E39 520i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Oh, talk about roadtax, dun forget you are paying the same for 523 or 525, both are 2494 cc.

I will go for 525i..., power of 523 is slightly softer than 525.

Good luck.

My experience: I am cruising 523i, but if i can choose again, i will go for 528i now..

kitwhizz;243928 said:
Theres nuthin wrong in it bro....just the ROADTAX is killin..

Do you really think that that RM800++ extra is not worth it when it can give you SO Much more??

Ha ha, if you guys think the Roadtax for a 528 is killing, wait till you see the maintainance bill. Pay the extra and enjoy the ride.

keray;244207 said:
Ha ha, if you guys think the Roadtax for a 528 is killing, wait till you see the maintainance bill. Pay the extra and enjoy the ride.

I strongly agree with that.

When u want to cruise BMW, dun lar so mind the roadtax..Ah boh then, buy MyVi lor..

Well...its not a must to be able to compromise of high roadtax merely to njoy the ride? Theres other ways too...think outside the box.

523i vs 520i (2.2 litre)

bmw7833;243671 said:
Still underpower..

bro,
The 520i (year 2001 onwards) engine's is M54 with double vanos & fly-by-wire throttle. On paper, it has better output ie. 170bhp and 210 Nm torque than the 523i despite 326cc lesser.

Jerman;244416 said:
bro,
The 520i (year 2001 onwards) engine's is M54 with double vanos & fly-by-wire throttle. On paper, it has better output ie. 170bhp and 210 Nm torque than the 523i despite 326cc lesser.

But dun forget that 523i can be tune up for better perfomance..That's why "no replacement for displacement"..Although 326cc only, it can take over 520i easily..

**How about ur rim?? :rock:

bmw7833;244422 said:
But dun forget that 523i can be tune up for better perfomance..That's why "no replacement for displacement"..Although 326cc only, it can take over 520i easily..

bro,
Perhaps you would like to share what has been done to yours or could be done? Supercharger or ECU re-map....etc? Many 523i out there would like to emulate?:burnout:

wei jerman, why not enuf ka for wat u've done to yr ride as to avoid kena asap ? yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

Bailey;244577 said:
wei jerman, why not enuf ka for wat u've done to yr ride as to avoid kena asap ? yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

bro,
Yang kena asap tu.......warna silver, kan?:eek:

Jerman;244566 said:
bro,
Perhaps you would like to share what has been done to yours or could be done? Supercharger or ECU re-map....etc? Many 523i out there would like to emulate?:burnout:

I still stay with my stock plain car, never install any supercharger or ECU re-map..I read a magazine b4 that 523i (single vanos) always powerful than 520i (double vanos). :cool:

Jerman;244585 said:
bro,
Yang kena asap tu.......warna silver, kan?:eek:

excuse me ??????????? i bet u r referring to another silver karer one rite which is same like your :thefinger: :smokin: :wink:

Jerman;243277 said:
kitwhizz,
If your budget permits, I suggest you go for the last batch M54 engine. Fuel consumption (least of worry), you could get about 8- 8.5km per litre (city driving) and 10-11km per litre (highway). As for maintenance, relative to Japs, it's about 20-30% more in service/maintenance overall but you will not regret it as it's an excellent car (overall package), build quality, solid & superb NVH, high comfort level & good handling and its driving dynamics. Power wise will not take off like the Volvo T5 but adequate for most occasions!

More info on E39, click here

http://www.official-auto.net/oa2/77/Bmw E39.html

http://www.e38.org/e39/

Waaaah Mr Jerman now ur saying my car is under power ka...sdh beli cc besar ... [/quote]

bro,
Bukan you ler, kereta warna silver mamat dari Shah Alam tu! :top:

Jerman;244796 said:
Waaaah Mr Jerman now ur saying my car is under power ka...sdh beli cc besar ...

bro,
Bukan you ler, kereta warna silver mamat dari Shah Alam tu! :top:[/QUOTE]

iceman63, to be exact jerman was referring to yr car lah underpower same like his car, wei jerman jes accept lah tat yr is under asap :stupid: :thefinger:

Top Bottom