What can i get from a monthly salary of RM12K after tax?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
well, i guess the rule-of-thumb still work, i.e. 30% of your monthly income is ideal (if not max) amount one can spend on (monthly) car hp

the good thing is i've invested in (a few) properties and i'm confortable with its self-sustaining (rental paying mortgage) scenario now. car is the last thing i'm 'investing' and i'm about to do so now.

supergripen said:
seems fahrer is at one extreme and dumeort seems to be on the other..both have valid points.while it pays to be careful and thrifty with your income,life as they say is short and u only live once.so while keeping in mind not to spend too much on cars,u have to also treat urself to something that u like.

i'd take the middle ground..find a car that still inspires and one that stirs your soul while at the same time keeping to a pre-planned limit as to what u'll will spend on a car.

u don't want to end up with a Proton btw..:eek:

and not perodua also.

powerbook said:
well, i guess the rule-of-thumb still work, i.e. 30% of your monthly income is ideal (if not max) amount one can spend on (monthly) car hp

the good thing is i've invested in (a few) properties and i'm confortable with its self-sustaining (rental paying mortgage) scenario now. car is the last thing i'm 'investing' and i'm about to do so now.

superb. u plan well. So conclusion will be 'NIKE' !

hehehehhe...

someone used to say, " a fool and his money is soon parted"

if you dunno wot you wan then dun lar spend the money... especially listening to other ppl mah. Each model got it own good and bad. cant decide? just go buy a BMWClubMalaysia t-hirt until you can sing along to the spicegirls' song "what you really really really wan!" :D

ah lian ar, its Thomas Tusser who said: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

why do you think this Forum existed at the first place?

powerbook said:

Just like you bro, I myself into rental properties and the good thing is that other people are paying for them. The things is, the more property I bought the lesser economic sense it makes for me to buy an expensive car, even though I can afford an E60 right now. We've been thought to accept and to feel comfortable with this 30% formula. In other parts of the world, this is totally unacceptable. Because there are people like us who willingly support this lifestyle, no wonder the price of automobiles in our country will always on the rise and still there are people buying.

funfer, yes i couldn't agree more. in this part of the world i'm in now, there's no such thing as 9 years loan with a mere 10% downpayment and recently i heard there's even ZERO downpayment offered by some finance co. (here: 30% dp with a max of 3 years hp)
therefore, i'm contemplating of getting a most-recent used 328i or 330i to satisfy my craving.

powerbook said:
funfer, yes i couldn't agree more. in this part of the world i'm in now, there's no such thing as 9 years loan with a mere 10% downpayment and recently i heard there's even ZERO downpayment offered by some finance co. (here: 30% dp with a max of 3 years hp)
therefore, i'm contemplating of getting a most-recent used 328i or 330i to satisfy my craving.

Good for you bro. I know our real estate minds will get us somewhere.:D

i would look at depreciation rather than repayment amounts......
If buying a new 325i, estimate about
15 to 20% depreciation in the first year, and then about
10% there on for the next 2 years.....and then
8% for the next 2 years......
after 5 years, the car would be worth about 40 to 50% of the new list price.....

Our depreciation trends are getting closer to the western countries where currently after 3 years, the car is worth only about 40% of its value........Malayisa we are at 40 to 60% currently depending on car type

In your case, would try to find a second hand e90 325i or if want to take a RM30-40K hit in year 1, a new 325i.......

powerbook said:
Where exactly are you now??? Ur earlier suggested that you're here in Malaysia but this post show the opposite...

If I were u
I get a car that I can settle in 2 years
max is 3 years
more than that..I simply can't afford that car.

Let us all think what is going on our country. Buy proton 110% loan. Go and purchase one and you'll get aroung 4-5k cash with waja 1.6 M.

*With the head turning left and turning right slowly together and clap
the hand slowly*

this country is 'fantastic'. the auction car advertisement are bigger and bigger.

funfer_fahrer said:
Good for you bro. I know our real estate minds will get us somewhere.:D

wah bro..didn't know u had a 'real estate' mind..

myself,can't even afford another property..no money la.hehehe:rolleyes:

12k after tax and just married?? itchy wanna buy nice car?? don't.. save your money....

12k after tax and not married...... but itchy so buy nice car?? yes.. to help solve that itch....

E90 325i that be the safe choice... E46 m3 the best choice... my opinion since this is a BMW forum. ask me this question at honda forum you get different answer..

Whatever you decide to buy...... PLEASE don't buy a brand new car unless you really have to.
The more people who buy new cars with the crappy taxes and duties, the more money the government gets and the longer PROTON will survive

MRsamdol said:
ask me this question at honda forum you get different answer..

hehe.. right on bro..

with 12k, can get very decent car.. but if i were u, i'd set a portion aside for savings/investment first.. but that's just me.. :)

scin said:
Whatever you decide to buy...... PLEASE don't buy a brand new car unless you really have to.
The more people who buy new cars with the crappy taxes and duties, the more money the government gets and the longer PROTON will survive

oh, and dun work so hard and earn so much.. the more tax u pay, the more money the government gets and the longer PROTON will survive.. :confused:

adliz said:
oh, and dun work so hard and earn so much.. the more tax u pay, the more money the government gets and the longer PROTON will survive.. :confused:

i'm with ya dude.. we pay so much tax but yet have so little say.don't even mention benefits...and the transparency as to where our taxmoney goes also leaves much to be desired.
we in middle class are always on the losing side.pay most tax with the least benefits.suckis majoris....
get a 2nd hand car and present your two most desireable fingers to the taxman..

Top Bottom