Wax for white car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

colebruno

Club Guest
Hi,I was told by my driver that DIY waxing on white car is not encouraged as it will cause the white paint to turn yellowish after a while. I'm not sure if he is lazy to wax the car or is there truth in this statement.I'm sure many brothers here have white car and i would like to here your feedback on this. Secondly, what is the different between waxing and polishing?cheers

Polishing is removing the fade and dirt from the paint work and waxing is applied after polishing to protect the polished paint work environment damage. I don't think waxing will make your white paint turn yellow. It's the environment impact that make the paint yellow.

From what I understand, waxing will remove the outer layer of paint protection. is this true? Waxing/polishing is not recommended to do frequently if so

Waxing can be applied frequently but not polishing and compounding as these will skin down the clear coat our paintwork. Wax is typically similar to the current trend of coating just that it wont last that long compared to coating and it eventually washed off after 5-10 washes (depend on wax quality)

Mine is solid white & not metallic white. Should i go for coating instead of waxing? I understand that there is separate wax for solid and metallic paint.

coating is for those who has less time to wax.
doesn't matter what sort of paint you have.
waxing is to pretect the pain.
coating stays longer.

i own 2 white cars now. both with freq waxing, and once a year polishing, my 7 year old car still shining.

Top Bottom