm pretty sure u'll get the picture..

i think lexus is just a name that people use to refer to 2nd rank car.

next best to BMW ? it's lexus
next best to MERC ? it's lexus again

so it seems that lexus has perfectly grab the 2nd spot. (my pov only)

anyway ... the next best thing to BMW ? is .... getting another bimmer .. lol :p

Lexus advert. on TV :

Stagged 20 vine glass full of water onto each other on top of the lexus engine. Start the car.......no riple babe.....

Try do that on the Merc.? or any other car for that matter.

When it comes to engine smoothness, and perfection....i go for lexus. Style? definately Merc.

Until we have lexus engine mounted to merc. body? for now, i am sticking to Merc.

just my 2cent opinion...

The IS250 is a beautiful looking logical alternative to the 3 series and the C class IMHO. Well built, smooth, equally luxurious and should be much more reliable than its german counterparts. Also a lot more unique on the road compared to the 3 or C.

However, here in Malaysia, Lexus priced the IS250 higher than BMW and Merc as there is no pre-registration thing going for Lexus and they seem to stick to this model despite selling around 4-5 units of IS250 per month only. Also no service inclusive thingy as well.

What can be improved in the IS250 is a less japanese dashboard design and thicker leather steering wheel. I can't believe they equip the car with such a skinny steering wheel. The seats are much more comfy that what you get on the E90 for sure.

Top Bottom