Whichone is better,BOGE or SACHS?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bimmers

Club Guest
i drive e46 2.2 m-sport.The stock absorber for my car is sachs.recently i just changed my absorber to BOGE for front as advised by my mechanic,but im not sure rite or not.Any sifu,please give some advice.for ur info,i got the price for brand new BOGE RM495 per piece. is it reasonable?Need to get some info bcoz my next project is rear absorber.plan to change to bilsten b4+eibach.is it ok?TQ..

Bimmers;514808 said:
i drive e46 2.2 m-sport.The stock absorber for my car is sachs.recently i just changed my absorber to BOGE for front as advised by my mechanic,but im not sure rite or not.

Any sifu,please give some advice.
for ur info,i got the price for brand new BOGE RM495 per piece. is it reasonable?
Need to get some info bcoz my next project is rear absorber.plan to change to bilsten b4+eibach.is it ok?
TQ..

For E46 Boge front absorber should be cheaper. I paid RM450 per piece Boge front absorber for my E39. Purchased from Suan Huat at SEA park.

Bimmers;514808 said:
i drive e46 2.2 m-sport.The stock absorber for my car is sachs.recently i just changed my absorber to BOGE for front as advised by my mechanic,but im not sure rite or not.

Any sifu,please give some advice.
for ur info,i got the price for brand new BOGE RM495 per piece. is it reasonable?
Need to get some info bcoz my next project is rear absorber.plan to change to bilsten b4+eibach.is it ok?
TQ..

i find many prefer sachs.

boge front abs is only rm 350-380 per pc and bilstein B4 cost almost the same too.

i personally think your m-sport spring coupled with boge is a wrong combination.
it is too soft for sport spring and will not last.

just use back your m-sport spring and change the abs to b8 will do.

i have tried H&R with B4, it's ok if you'll driving alone. not when you have passengers at the back.

if you really want to change your spring, then go for H&R

elixir;514901 said:
i find many prefer sachs.

boge front abs is only rm 350-380 per pc and bilstein B4 cost almost the same too.

i personally think your m-sport spring coupled with boge is a wrong combination.
it is too soft for sport spring and will not last.

just use back your m-sport spring and change the abs to b8 will do.

i have tried H&R with B4, it's ok if you'll driving alone. not when you have passengers at the back.

if you really want to change your spring, then go for H&R

How much price for H&R spring?
and how much for eibach spring?
TQ

Bimmers;515314 said:
How much price for H&R spring?
and how much for eibach spring?
TQ

if i remember correctly, h&r spring cost RM1150 excluding installation.
eibach should cost almost the same.

I am looking to change the absorbers on my E46 325i, thinking of matching the stock springs (non-M sport) to Bilstein B4. Any Sifu knows where I can get genuine B4s ? Thanks in advance.

Is it still possible to find brand new Sach merchandise for sale? AFAIK, all Sachs merchandise are now sold under the brand Boge in MY, it is the same thing.

The only thing I can't find is the replacement for the Sachs Performance Kits, that is the ultimate setup for UDMs.

i have used oem boge , oem sachs , sachs sportkit and boge turbo gas..from my experience this is what i found

boge oem = very comfort might be soft to the young blood

sachs oem = slight harder than boge like 10%

sachs sportkit = the most comfortable than the rest of sportkit among al(compare bilstein,koni,hnr ).but yet still not very low compare to others.very good ground clearance.still having it on my e46.is most likely like m-tech spec.i think it is also call oem replacement for m-tech sportkit.

boge turbo gas = oem replacement for m-tech absorber.slight soft then sachs sporkit absober.very good to pair up wit any lowered spring.even wit the most sucks lowered spring (some silver spring that claim to be made in australia which local company is selling it.i guess u guys know what brand i m referring to,without me spelling out).very comfort n for giving rebound.

eventhought sachs oem n boge oem made from same company that is ZF.but they work differently.the damping n rebound are not the same.i belief the internal parts as well.thats why there is different in price for this two as well.also the reason why ZF still producing this two different brand.dont u ever think why would some the company would want to increase their production cost by making two brands if they works the same?

thank you...

Let say I want to purchase this sachs sportkit ( combination of absober + springs), how much it's cost me......

last time i bought my sachs sporkit for e46 ,new set only rm2800.00..that time was cheaper cause 911 zentrum carry lot of model in..they have for all cars that time..but now i think maybe singapore u can get cheaper.

kayz,
4k is still far cheaper than ori msport absorbers
front@1950.00 Ea
rear @ 1k Ea
got to wait summore

abuhasan;516143 said:
kayz,
4k is still far cheaper than ori msport absorbers
front@1950.00 Ea
rear @ 1k Ea
got to wait summore

Ori msport absorber?
if im not mistaken sachs is already ori msport.
or they have another brand?

Agreed with u bro,
Sachs is OEM for bmw's absorbers
but this new absorbers exactly the same as ori Sachs except stickers BMW

McFir7;515753 said:
i have used oem boge , oem sachs , sachs sportkit and boge turbo gas..from my experience this is what i found

boge oem = very comfort might be soft to the young blood

sachs oem = slight harder than boge like 10%

sachs sportkit = the most comfortable than the rest of sportkit among al(compare bilstein,koni,hnr ).but yet still not very low compare to others.very good ground clearance.still having it on my e46.is most likely like m-tech spec.i think it is also call oem replacement for m-tech sportkit.

boge turbo gas = oem replacement for m-tech absorber.slight soft then sachs sporkit absober.very good to pair up wit any lowered spring.even wit the most sucks lowered spring (some silver spring that claim to be made in australia which local company is selling it.i guess u guys know what brand i m referring to,without me spelling out).very comfort n for giving rebound.

eventhought sachs oem n boge oem made from same company that is ZF.but they work differently.the damping n rebound are not the same.i belief the internal parts as well.thats why there is different in price for this two as well.also the reason why ZF still producing this two different brand.dont u ever think why would some the company would want to increase their production cost by making two brands if they works the same?

thank you...

same mother company..but not function n internal design

Guys, my E46 325i just reached 6yrs old & mileage is 56k km now. It my first beemer. Took over last year Jun with 35k km of mileage from AB as premium selection car.

Not sure if the abosorber is still alive. Well, still feel that it's working fine but the rear seems weak now. I've just spotted some oil stain on the absorber cover(a plastic cover outside the absorber) during my car wash. i guess almost time? The rear clearance is about 1.5"(2fingers gam gam) & my car is ori setting which is soft. I think they could be coming to the end of their life those mileage is low?

Anyone knows if 2004 E46325i exclusive model, Is my ori absorber Boge or Sachs(though) the same. If it's Boge, I would prefer sachs. Current setting is too soft for me. Slight harder absorber will be good.

When I replace my absorber, say I buy from BA, shall I specify that i want Sachs for my car? Or B4 or B8 is better? I just want the ride a bit more firm, not hard, I need certain level of comfort too.

Any advise, guys?

Top Bottom