KL2DC's preview test-drive of all-new LS460. Other cars tested as well. Pics and Vids

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
KL2DC,

My sincere appreciation towards your automotive journalistic skills. It certainly adds to this forum! You da man!

Keep up the good work bro!

XXX said:
I was tailing one of those Lexus yesterday SG plate...from far it looked like a E60 infact it was like a copy of the E60 with some minor adjustments here and there so as not to be sued by Bangle...

What kind was it? The Bangle butt is copied by everyone including the W221 MB, the new Camry, the new Lexus LS, the Maybach...everyone is in on it ;)

Thanks Kevster... aiya, not really journalistic skills larr...I re read my posts, lots of grammatical error .
bonk.gif
I just typed through, no planning. Again, the main focus is the pictures/videos. Did you guys like the videos?

KL2DC,

Have you ever noticed that the countries that lost or surrendered during World War 2 really made excellent cars?
Italy, Germany, Japan

Lousy car nations-U.S.A, U.K, Russia, France

KL2DC said:
What kind was it? The Bangle butt is copied by everyone including the W221 MB, the new Camry, the new Lexus LS, the Maybach...everyone is in on it ;)

I think it was an LS something if not mistaken....but its not only the back the whole silhoutte of the car bears the shape of the E60.

Maybe we should appoint KL2DC our official car reviewer; as he gives UDM perspective on other drives, writes in our language, up to mark on news and history, tongue in cheek remarks, find ways and means to get invites.

What say you?

omegaoracle said:
Maybe we should appoint KL2DC our official car reviewer; as he gives UDM perspective on other drives, writes in our language, up to mark on news and history, tongue in cheek remarks, find ways and means to get invites.

What say you?

I second that motion. He he

omegaoracle said:

What say you?

Agree.... agree.... and agree....

omegaoracle said:

What say you?

agree...agree...:)

omegaoracle said:

What say you?

laugh.gif
My pleasure guys.........
w00t.gif
As mentioned, I am just sharing. I would love to read car reviews from you guys as well, we'll make a deal to keep each other updated. What say you?

KL2DC said:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif My pleasure guys......... http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/w00t.gif As mentioned, I am just sharing. I would love to read car reviews from you guys as well, we'll make a deal to keep each other updated. What say you?

i like the arrangement, more like 1 review from us for every 10 from KL2DC...:D :D ..i've read reviews from the other forumers but there were not as extensive as yours'. we're quite fortunate to have you as an active forumer, keep it up man.

funfer_fahrer said:
KL2DC,

Have you ever noticed that the countries that lost or surrendered during World War 2 really made excellent cars?
Italy, Germany, Japan

Lousy car nations-U.S.A, U.K, Russia, France

I never thought of that. Great observation. Was France ever a victor in WWII? They're kinda on the fence on that, that's why they produce lousily-made excellent cars
laugh.gif
You know what I'm talking about....:D

I suspect after WWII the victor nations went into an extended period of self-congratulationary imperiousness and unawaringly slipped into a state of incompetence while the abovementioned nations that lost, quietly went about their businesses ;)

KL2DC said:
I never thought of that. Great observation. Was France ever a victor in WWII? They're kinda on the fence on that, that's why they produce lousily-made excellent cars http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif You know what I'm talking about....:D

I suspect after WWII the victor nations went into an extended period of self-congratulationary imperiousness and unawaringly slipped into a state of incompetence while the abovementioned nations that lost, quietly went about their businesses ;)

i love this site, it never failed to amuse me...:D :D

KL2DC said:
I never thought of that. Great observation. Was France ever a victor in WWII? They're kinda on the fence on that, that's why they produce lousily-made excellent cars http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif You know what I'm talking about....:D

To sum it up - bad guys or sadis guys make good cars.
Good guys (the Allies) make lousy cars.:D

funfer_fahrer said:
To sum it up - bad guys or sadis guys make good cars.
Good guys (the Allies) make lousy cars.:D

I think you hit the nail on the spot. I think its pure evil/sadistic how these former bad guys manufacturer constantly tortures/taunts us with wonderful otherworldy machines we can't afford.... :D We need to get the UN in on this diabolical terrorism plots on our wallets and wellbeing :eek:

KL2DC said:
I think you hit the nail on the spot. I think its pure evil/sadistic how these former bad guys manufacturer constantly tortures/taunts us with wonderful otherworldy machines we can't afford.... :D We need to get the UN in on this diabolical terrorism plots on our wallets and wellbeing :eek:

I think their engineering excellence might have been fuelled by some sort of hatred feeling -( i.e the Germans towards the Jews and the Japs towards the Chinese). Who else in this world can afford to design a deadly "shower" such as the one in Dacchau other than the Germans?:D Imagine, if the Japs and the Nazis won the war, I think by now our UDMs might be something like "The Jetsons" and I might already bought a bungalow lot in Mars. When the Yanks won the war, all we got was Playboy mags at newsstands and some "World" Baseball Championship that I never watched my entire life.:D

It has been very inspiring to read all your write-ups. Before I quit my job I used to go around the world and had very good chances of driving various cars and attend some motorshows. Its really a priviledge to be able to do all that and store all the memories up in my hard disc(head). Hahaha. To name a few cars I drove in the States Hummer H2, Nissan Armada, Nissan Murano, Dodge Durango, Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Sebring (I think), a mini bus to name a few.

Too bad I didnt realise how much information I could share with the forum members as I hadnt bought my BMW yet. Now that I have quit my job I wouldnt be so fortunate as you have. So keep up the good work and maybe we all could meet one day when you're back and give you an award!!! What say the committee???

lol thanks Adrian for the kind words....

We are all car enthusiasts here, its a good place to share without coming across as too much as a dork :D ...so no awards necessary.

I've driven the cars as mentioned. The H2 was interesting, even for the 'mid-sze Hummer, it still feels pretty darn huge. Come to think of it, the junior size H3 is pretty huge and ungainly. I classify those cars under 'penis-extenders' categories :D

Nissan makes great products, the 5.6l V8 in the Armada is a beast, my criticism of them is interior build/materials quality. Its a big peeve of mine to see obvious cost cutting in the car interiors. Why? That's the first contact, us the buyers have with the car, so much for favorable first impressions. The Murano with the CVT is interesting but for some reason I am not a big fan of the styling. I know a lot of folks from Malaysia, visiting DC and they go on and on about the Murano. I am not convinced of the car. Chrysler cars have great design language imho but their execution leaves much to be desired both engineering and quality. Domestics make best rental cars imho and that's all they're good for :D

omegaoracle said:
meaning we should see some pretty decent cars from Iraq sometime in the future?

Nope. Believe it or not we gonna see some excellent cars from the States. Let's buy Ford and Oldsmobile stock.:D

Top Bottom