Whichone is better,BOGE or SACHS?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
maybe the other way to check/comfirm is to compare the parts no. if the msport shock parts no match those sach part no, it could be the sach are oem to msport albeit under different brand name. as same parts(abosrber) can be used on various model be it standard/msport model but all those same part all have different parts no to suit different spec of car.

dear sifus, im driving a 2003 e46 325 (non M-sport). if i were just to change the absorber, wat after-market would go well with the ori springs? Or it would be ideal to change both springs n absorber? Which is the best set-up? Value for money?

Spring seldom fail u one..unless u want to lower your car then u have to change the spring too.

U will never go wrong with SACHs and BOGE for ori spring, B4 is another choice.

bmw7833,
so B4 can also go with ori springs? But will not lower the ride? Went thru the forums n some says Blistein B8 with Eibach Spring. how much r they?

thanks

lawsarus;520635 said:
bmw7833,
so B4 can also go with ori springs? But will not lower the ride? Went thru the forums n some says Blistein B8 with Eibach Spring. how much r they?

thanks

Yupe, B4 is good replacement for OEM absorber. About the price, i am not sure for your car. Absorber will not lower your car, only spring will do.

bmw7833, B4 is gas but our ori is oil. If I am not mistaken, they behave a bit different, right? What if I change only rear, meaning front still oil, rear is air? Will the car feel imbalance? Or should I change all 4.

My rear absorber is dying, can see oil stain, means leaking. Somemore can feel the rear has lost dampening power, immediately bounce back. I think time to change, but the front is still ok. Also wondering why the rear give up earlier together(both got oil leak) then front, may be i hardly have any passenger at the back?

Well, I am looking at Sachs, B4 or B6. Nothing will go wrong with Sachs or Boge. Just no idea about the B4 or B6. I just want a firmer ride vs current one, preferebly reduce the "leaning when entering corner" the rest of what ori is offering are ALL ok to me... May be Sachs safer, huh...

McFir7;515753 said:
i have used oem boge , oem sachs , sachs sportkit and boge turbo gas..from my experience this is what i found

boge oem = very comfort might be soft to the young blood

sachs oem = slight harder than boge like 10%

sachs sportkit = the most comfortable than the rest of sportkit among al(compare bilstein,koni,hnr ).but yet still not very low compare to others.very good ground clearance.still having it on my e46.is most likely like m-tech spec.i think it is also call oem replacement for m-tech sportkit.

boge turbo gas = oem replacement for m-tech absorber.slight soft then sachs sporkit absober.very good to pair up wit any lowered spring.even wit the most sucks lowered spring (some silver spring that claim to be made in australia which local company is selling it.i guess u guys know what brand i m referring to,without me spelling out).very comfort n for giving rebound.

eventhought sachs oem n boge oem made from same company that is ZF.but they work differently.the damping n rebound are not the same.i belief the internal parts as well.thats why there is different in price for this two as well.also the reason why ZF still producing this two different brand.dont u ever think why would some the company would want to increase their production cost by making two brands if they works the same?

thank you...

Could someone tell me what is the parts no of BOGE OEM. Thank you

elixir;514901 said:
i find many prefer sachs.

boge front abs is only rm 350-380 per pc and bilstein B4 cost almost the same too.

i personally think your m-sport spring coupled with boge is a wrong combination.
it is too soft for sport spring and will not last.

just use back your m-sport spring and change the abs to b8 will do.

i have tried H&R with B4, it's ok if you'll driving alone. not when you have passengers at the back.

if you really want to change your spring, then go for H&R

I asked many places for Boge and they quoted me around 500 per piece for front and 400 for back. Can you advise me where did you get yours..seems a lot cheaper at your place.

Try Bavarian Auto. They are a spare parts shops. So buy from them and go to a workshop to install. Tel no: 03-78756204

Cheers

BMWs;534338 said:
Try Bavarian Auto. They are a spare parts shops. So buy from them and go to a workshop to install. Tel no: 03-78756204

Cheers

Bro

Fully agree with u for those who choice for OEM product.

Just changed my shocks. Sachs for both front and rear, RM325/pc. Mine is standard E46 325i settings, non sport.

alxy;535413 said:
Just changed my shocks. Sachs for both front and rear, RM325/pc. Mine is standard E46 325i settings, non sport.

Bro

From where u buy Sachs Brand Absorber ?

climenta.. you should seek advice from SIFU McFir7... hehe.. maybe he can help you get back the feel you were looking for.... Goodluck

Click here to help the kids...http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35244

noname.jpg

I have changed all 4 absorbers to B4. First week can still feel it's floaty, but 2nd week onwards it seems settle down & become firmer & firmer. Biltein is harder, even a normal black B4. It make so much of difference with a aged absorber interms of comfort & also road holding, I just love it. Yes, it's slightly more bumpy then ori. Also, a functional absorber also made my ride so much more quiet!

By the way, our ori is gas. B4 is gas too.

Hi, Vroom325, where did you buy your B4? I checked with Bavarian Auto but they don't sell Bilstein. Of the few spare parts shop i checked, onlly Munich Auto sells Bilstein.

alxy;535413 said:

bro,

yours sachs is OEM or "super touring"? mind to know where u get it? thanks:rock::driver:

Dear Bro,
As seen in another thread, I am looking for absorbers for my E60, appreciate if someone can enlighten me on a fair price to pay for B4 or B6. I am also looking at the Sach absorbers if reasonable. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom