Tyre Pressure?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Your topic has been towed to the appropriate section, in the future please refer to the main forum page for guidance.
There will be a link from the original place of posting leading to the new place (This states the approriate place).
If this thread is a tech question and if you are not sure which catergory to post under, please post under general tech.
If this thread is a 'FS or WTB' then post in the classifieds.

Thank You

-The Moderator

I usually put 30psi... but sometimes when the sides r wearing off, I pump it up to 35psi...

Most importantly, Use a reliable tyre gauge!

Bro leakwoon,

I put 32 psi front and 34 psi back. Main reason is too lazy to go to petrol station to pump oxygen in when I want to carry passenger and suitcases :lol:

Since RWD car I figure that having a slightly stiffer rear tires should be better for performance.

Think for me at 34 psi is ok. If too high I scared it might be over inflated and get uneven tire wear.

32 or 31 is nice for me...

anything higher would be very bumpy.......

My setup is
225/45/17---at- 32 psi -- Front
245/40/17---at- 34 psi -- Rear
With Nitrogen all round
Tire gauge is Michelin Digital

Originally posted by scin@May 9 2006, 11:29 PM
My setup is
225/45/17---at- 32 psi -- Front
245/40/17---at- 34 psi -- Rear
With Nitrogen all round
Tire gauge is Michelin Digital
I have the same tire size as yours.....hmm..a shop in Sunway (famous for doing alignment), recommeded me to use 31 only...

Hi si-fus,

I have a CKD 2001 318i E46 riding on ORIGINAL 15 inch (don't laff lah!) rims / tyres ... Read the little sticker on the side of the driver's door, and it says:

F = 1.8 bar = 26 psi
R = 2.2 bar = 32 psi

Is this right!? Any further advice on this ...

And, if the car tyre is WARM i.e. after 1/2-1 hour driving, what pressure to load up, or better to wait until UDM is cold?

Thanks!
M2

By the way, any one has any idea why REAR > FRONT pressures?

I have a non-UDM car as well, and the manual states the same, that the rear > front, and that is a front wheel drive car, so this cannot be the reason ... or is it!!?

Hmm ... Thanks!
M2

aramis said:
I have the same tire size as yours.....hmm..a shop in Sunway (famous for doing alignment), recommeded me to use 31 only...

Is that with Nitro or air?
I tested my nitro Cold vs Hot and the difference was only 1.0-1.5 PSI
With air, the diff was as much as 2.0-2.5 PSI

So, with air, maybe 31 is good...

My opinion :

Depends on type of tires ..
eg DUNLOP Sport MAX running on 34 is not the same as DUNLOP DIREZZA or FALKEN. Sport Max has a softer side wall ...

I am running 34 infront and 36 at the back. I used to run on 32/34 but the outer tires botak too fast.

Again - it depends on ur preference; hard/soft etc. +- 2 PSI shud be alrite. Infact, if u run on normal air - it will increased by 2 - 4 psi depending on the temperature.

Mine 235/45/17........Front @ 32 and Rear @ 34......According to my tire shop......for rear wheel drive ....the rear tires pressure must higher then front to get better pick up n handling......

Yes Lionel, the owner's manual recommended higher rear tyre pressure...

Am running 215/45R17 all round, 240kPa front, 260kPa rear...

thread wear is also a factor of choosing the right tyre pressure. done this before on 15" wheels and get to drag the tyre usage to 18mths 69000km. Although, the lifespan of the tyre is only 1 year. Brand new tyres after fitting in, should break-in at 210kpa for about 5,000km. after that, 230kpa till threadwear about 40% used. Then, reduced the pressure back to about 210 for dry and 200 for wet conditions. Though, the rubber (compound) of the tyre started to harden. well... reaching the 16th month, it was really bad... compound really hard... so easy to break. though, the amount of thread i had? 50% good enough though needed to change em tyres coz dangerous as compound already harden.

hey forumers, just was thinkin would it be good if we listed out our tyre brand, tyre size and tyre pressure? will be useful lah...

Tyre Brand:

Tyre Size:

Width of Rims: J

Tyre Pressure (front):

Tyre Pressure (back):

Top Bottom