What happens during Puspakom inspection?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
My 1995 E36 will be 15 years old next year and under the reviewed NAP it will have to undergo a PUSPAKOM inspection when I renew the road tax next year. 1)What does the inspection entail? 2)How long does it take? 3)How much will it cost? 4)Will they tear my 3M tint? My tint is the cheaper one, costed RM1100 all around. Thanks

I'd been twice to Puspakom this year..basicly there's slightly different routine check for different purpose say change ownership, re- register (r/tax dead more than a year) etc.It take about 30 mins only and cheap too!(RM30 only...go yourself don't use your bloodsucking runner!!)
Maybe next year a bit different & a bit pricey too...imagine all 15 and above year cars have to get their approval....:eek:

anxious;466839 said:
My 1995 E36 will be 15 years old next year and under the reviewed NAP it will have to undergo a PUSPAKOM inspection when I renew the road tax next year.

1)What does the inspection entail?

2)How long does it take?

3)How much will it cost?

4)Will they tear my 3M tint? My tint is the cheaper one, costed RM1100 all around.

* WE CAN RENEW RTAX 60 DAYS EARLIER FROM EXPIRY DATE:rock:
Thanks

AND IF ANYONE FACE PROBLEM TO RENEW 3RD PARTY OR 1ST PARTY INSURANCE CAN CONTACT ME AT 013 3540000.. I'M AN AGENT AND IN THIS LINE FOR 10 YEARS... HOPE U ALL GUYS CAN GIVE BUSINESS AND SUPPORT..WILL DO MY BEST TO GIVE QUALITY AND GOOD SERVICES...TQ

WHEN U ROADTAX EXPIRING? IF UR RTAX EXPIRING JAN OR FEB 2010 ...U CAN RENEW YOUR ROADTAX AND INSURANCE BEFORE 31ST DEC 2009 TO AVOID INSPECTION:thefinger:..BUT ONLY FOR 1 YEAR LOO :motz:

My old man's Swedish brick was idle for more than a year once and when renewing roadtax, has to go to Puspakom for clearance. It was if not mistaken RM20 few years back.

What they did was rip the door seal on the A-pillar to look for weld point which suggest "kereta sambung", they'll match the chassis and engine number with the registration card and check all the lights to make sure all lights are working. That's all. A quick 10 min job but the queue was like an hour. They will immediately issue u a clearance letter, with which only you can get your roadtax from JPJ.

The car wasn't tinted, so no problem there. Best know where your chassis and engine numbers are, or else they can take hours hunting for the numbers.. :24:

The thread is started with a question of what will happen now if the age of the car hit the inspection requirement in the new NAP.

So who ever has the answer, just answer or share la.

Similarly, if you have a problem with your car and seek opinion here, we don't expect answer like "Hi, I am Ah Kow from Ah Kow workshop, and has handle BMW for more than 10 years, contact me, I'll solve your problem!" Yah yah! we know your mother is a female..

Correct or not? So if you know what are the Puspakom charges, what do Puspakom check and what is the procedure and process, just share la. Its alright for you to tell us you are in this business which will add credibility to your answers. Who know if any of us find the process too tedious, we might subscribe to your paid service. That way, everyone learn and benefit from the knowledge.

There is a difference between "taking advantage of situation selfishly", and "share info for mutual benefit to earn from willing and well informed prospect"..

Agree?! No?!

astroboy;466862 said:
My old man's Swedish brick was idle for more than a year once and when renewing roadtax, has to go to Puspakom for clearance. It was if not mistaken RM20 few years back.

What they did was rip the door seal on the A-pillar to look for weld point which suggest "kereta sambung", they'll match the chassis and engine number with the registration card and check all the lights to make sure all lights are working. That's all. A quick 10 min job but the queue was like an hour. They will immediately issue u a clearance letter, with which only you can get your roadtax from JPJ.

The car wasn't tinted, so no problem there. Best know where your chassis and engine numbers are, or else they can take hours hunting for the numbers.. :24:

astro boy..name suit for u..still boy....i never force to buy from me...if find prob to buy then can get my asistance.... i dont think my statement against bmw club rules.. if u dont like jgn baca laaa:burnout:

naha, your offer and advice is much appreciated. thanks.
the very least it'll save us rustbuckets 1 year of suffering at puspakom.
cheers.

as mentioned there are currently 2 types of inspection - for ownership transfer (which is simpler and faster) and the overall vehicle check. for the purpose of the NAP, i believe there will be a new set of procedures introduced as they did cite safety and environmental concerns as the reason. at the moment, puspakom doesn't even look at the vehicle's tyre condition and exhaust emission values. they check the brakes, suspension, engine and chassis numbers, signs of cut vehicles, lights.
if safety and the environment is going to be a real concern, they will need to look at the tyres, exhaust emissions just as much as parts such as indicators, wipers, front and rear seat belts, airbags, vehicle alignment, fuel tank condition, rusted bodywork, front and rear windscreens, side mirrors, etc in order to be really thorough.
i've forgotten about the current cost of inspection but i can tell you that it is never a pleasant or hassle-free experience to go to puspakom and jpj.
to save u the hassle, check whether your tint is jpj approved or not. worst case scenario, u can just tear it off when asked by the inspectors at puspakom.
as for me and my rustbucket, i'll settle with naha's advice to get my road tax early and sacrifice 1 month in favour of 1 year of staying as far away as i can from puspakom.
best of luck.

while we're on the subject of puspakom and digressing to the national automotive policy's on the end of vehicle life proposal, i say strip the car bare naked to the bones if u ever have to send her to the scrapyard. the law may say u have to scrap her but it doesn't tell you she must go dressed. heck, i'll take back even the bloody number plate casing if it ever comes to that. this i promise. the bloody vultures are not getting anymore than what they expect which is a head of scrap metal...that too, i may just visit the neighbourhood scrap metal dealer to timbang kati.
at the moment my car and i are chanting "hell no we won't go, hell no we won't go!" lol!

