What is this sheer driving pleasure all about ? very nice ar ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aaron77

Club Guest
Hi guys,I am so sorry for asking stupid question, but I only drive Iswara. Never drive any other car before.So I really don't understand what is the sheer driving pleasure all about ? All I know is I like the brand, I like the design, and BMW can go fast.Besides that can somebody please explain the "syoik ness" of driving an E60 ?Is it when go over bumps, rough roads, hole patch cannot feel wan ?

hard to explain with word , you got to own one to answer yourself .............

Cheers

I guess must be like if you ask someone to explain why strawbery shake tastes good. Whatever and no matter how long the explanation is, unless you drive one then only you will get the experience. Bottom line, words cannot share experience, it just share some thoughts.

Just like taking marijuana.. you feel good lor! Perhaps "high" is a better word. When was the last time u get "high" driving a car? I get it everytime I do a high speed sweep in my E90 and lateral G force is causing this "high" sensation. Let's hope I don't pass out half way into the corner.. :p

I think I will pass out with more than 2.5 lateral G force.. :p Placing the Gs to the side of your head is a lot more fun than accelerating and braking!! I think I have just discovered my G Spot.. :D

astroboy;323049 said:
Just like taking marijuana.. you feel good lor! Perhaps "high" is a better word. When was the last time u get "high" driving a car? I get it everytime I do a high speed sweep in my E90 and lateral G force is causing this "high" sensation. Let's hope I don't pass out half way into the corner.. :p

I think I will pass out with more than 2.5 lateral G force.. :p Placing the Gs to the side of your head is a lot more fun than accelerating and braking!! I think I have just discovered my G Spot.. :D

Hey dude.. I like the way you explained the 'whole experience' thingy...

LOL, can someone please put that experience in words ? lol. I know it feels good and all... but I still don't understand whats so great about the "experience" ???

the learning curve here or changing point is the front wheel VS rear wheel ..... that's where the sheer point is ...

BMW experience is about driving a well-balanced 6 cylinder in-line car. Not many cars with this spec in the world. The pulling power is like a locomotive and the stopping power is like an F14 landing on an aircraft carrier with an exception - the car remains composed. When you pass 200km/hr mark, you'll hear a voice whispering "Come on Aaron..like that only aah..? Show me what you got". When you reach 250km/hr mark, there's another voice, "Sorry dude, up to here only. Till we meet next time in an M5".

....Ive got a friend whose daughter has a phobia with speed...one day they tumpang my car to Terengganu...hitting 240kmh also she dun know until told, mother was very supprised ...now she is asking daddy to buy a beemer ..

aaron77;322942 said:
Hi guys,

I am so sorry for asking stupid question, but I only drive Iswara. Never drive any other car before.

So I really don't understand what is the sheer driving pleasure all about ?
All I know is I like the brand, I like the design, and BMW can go fast.

Besides that can somebody please explain the "syoik ness" of driving an E60 ?
Is it when go over bumps, rough roads, hole patch cannot feel wan ?

Another "un-believer"....tsk...tsk...tsk...

Going over bumps and rough roads and not feeling anything is either called an Abrams which is a tank used in the Gulf Wars or most probably a "Monster" truck used to smash cars!!

Bottom line is this. I can tell you all about how good this is or how good that was but that is all theory. Driving is a practical experience so unless you try driving one, you will never who why everyone is so ..well...happy! If you're happy with driving a Proton Iswara which is "okay" for some people getting from point A to point B, then its end of discussion.

On the other hand, surely there must be some reason why one car cost "X" dollars and another car type (a BMW, for example) cost alot more at the end of the day. Surely there must be something good, eh?

BMW is more than a brand...more than just design and more than about driving fast. Its a cult and to some, its a religion!

maybe because by driving one you get to pick up girls wearing sheer-type clothing?
:D

funfer_fahrer and XXX, I like the way you describe them.

LOL Hellraiser, I am not an un-believer. I just don't have an opportunity to drive one, and I am to afraid to visit the showroom to test drive one as I don't have the money yet. Probably in a few months time.

So thats why, I need some members here who can put all those "experience" in words.

affan66: You too? =p

We should all meet up for a TT with different BMWs (e30, e36, e90, etc) so aaron77 can experience the... "experience" on his own. Something like a charity "drive". So one day when he decides to own his own ultimate driving machine, he will know which one he wants. =D

But from my own words, I would describe the BMW experience similar to doing the duty. Sex is sex. But there's always that one girl which completely blows your mind over-and-over again, and you just don't understand how or why. And no matter how many you sleep with after her, you would compare all the other girls to her. That girl is the BMW. =p

aaron77, r u an Accountant or Accountant-2-b? Then I am afraid u have difficulty understand us because whatever we speak here, will never make sense or agree by your calculator.. :p

Otherwise, it should not be too difficult..

LOL, you guys are so nice, would love to meet up with you all someday. But for now I shy lerrr.. hehehe

Van1ty: I like the way you describe it. haha. hmmm as for the model, i only love E60 and nothing else :p :love::love::love:

astroboy: I am in the I.T industry. :)

I'm in the IT industry too Aaron.

About 2 years ago, I upgraded from my old Wira to a 325i. How can I express how it feels to drive to you...hmmm.....

Imagine eating raw chicken all your life. Then one day you go KFC and get 1 dinner plate. Once you bite, you're finished. Cannot eat raw chicken anymore.

I think moving from any JDM or BolehCar to any European marque would have similar "impact".. unless u have family member's that drive different European cars so you can take time to test them one by one, going for a short 10 min showroom test drive is really too short to tell u much.

I don't have a rich background, so I don't get those opportunity. I took the plunge base on few gathered facts:
1. Alfa is a pure performance car but too raw, less refined. High maintenance!
2. Audi was a little less aggressive in their design.. until lately. But my heart is with BMW lio. Audi market is smaller and that would result in difficulty in sourcing parts, both availability and price. Depreciation also very jia lat!
3. Fiat? Spares also rare and value drop like rocks, short of performance too (minus the Fiat Coupe la).
4. Merc brand is too mature for me. I still can't accept the fact of a 30 years old young man driving Merc. Its either he's very successful, or too show off, or try to impress mother-in-law. I am neither.
5. VW GTI FSI DSG... is another cool car in my consideration list.. but the car is not too suitable for a family man like me... 3-series offer more boot space and more refine ride than the sheer race breed of a GTI. Since young, I never fancy any hatch back car, I call it no back side.. :p

As u can see, I don't have much choice.. :p

My dad's a Merc fan. he has the W123 and W124 and had a Volvo 240 once as an official car.
I also had an Audi 4000 while studying in the States. Crazy car. Shared with friends. Then, I got myself a Honda Civic 2 door. Balik Malaysia, started working used an Isuzu JJ. Yup. What to do.. can't pick up chicks with this one. Aircond not working, velvety seats. :p
Then got myself a Honda Civic EG before taking a plunge into my first Bimmer, an E36 318. Yucky. Wrong move. Got the 325, big smile in my face. I only knew about this forum after I bought my 318. It was a costly buy & maintain car. I sold it off as quickly as possible once I found a nice 325 gem, recommended by a forummer too. I still keep that 325 til now and added the E39.

Top Bottom