E39 520i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wow

Price for 523 year 2000 going around 88k to 98k

Price for 520 year 2001 going for 96k to 108k

Yo guys, just to share some information. I got my e39 520 (year 99) register 03 owned by mat salleh. Got the UDM at 71k mileage 113k, double vanos with later version gearbox (PRND) with tiptronic (according to my mechanic).

I was driving kancil before the UDM (still do) and i dont really mind the performance of 520 (anyway cheaper road tax at RM375 p.a. Consumption at full tank gives 540km. Good buy? Sorry if i went out of topic (if any).

fuel consumption and mileage at 540 km per full tank on a 520i ?

if you are not really bothered with paying the extra roadtax .. .. get a bigger CC car, the engine is much more efficient and better still you get all the power on tap. here is an example of why...

my bigger cc 528 m52b28 gives out a mileage of an average of 530km/tank of petronas and 550km/tank of v-power and that is only daily city stop and go traffic. daily routine illustrated below...

damansara (fairly smooth traffic) >> KLCC(JAMMED)>> DAMANSARA (JAMMED)>> bangsar >>daman...... averages 530-550 depending on fuel i pump.

On two of my road trips down to Singapore with constant heavy footing and speed of an average of 170ish, it averages close to 800km /tank with v-power/petronas with 3 passengers and about 50kg load of stuff in the boot.

Damansara>> TUAS >> singapore (1/4 tank left before leaving the island)

only mods done to the car is a k&n drop in filter and a supersprint exhaust system and a lowered ride.

case in point.... there;s no replacement for displacement....

leforte;266072 said:
fuel consumption and mileage at 540 km per full tank on a 520i ?

if you are not really bothered with paying the extra roadtax .. .. get a bigger CC car, the engine is much more efficient and better still you get all the power on tap. here is an example of why...

my bigger cc 528 m52b28 gives out a mileage of an average of 530km/tank of petronas and 550km/tank of v-power and that is only daily city stop and go traffic. daily routine illustrated below...

damansara (fairly smooth traffic) >> KLCC(JAMMED)>> DAMANSARA (JAMMED)>> bangsar >>daman...... averages 530-550 depending on fuel i pump.

On two of my road trips down to Singapore with constance heavy footing and speed of an average of 170ish, it averages close to 750km /tank with v-power/petronas with 3 passengers and about 50kg load of stuff in the boot.

Damansara>> TUAS >> singapore

only mods done to the car is a k&n drop in filter and a supersprint exhaust system.

case in point.... there;s no replacement for displacement....

Very very good mileage....hmmm.....seems like the 528i is kindda good buy car eh? :)

fuh leforte....envy lah...currentlly the computer reads 12.1L/KM if 528 gives same mileage as 520 then GO FOR THE 528! heck with the road tax....chuckles.

dannybaba13;266258 said:
zoakiessss...w r uu???heheehheeehh tqvm dan

Bro, i am always in KL ler.... but so sorry yesterday didnt manage to tok to you for long... having some prayer... :)

Catch up with you soon ya...take care...and see ya!

nice E39 520i u hav there Egon, why dont u join the penang guys convoy for the charity drive to ipoh cheers ( soli ye if off topic a bit hehehehe) E39 is T car

Bailey;266536 said:
nice E39 520i u hav there Egon, why dont u join the penang guys convoy for the charity drive to ipoh cheers ( soli ye if off topic a bit hehehehe) E39 is T car

But seriously, the car is really in excellent condition. leather seats are immaculate condition. no squeaks no rattles a big difference from proton. When is the charity drive? any info?

Jerman;266451 said:
Egon E39,
Appended are some useful websites on E39

If you need the owner's manual, look under E39, it's at the bottom of the page

http://www.e38.org/e39/

http://www.bmwtips.com/

http://edgemotorworks.com/index.php?...27&Itemi d=55

Enjoy your ride, bro

p/s: is yours a 2.2 litre, M54 engine?

Egon-E39;266995 said:
DANKE JERMAN.......

i have the ori manual with me, came with the car. the owner kept it in the glove compartment.

it's 1991c.c ....M52TU engine

520 with M54 only came from year 2000 onwards

If Can Afford, Get 525i, Better Than 520i , For Sure, Don't Regret If You Buy 520i, Cause Too Sluggish~~~

James Chun;267135 said:
If Can Afford, Get 525i, Better Than 520i , For Sure, Don't Regret If You Buy 520i, Cause Too Sluggish~~~

Not with the 520i 2.2 (M54). But I think 523i is also a good buy.

Top Bottom