Where to buy: Central armrest DVD player

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bailey;453805 said:
like the stewardess said pleasse strap yr seatbelt sir........................or then fix LCD maaaaaaaaaa hehehe

Yeah man, the trick works for those who cannot behave. he he

Bailey;453799 said:
wow can swivel sumore wor.............good job bmw2007

FF, i tot yr car got TV aledi maaaaaaaaa

in fact i have been thinking of getting something like in car entertainment for quite sometime but couldn't get any cue without changing the BMW stock player. Must say thank Q to FF who introduce this solution to us.
Thanks FF.. i will ask for special price from the seller for qty >5 sets. will update later.

got the offer price USD165 (~RM600) if we can make a group order >5 sets. Let put up a name list here if you are interested.

1. BMW2007

BMW2007;453850 said:
in fact i have been thinking of getting something like in car entertainment for quite sometime but couldn't get any cue without changing the BMW stock player. Must say thank Q to FF who introduce this solution to us.
Thanks FF.. i will ask for special price from the seller for qty >5 sets. will update later.

Bro, I suggest you get the quotation from a few manufacturers. They have different quality and features. Some even have a TV function and some don't. Later we can compare and decide. I would prefer a black one. The one featured below is from a UK based website. Also made in China.

8-5-Central-Armrest-Monitor-w-DVD-MP3-MP4-USB-SD-Player-CAD-8550-.jpg

got the offer price USD165 (~RM600) if we can make a group order >5 sets. Let put up a name list here if you are interested.

1. BMW2007
2. funfer_fahrer
5.[/quote]

funfer_fahrer;453783 said:
It should be able to fit E60 armrest. Yes, drilling is required. For power supply, I think it's via the cigarette lighter.

Alamak,have to drill ah? sayang oh....1 GPS unit,1 dvd player,1 speed detector but only 1 cigarrete lighter...macam mana ni....

Yes FF, so far there are few suppliers shortlisted and replied. I have also asked from few more suppliers, some with TV tuner..but i'm doubt of TV function whether it is really workable in M'sia. It might be ended up just "nice to have" but useless.. anyway still waiting for their quote.

1. Inesun, Hong Kong
- Best Offer: USD165 (RM600) including freight, qty 5-10 sets.

2. Surptime, China
- Best Offer: GPB 105 (RM620) including freight, qty 5 sets. GPB100 (RM590) for 10 sets.

Supplier 1 & 2 are having the same spec as below:-

8.5 inch Car TFT LCD Monitor Central Armrest DVD Player, Support USB Port and SD Card Reader, FM Transmitter, AV inputs/outputs, Full Function Remote Control, 12V/1A Power Voltage (TDJ-01)

Specification:
Product Name: Car Camera Armrest DVD Player
Disk Type (Signal Source): Mp4, DVD, VCD, CD, Mp3, CD-R, CD-RW, DVCD, SVCD, WMA, JPEG
Display: Color LCD (16:9)
Output Port: Audio: Stereo, Video: Complex video signal output (AV), USB Port, MS/MMC/SD Card Port
Video System: PAL/NTSC/Auto
Video Characteristics: 1.0 Vp-p (75ohm)
Audio Characteristics: Frequency Characteristics: 20-20KHZ (1dB), SNR: >90dB, Total Harmonic Distortion:

Headrest DVD Monitor

One more option to extend another 2 headrest monitors. It will keep your kids sit at the back quietly while enjoying the in-car entertainment individually.. without fighting for the centre VIP seat.:rolleyes:

1. Vcan, China
- Model HAV-1040M, can cennect to the central armrest DVD player (CAD-8550) without additonal power.
- Price: USD 99/pc (only monitor), USD 143 (DVD + monitor), exclude shipping cost.

View attachment 10768

View attachment 10769

View attachment 10770

After review thru the quotations from few suppliers, below is the shorlisted suppliers with very comparative price and similar spec.

note: 1 USD = RM3.65, Color available: Black, Grey, Beige

3. Vcan, China (Model: CAD-8550)
- Order 1 set: USD137 (RM500) per set, including freight
- Order 10 sets: USD117 (RM427) per set, including freight

4. EC Tech, China (Model: EC-850A)
- Order 1 set: USD138 (RM504) per set, including freight
- Order 2 sets: USD128 (RM467) per set, including freight
- Order 5 sets: USD114 (RM416) per set, including freight

It looks like supplier#4 is the cheaper and flexible. I think we should go for it unless you have counter offer or proposal.. Let's put up a name list here for those who are interested and color that you prefer.. Let's see how many we can get and proceeds from here.. thanks.

Name, color
1. BMW2007, Black color
2. funfer_fahrer, Black color
3. BaDRUL880, color?
4. anymore?
5. anymore?

Name, color
1. BMW2007, Black color
3. Badrul880, Grey colour 1st choice, if not Black..
4. anymore?
5. anymore?

Name, color
1. BMW2007, Black color
3. Badrul880, Grey colour 1st choice, if not Black..
4. jarance, Black colour. (Pls advise payment mode or COD?)
5. anymore?

I have 2 x 7 inch headrest monitors in my E46 325i for the past 2+ years. Bought off ebay from Hong Kong seller - decent price - around a 100 UK pounds. The black colour matches very well my existing black interior so looks more OEM compared to a central console one.
I have it linked up to an double din Alpine W200 (existing stereo removed and a/c controls moved down). Good thing about the W200 is that it comes with Aux out so I also had wired into the front fascia centre av/audio port,s so I can run a slim PS2 from it. That way my kids can play on the PS2 (the slim PS2 can be taped using velcro attachments to the rear centre armrest) via the rear monitors whilst I can still listen to my linked up Ipod up front.
A much more expensive option though when the Alpine is included lol
However will definitely be interested in these central consoles players next month when hopefully I get my new car. You should however make sure that the one you have selected for bulk buying has a built in speaker rather than relying on the existing in car stereo system (built in FM transmitter only).

Guys,

I am intrested can I know which supplier you are going for 3 or 4?

What is the method of payment?

yes, supplier#4 looks cheapest.. the payment term that accepted by the supplier is TT/LC or Paypal.
the problem now is this supplier only have beige and gray colors, black color is out of stock. hmm, macam mana?

The new stock schedule for black color is unknown as they need large orders to build.

I think we can consider supplier# 3 as their price is not much different. They do have have Black, Grey and Beige colors.. I will ask the best price for 5 sets, will update the status besok.

Ok, update as below..

note: 1 USD = RM3.65 (lebih kurang lar), Color available: Black, Grey, Beige

3. Vcan, China (Model: CAD-8550)
- Order 1 set: USD137 (RM500) per set, including freight
- Order 5 sets: USD119.6 (RM437) per set, including freight by UPS
- Order 10 sets: USD117 (RM427) per set, including freight

Since we are buying bulk qty, please be noted that there might be addtional customs tax that we need to pay when the goods arrived M'sia. But i m not very sure for 5 sets whether there will be any import tax or not. To me, i have no problem to pay if there is any.. all of us/buyers have to agree with this before put up your order..

Payment term to the supplier could be either TT (USD25 charge), Western Union (about the same), Paypal (supplier said charge is higher). Anyway, i have the paypal account..

bmw 2007.. i am IN. Please advise whether COD is acceptable to you.
Wiling to pay import tax if applicable.

My location is Klang or PD. Where your location. Willing to meet in KL or PJ to collect as well.

Top Bottom