Had a bad experience with PUSPAKOM Bangi. Small set up, two lines one for commercial vehicle another for private. One of the guy there hold on to my report. Saying problem with comp system. Waited hours! while others that came after me (mostly runners) were through. Dont know whether want $$ or what. Decided to take it to another PUSPAKOM center in Manjalara Kepong. Bigger set up. 5 or 6 lines. No problem. done in 30 min (but waiting time about 1 hour)
Yes, you have to know where chasis number and engine number are located. My friend's check up cannot proceed simply because they cant find the engine number. It was under the cover but they refuse to find the right tools to open it up WTF? Then he went to another center, no problem.

Had a bad experience with PUSPAKOM Bangi. Small set up, two lines one for commercial vehicle another for private. One of the guy there hold on to my report. Saying problem with comp system. Waited hours! while others that came after me (mostly runners) were through. Dont know whether want $$ or what. Decided to take it to another PUSPAKOM center in Manjalara Kepong. Bigger set up. 5 or 6 lines. No problem. done in 30 min (but waiting time about 1 hour)
Yes, you have to know where chasis number and engine number are located. My friend's check up cannot proceed simply because they cant find the engine number. It was under the cover but they refuse to find the right tools to open it up WTF? Then he went to another center, no problem.

hitman;467119 said:
naha, your offer and advice is much appreciated. thanks.
the very least it'll save us rustbuckets 1 year of suffering at puspakom.
cheers.

as mentioned there are currently 2 types of inspection - for ownership transfer (which is simpler and faster) and the overall vehicle check. for the purpose of the NAP, i believe there will be a new set of procedures introduced as they did cite safety and environmental concerns as the reason. at the moment, puspakom doesn't even look at the vehicle's tyre condition and exhaust emission values. they check the brakes, suspension, engine and chassis numbers, signs of cut vehicles, lights.
if safety and the environment is going to be a real concern, they will need to look at the tyres, exhaust emissions just as much as parts such as indicators, wipers, front and rear seat belts, airbags, vehicle alignment, fuel tank condition, rusted bodywork, front and rear windscreens, side mirrors, etc in order to be really thorough.
i've forgotten about the current cost of inspection but i can tell you that it is never a pleasant or hassle-free experience to go to puspakom and jpj.
to save u the hassle, check whether your tint is jpj approved or not. worst case scenario, u can just tear it off when asked by the inspectors at puspakom.
as for me and my rustbucket, i'll settle with naha's advice to get my road tax early and sacrifice 1 month in favour of 1 year of staying as far away as i can from puspakom.
best of luck.

tq bro... at least u appreciate my view..... type of inspection no finalised yet..once i got thefull & correct info from Puspakom will publish in forum......
:rock:

i dunno bout you guys, but i think "my" government should work for me, not the other away around.

i am sick and tired of being treated badly, this is a bad call and it is very inconvenient to everyone.

our 15 to 20 year old rides are freakin awesome compared to a BRAND NEW PROTON irrespective of model.

for god sakes, can we all unite, mebbe get all the car clubs and protest this nonsense THROUGH the "right" channels????

mr president, any cooperation?

tombstonecannotpost;467300 said:
i dunno bout you guys, but i think "my" government should work for me, not the other away around.

i am sick and tired of being treated badly, this is a bad call and it is very inconvenient to everyone.

our 15 to 20 year old rides are freakin awesome compared to a BRAND NEW PROTON irrespective of model.

for god sakes, can we all unite, mebbe get all the car clubs and protest this nonsense THROUGH the "right" channels????

AGREED!!! summore with no more chop shop starting 2011....boleh gila aku.....:eek::stupid:

tombstonecannotpost;467300 said:

:top: may be mr president can arrange convoy to Putrajaya .... to show our protest .but strictly no political motive ..... may be we can corporate with other club ..example merc / mini / audi ...this to get more quantity..coz without volume we r nothing.... if we able to gather maximum patricipant its might possible to review again the new policy...

you know whats the sad part, all the big ass car players SELLING RECON cars are welcoming this move, because now finally they can sell their hundreds of thousand units lying down in their showroom!!!! AGE wise all "5" years and below. (so call) as our brother JKay has found out by doing his homework....

brother JKAY, the reason they change the 645ci to 2005 from 2004 because, if they dun sell it by this year, they will be stuck with the car....

malaysia only allows a max of 5 years for it to qualify as a reconditioned unit and must be sold by then. the moment it hits 6 years, they will have trouble with registration.

so in brother jkay's case, year 2005 was "MADE" so that they have another year to sell the car when this year ends... 8|

these are the types of monkeys welcoming this "MOVE" by our government...

Its always the same old trick la. First they remove something from you, then later they gave it back to u and expect you all to appreciate their kindness and portrait themselves like angle from heaven and plead for support with a vote. Sadly it works every time!

astroboy;467397 said:
Its always the same old trick la. First they remove something from you, then later they gave it back to u and expect you all to appreciate their kindness and portrait themselves like angle from heaven and plead for support with a vote. Sadly it works every time!

ok..tht is ur view..:eek:.u cannot think everyone should follow u.:rolleyes:.. this forum open for bimers and up to them to think and decide anything..for me no prob as long not against the terms set by BMW club:top:... ADIOS

Top Bottom