WAX new paint?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
you did it already or not ?

not so sure, do it at a detailer shop... done, finished with it.

saat;394980 said:
There are various conditioners and wax removers specifically formulated to perform the task of preparing the surface (including removing the wax coat) prior to polishing or waxing. Use these to ensure that the job is done properly.

seen this stuff at Swisswax@swissol outlet in hartamas ..some sort of conditioner to remove wax ....

pussy;395183 said:
you did it already or not ?

not so sure, do it at a detailer shop... done, finished with it.

did yesterday lo :p

now, i mean for the time being, i would rather spend big bucks in maintaining the car than sending it to detail shop, bcos i m gonna turn it into black color later;)

saat;394980 said:
I don't care what Kev says about using dishwash to clean your car. I will NOT use nor recommend the use of dishwash or any household cleaners on car paintwork.

Household cleaners are too harsh such that it will remove the wax coating. Unless this is yoru intent. Stay away from it.

There are various conditioners and wax removers specifically formulated to perform the task of preparing the surface (including removing the wax coat) prior to polishing or waxing. Use these to ensure that the job is done properly.

If the wax coat is removed, reapply correctly after the proper surface preparation.

Sorry Kev.

Tuan Saat,

No worries, just trying to help our friend to remove the synthetic wax he has applied onto his fresh coat of paint. No offense taken at all sir!

morpheus5039;395152 said:
my intention is to remove the wax since my front hood just sprayed and i applied NXT tech wax on it(me noob oo...so now quickly read through detailing section!!)

i m not doing surface preparation(for wax? watz the point since i wanna remove it cos new painting cannot be waxed:stupid:).

i use higher ratio than the 1:15 kev mentioned, so should be ok gua???
Kinda confuse wat to do now...

Bro,

Go ahead and do it. After that DO NOT apply anything on the surface. The paint needs 60-90 days of curing (depending on type and brand). During the curing period, no chemicals should be introduced to upset this drying stage.

Top Bottom