Tyre Shine - Waxco

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
rozaidi83;641011 said:
WAXCO premium car wash shampoo really good.....since using this (once a week)...i not even can think when should i wax the car again...

If not mistaken, car wash shampoos with 'wax elements' inside, then to wear out the car's original layer of wax?

Nothing beats a proper wax applied after the car's been properly surface prepared though.

Imagine how many times I've come across cars that simple doesn't bead water at all after it rains... So painful.

Anyways, have started using paintbrushes to apply the tyre shine. Well, seems better, but definitely takes longer per tyre. Almost spent 10mins per tyre applying the Tupps tyre shine/Turtlewax last weekend for my car. :biggrin:

Eggie86;640445 said:
Aiyo, VCO. Haha. Mana boleh apply on tyre? :biggrin:

Thanks for the offer bro. Hope to catch your nice ride! :top:

haha..just joking to kill my sleepiness lah..already miss my car, will go n pay him a visit today..my ride is ok-ok type mah, but yours is a beast:top:

JFT63;641035 said:
haha..just joking to kill my sleepiness lah..already miss my car, will go n pay him a visit today..my ride is ok-ok type mah, but yours is a beast:top:

What beast? Hahaha. Old car la... 7 silis cannot compare to E39, timeless design. :top:

Seems like Tupps is the one to go for after reading this thread......I'm currently using Meguiar NXT Insane Shine and to be honest, nothing really "insane" about it. For me, the result does not correpond to the price and will try out Tupps after I finish off with this bottle of NXT.........

YK9;641059 said:
Seems like Tupps is the one to go for after reading this thread......I'm currently using Meguiar NXT Insane Shine and to be honest, nothing really "insane" about it. For me, the result does not correpond to the price and will try out Tupps after I finish off with this bottle of NXT.........

Haha, wait bro. Like what was discussed on the first couple of pages of this thread, it was mentioned that the key to having an 'insane' shine, would pretty much boil down to the surface preparation of the tyres itself. Have to give a proper scrubdown of the sidewalls with some Jif/Sunlight [any other dish-washing soap], then make sure the tyres are properly dried off, before proceeding with the application of the tyre gel/shine etc.

So far I've tried a whole lot of products, but like B33mER said, Tupps is water-based, means it will probably wear off after heavy rain, and if you do apply the dressing on the bumper trims, it does leave some sort of streak after it rains. Like many here have mentioned, best would be Meg's Endurance Tire Gel. Have never got the chance to try NXT though. Is yours the spray type from the bottle?

Kinda prefer those old-fashioned squeezing from bottles and applying via sponge, and lately, paintbrushes. :)

Eggie86;641101 said:
Haha, wait bro. Like what was discussed on the first couple of pages of this thread, it was mentioned that the key to having an 'insane' shine, would pretty much boil down to the surface preparation of the tyres itself. Have to give a proper scrubdown of the sidewalls with some Jif/Sunlight [any other dish-washing soap], then make sure the tyres are properly dried off, before proceeding with the application of the tyre gel/shine etc.

So far I've tried a whole lot of products, but like B33mER said, Tupps is water-based, means it will probably wear off after heavy rain, and if you do apply the dressing on the bumper trims, it does leak some sort of streak after it rains. Like many here have mentioned, best would be Meg's Endurance Tire Gel. Have never got the chance to try NXT though. Is yours the spray type from the bottle?

Kinda prefer those old-fashioned squeezing from bottles and applying via sponge, and lately, paintbrushes. :)

Bro Eggie,
You're right. Let me try using some Jif and will see the difference later. :)

The NXT that I'm using is the spray type. Very easy to use.

YK9;641382 said:
Bro Eggie,
You're right. Let me try using some Jif and will see the difference later. :)

The NXT that I'm using is the spray type. Very easy to use.

Haha, I was never really fond of the spray type. Tend to have excess residue. Maybe I'm just not familiar with using them. Might probably go back to using Endurance the next time I visit ACE.

Strangely ACE, Jaya33 does not have many Meguairs products. Almost feels like they are dropping it off their stock soon.

3er;641465 said:
Strangely ACE, Jaya33 does not have many Meguairs products. Almost feels like they are dropping it off their stock soon.

Serious ka? Which outlet? I normally go to the one at Pyramid or Mid Valley. Not sure about the availability of products at other outlets such as Mutiara Damansara or Summit. Seems like Mid Valley outlet lacks certain stuff, like for example, Soft99 Metawax which Pyramid outlet has. And vice versa I guess.

3er;641465 said:

You may want to try out Ace at IOI Mall and they carry quite a wide range of Meguiars products. I got mine over there.

Thanks for the tip bro.

Will try to pay a visit to that outlet the next time I am in the vicinity. :top:

Some updates. Have been trying the paintbrush method for the past couple of weeks, mixed with various tyre shine products, Waxco and Black Magic, and I must say, the results are impressive.

I like the way how the brush is able to ensure all the letterings, and small gaps between the sidewalls, plus outer layer of the tyres are covered too.

Hereby attach some pics of the end results:

IMAG1206.jpg

IMAG1210.jpg

IMAG1207.jpg

IMAG1211.jpg

IMAG1208.jpg

IMAG1209.jpg

Honestly, the pics doesn't give it much justice. Need to see it in the flesh to fully appreciate how wet the tyres look now. :top:

3er;645936 said:
Next question - how long does it last? :)

So far, I tend to top up the coating about once a week. Usually my itchy hands won't wait that long, so I tend to top up every 3-4 days, irrespective of shine.

Thus far, so good. Tend to mix products. Waxco shine for the main sidewalls, before applying the Black Magic tire shine on the nitty gritty parts of the sidewalls, and wordings. Stopped using sponges for the time being, but I tend to use that to apply the shine on my plastic bumper areas.

Eggie86;645965 said:
Never seen this before. Where to get it? Looks similar to Waxco...

Bro i get it from Tesco and most properly u can get it at any hyper market.

Alex5522;645974 said:
Bro i get it from Tesco and most properly u can get it at any hyper market.

Thanks Alex.

Guess I haven't been opening my eyes properly enough during my previous visits to Carrefour and ACE outlets. :biggrin:

Top Bottom