What happens during Puspakom inspection?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
because used parts are going to be a problem may i suggest that this club/forum start or highlight a list that will help members with their future repairs in the absence of used parts. it is just a pre-emptive measure. it may help to reassure members that their cars are pretty much ok in terms of maintenance.
for example.
gearbox: can be rebuilt
engine: can be rebuilt:
headlights: available as new or taiwan parts (according to models, ie; e46, e39, etc etc)
body parts (new/taiwan/fibre/etc)
e30 used parts: contact so and so
aircond compressor: can be rebuilt/or new/reconditioned local
etc etc

then again, there is always ebay and the various internet websites to order from.

Parts

Don't worry too much about parts. All our YBs and CEO's and MDs drive imported cars. They have to find their spareparts somewhere. I also doubt they will be willing to pay top dollar for brand new parts.

Some more most government cars are imported cars too. Is the government going to pay rm300 everytime an expansion tank breaks?

Salut

Aiyaa... can't import used part, then declare as new loo.. not like they gonna open the container anyway.. :p or probably all cannot import unless a "special" channel is used.. all kinds la.

Malaysia Boleh ma! :top:

Stop worrying okay!

On top of all that the customs or whoever inspects all the car parts coming into the country will have to learn about every part of every car on earth to know what new or used looks like. Nuts man.

Salut

nahanella;467399 said:
ok..tht is ur view..:eek:.u cannot think everyone should follow u.:rolleyes:.. this forum open for bimers and up to them to think and decide anything..for me no prob as long not against the terms set by BMW club:top:... ADIOS

nahanella;467463 said:
k...im cool now,,,:love:

nahanella, not really sure what you're trying to say here. word of advise, if you're not sure about who said what, take a step back and clarify to get a better understanding on what the other chap is sharing.

end of the day, there are always means and ways to share your opinion in a sensible manner. the choice is yours.

would also suggest all to tone down on the government issues as this is not a political blog. discuss what your opinion by all means but keep it simple and not overboard as the club is not in any way affiliated with any political party. we're just a car club so let's remain that way.

cheers!

sorry bro

its my reply to astro boy ...coz his view abt my earlier post... juz ignore ... :top:\sorry buddy

WHEN U ROADTAX EXPIRING? IF UR RTAX EXPIRING JAN OR FEB 2010 ...U CAN RENEW YOUR ROADTAX AND INSURANCE BEFORE 31ST DEC 2009 TO AVOID INSPECTION:thefinger:..BUT ONLY FOR 1 YEAR LOO :motz:[/QUOTE]

Hi, the roadtax of my E30 is expiring in Feb 2010, can I renew it now just like what you said to avoid a year of inspection at least. How to meet up with you?

Gerald 5;468132 said:
WHEN U ROADTAX EXPIRING? IF UR RTAX EXPIRING JAN OR FEB 2010 ...U CAN RENEW YOUR ROADTAX AND INSURANCE BEFORE 31ST DEC 2009 TO AVOID INSPECTION:thefinger:..BUT ONLY FOR 1 YEAR LOO :motz:

Hi, the roadtax of my E30 is expiring in Feb 2010, can I renew it now just like what you said to avoid a year of inspection at least. How to meet up with you?[/QUOTE]

u can contact me at 013 354 0000.... bt i guess govt might review again:top:..so my suggestion juz wait till mid december..... many people dont agree wt new NAP and i think current govt ready to listen and revise.... so hope for good news soon:wink:

nahanella;468581 said:
Hi, the roadtax of my E30 is expiring in Feb 2010, can I renew it now just like what you said to avoid a year of inspection at least. How to meet up with you?

u can contact me at 013 354 0000.... bt i guess govt might review again:top:..so my suggestion juz wait till mid december..... many people dont agree wt new NAP and i think current govt ready to listen and revise.... so hope for good news soon:wink:[/QUOTE]

Cheers! and thanks, already save your number.

Hellraiser;467466 said:
nahanella, not really sure what you're trying to say here. word of advise, if you're not sure about who said what, take a step back and clarify to get a better understanding on what the other chap is sharing.

end of the day, there are always means and ways to share your opinion in a sensible manner. the choice is yours.

would also suggest all to tone down on the government issues as this is not a political blog. discuss what your opinion by all means but keep it simple and not overboard as the club is not in any way affiliated with any political party. we're just a car club so let's remain that way.

cheers!

Yeah,I suppose that's a timely reminder though it gets really tough sometimes to keep it under control whenever you get to thinking how the gomen is screwing with us.Will try Mr.Hellraiser..maybe we can go about it a little diplomatically?...ok,ok,we'll stick to Beemers

Good News!

The government has agreed to pull back the introduction of an end of life policy for vehicles after taking into account the people's views and feedback.

Since the announcement of the plan, the government has been receiving many complaints from the people who are generally not agreeable to the mandatory annual comprehensive inspection as requirement for road tax renewal for vehicles aged 15 years or older, a statement from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) said Friday.

On October 28, MITI had announced the new National Automotive Policy (NAP) which included the Vehicle End Of Life Policy which will see the introduction of a mandatory annual check-up of cars 15-years and above as a requirement for road tax renewal.

-- BERNAMA

solo;468904 said:
The government has agreed to pull back the introduction of an end of life policy for vehicles after taking into account the people's views and feedback.

Since the announcement of the plan, the government has been receiving many complaints from the people who are generally not agreeable to the mandatory annual comprehensive inspection as requirement for road tax renewal for vehicles aged 15 years or older, a statement from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) said Friday.

On October 28, MITI had announced the new National Automotive Policy (NAP) which included the Vehicle End Of Life Policy which will see the introduction of a mandatory annual check-up of cars 15-years and above as a requirement for road tax renewal.

-- BERNAMA

Praise the Lord!! Finally,some light at the end of the Genting tunnel.....Headlines should read "Minister found brains after holidays"

Well I saw on TV 1 can't remember lately in the selamat pagi Msia., an MP for Labuan disagree with the plans as he said the govt is not suppose to burden the rakyat as most with older cars are people from the lower income group and if they are loaded sure they will change cars after few years and that includes us car lovers and he said he don't think puspakom can handle so many cars as they also don't have many branches even today with commercial vehicles had to que for inspection how to handle when all had to be inspected.

I knew sure they will review the idea from the beginning always the case Malaysia boleh. I had 1965,1974,1990 cars if kena inspection I will pass it to my runner to do it don't like to wait like dungu at their place, had did inspection in the past so far no problem but my runner who is a car lover too did it for me all I know I am ok with road tax.
Don't worry there are lots of cars in bad condition out there we are having well look after cars can still speed as good as new. One minister did mention that old cars can create accidents not to comment lah ask him to check the statistic if they have records of what cars use to be in accident most of which are new cars young drivers, old cars don't travel far xcept BMWs......

Top Bottom