Correct tyre pressure?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
wglee said:
Stud_Daddy,

Does your car have the tyre pressure sticker on the driver's side B-pillar? If it hasn't, then I'll ponder over two things:

1. Was the car resprayed?
2. Was the B-pillar damaged in an accident and replaced?

In either case I won't be surprised if the painter or body repairer didn't bother or had forgotten to order the sticker and paste it where it should be.
Actually yes; my car was resprayed before I bought it. So that's why there's no sticker on the B-pillar!
My current 225/40/18 pressure; 35psi (rear), 31 psi (front). A little hard at the back, so might bring it down a notch to 34 psi.

wglee said:
For my E46 325i, I pump 32psi front and 37psi rear - as per the recommended pressures stated on the sticker on my car's B-pillar (driver's side). Tyres are 225/50ZR16.

sorry was away but I wonder the logic of putting a higher rear pressure on a front engine mounted car here....

can someone explain the logic here?

me newbie-lar.

Jules said:
sorry was away but I wonder the logic of putting a higher rear pressure on a front engine mounted car here....

me newbie-lar.

BMW recommends it. I presume it's to dial in some understeer, to balance off the RWD chassis which by nature has a greater propensity to oversteer than understeer.

Jules said:

me newbie-lar.

BMWs rears have quite a bit of -ve camber by default, so higher pressure on the rear also decreases slightly the excessive inner tyre wear.

---

tyre pressure for 18'' rim

recommended front-37psi and rear-38psi.
cornering very confidence.eventhough the Auto Bavaria
recommended rear wheel pressure always more 1 psi
cause rear wheel drive.Try it out!

I'm on 235/40/18 all round and my pressure is 33 psi front and 35 psi rear. This is very very good. Try it!

Top Bottom