Uncle aziz e38 00/03

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
uncle's car should be dual stage...mine is single stage. the one that i got before was taken from a dual stage system, as the car was manufactured in year 2000

It is much more easy to get the dual stage m steering.

Single stage m steering is rare in market..Really hard to get one.

initialM;566532 said:
What does it mean by single & dual stage?

What i get from net:

Single stage airbags go off at a present speed and power. Dual stage airbags go off at different presets according to the load sensor on the front seat, so for a really light driver or passenger the airbag will inflate at a slightly slower force so as NOT to injure a smaller occupant.

Both will employ the sensor in the seat so that if no occupant in front passenger seat, the airbag will not inflate.

Anyway the both system are not interchange.

Agreed, the system aren't interchangeable, but got mat salleh did that by mixing the wire..me don't have the balls to do that.

Btw, Uncle, the M steering that i'd mention before has been sold....haiyo...

bmw7833;566537 said:
What i get from net:

Anyway the both system are not interchange.

How to differentiate? Just by the look of the stereng or other means?

Never mind ...slowly search...one day sure got one.

The progress of restoration work has been slowed down due to delay in supply of spareparts coming all the way from KL.
Mechanic is now focussing on dismantling head for top overhaul . should be ready by this week.

1. Restoration Progress 2nd week : top overhaul done , Vanos seal replaced / serviced.

eng38.jpg

2. Always admire the final look will be something like this...

mcmni.jpg

3. ....still need more time, effort and RM for image improvement...

BKW2623.jpg

Not really in good mood Eggie86. At the workshop now observing Bayern mechanic dismantling/detected the following:
- front bumper for checking air -con fan > wiring system was tempered by unprofessional mechanic (current by pass /direct current supplied to fan).....not original /Taiwan unit?
- alternator unit > suspect kong already
- sensors at the front bumper were not attached there .....

So, extra budget for replacement the faulty parts unavoidable. Has to make sure everything revert to original stock before the car on the road again. ( photo will be attached from home PC)

uncle aziz;567567 said:
Not really in good mood Eggie86. At the workshop now observing Bayern mechanic dismantling/detected the following:
- front bumper for checking air -con fan > wiring system was tempered by unprofessional mechanic (current by pass /direct current supplied to fan).....not original /Taiwan unit?
- alternator unit > suspect kong already
- sensors at the front bumper were not attached there .....

So, extra budget for replacement the faulty parts unavoidable. Has to make sure everything revert to original stock before the car on the road again. ( photo will be attached from home PC)

Sorry to hear that bro. Seems like you're having more unexpected outlays at the moment. Cheer up bro. I'm sure once remedied, it will be a really wonderful driving experience again. :top:

1. SACH absorbers for rear R & L replaced new - amongst the big ticket

sachc.jpg

2. Air -cond fan ( unexpected ) & alternator ( advisable to change )

matrik043.jpg

3. power steering fluid container and piping ( new)

matrik040.jpg

4 something make me jump....unethical UDM mechanic ( in KL )

fanwiring.jpg

5. sensors ( 4 units ) at the front bumper were removed . Were told rm400 each.....will start searching at halfcut shops

bper.jpg

6. whats left front naked...besi buruk

matrik045.jpg

wow so pricey la the sensors..small like dat oso cost a lot..

Among UDM family, 7 series spare parts most expensive.
Cost of restoration of e36 325i`94 ( belonging to SyahirE36) roughly around 50%
while for my e39 about 65% of e38 ....almost similar parts being replaced.
But one thing for sure , it live span last very long.....only one time headache.

Uncle, i got 4 front sensors..call me at 019 235 8825 if u need that. tq

uncle aziz;567657 said:
5. sensors ( 4 units ) at the front bumper were removed . Were told rm400 each.....will start searching at halfcut shops

bper.jpg

6. whats left front naked...besi buruk

matrik045.jpg

Thank YaZmEeN for the sensors. Reserve it for me. I`ll ask SyahirE36 to make arrangement to collect the item from you.

-digital AC panel : need replacement

matrik055.jpg

- broken compartment : need replacement
matrik054.jpg

- 4 front bumper sensors

A forumer in KL will despatch items by today afternoon...

uncle aziz;568816 said:
-digital AC panel : need replacement

matrik055.jpg

- broken compartment : need replacement
matrik054.jpg

- 4 front bumper sensors

A forumer in KL will despatch items by today afternoon...

Uncle Aziz,
May i know how much the AC panel costs? My AC panel is also having problem.
FYI, i'm taking delivery of my e38 728i 1998 next week. Bought from the same place you bought yours.
Placed my deposit after my mechanic's verification/inspection & test drive for about 50km. Found few areas need attention:
1) AC panel blinking (guess need replacement)
3) Aircond servicing
2) Power steering hose leaking
2) Dead pixels on dash & OBC
4) only 1 set of keys
3) rear tyres need replacement

Suspension, bushings, PDC, couplings, brake pads/disk, Electric seats, interior condition, gearbox & engine seems to be in good condition after the test drive. Thank you.

Top Bottom