what are the main disadvantages for the E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

abdobasha2004

Club Guest
hiI am from EgyptI am thinking of buying a BMW 523i model 2000 or 1999however I was told that the spair parts are over priced !!and may be the mercedes spair parts be less !!so what are the main disadvantges?and is it better or mercedes E 200 model 2000 or c180 model 2000??thanks a lot

abdobasha2004;479083 said:
hi
I am from Egypt
I am thinking of buying a BMW 523i model 2000 or 1999
however I was told that the spair parts are over priced !!
and may be the mercedes spair parts be less !!

so what are the main disadvantges?

and is it better or mercedes E 200 model 2000 or c180 model 2000
??

thanks a lot

Spare parts in Egypt is overpriced?

Spare parts in Egypt is overpriced?
I heard it is generally high I think
I was told that mercedes may have cheaper but not genuine spar parts
BMW must be genuine

what do u think?

Speaking of genuine is a rather subjective word. Original parts are obviously genuine. OEM parts are equally genuine to OEM standards. Counterfeit parts are obviously non-genuine. It goes to all manufacturers for that matter.

OEM are much cheaper compared to original parts for many reasons for ex: QC isn't as stringent as original part manufacturers.

OEM parts can the job of a original part just as well. The question you should be asking is, how long can an OEM part last compared to an original part, given the fact that it's much cheaper to begin with yet it's genuine to OEM standards?

As an alternative to acquiring spare parts at your local stockist, you may find many parts distributors online as well. In some instances, they could be cheaper buying them online incl. shipping.

BTW, how's the E39 scene in Egypt?

it would be hard to advise as many of us do not know the spare part market in egypt, similar to we don't know what is a fair price for petrol and diesel in egypt as compared to malaysia.

best is to contact your local bmw and mercedes distributor and come to your own conclusion.

abdobasha2004;479083 said:
hi
I am from Egypt
I am thinking of buying a BMW 523i model 2000 or 1999
however I was told that the spair parts are over priced !!
and may be the mercedes spair parts be less !!

so what are the main disadvantges?

and is it better or mercedes E 200 model 2000 or c180 model 2000
??

thanks a lot

when it breaks down cause it burn a hole in your pocket

abdobasha,

If you're thinking of the E30s range...go for the E34. Won car of the year award in it's time, said to be the most reliable BMW in time. ;) But get a 525 or a 520 manual...the automatic is underpowered. =P

I have to think long and hard for this one, but I've come up with a few:

1.Can be hard to manoeuvre around tight spaces,no thanks to its crap turning circle

2.A totally stock standard E39 looks a bit dated,especially in silver(yes,mine).Needs at least some 17" rims to make it look a
bit contemporary.

3.Suspension parts are expensive even by BMW standards.

And that's about it for me.

bmw4eva;479943 said:

I have to think long and hard for this one, but I've come up with a few:

1.Can be hard to manoeuvre around tight spaces,no thanks to its crap turning circle

2.A totally stock standard E39 looks a bit dated,especially in silver(yes,mine).Needs at least some 17" rims to make it look a
bit contemporary.

3.Suspension parts are expensive even by BMW standards.

And that's about it for me.

Yea man...that's for sure crappy. A volvo 940 or even the new vios makes a lot smaller circle. I always curse the turning radius everytime i park...damn it...

I must agree with X Benz, BMW drivers smile more especially in the corners!

Mercs are good passenger car, BMWs are driver's car. :)

Top Bottom