Tyre Blow and kakimotor. Horrible combo

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

legendeer

Club Guest
Hey guys. Posted this in general section already, felt i had to put it up as much as possible (for your info).I had a blown tyre on the north-south yesterday, and since my spare couldnt sit flush with the brembo decorative calipers, i had to break it off (its strong adhesive). After that, drove to a small shop in Tampin and changed 2 front tyres.Came back at night, went to sunway (the mod area), and found only kakimotor open. In i go. Nice chap by the name of Koh sold me 1 caliper (rm 45). I didnt argue, just bought it, but he said they couldnt install for me since workshop closed, so i went back today. Also asked him to quote bilstein b8, needed to change already. He said will get back to me.A plumpish dude installed my calipers. He said i needed to wait 30 mins for it to dry, and i was cool with that, although i had to pick someone up in an hour in subang. I waited 40 mins, decided to see if it hardened, and the damn thing was still shaky, so i told the foreman to remove it, and that i'd do it myself, since it was shaky.The fat dude comes and looks at it, says "boleh jalan punya, boleh jalan punya".Then i told him i didnt want to risk it, could create a major issue if it falls off, and demonstrated to him that it was not tight (shook it a little). Our fat friend got worked up over this. He pushes the caliper off and raises his voice "lu ini macam goyang mesti tak boleh laa!", and walks away with the caliper dangling from my brakes. So i just look at him smiliing, and he asks his worker to remove it and that guy did it.I got first-hand experience of how individuals can destroy reputations of an organization.Called the koh dude, told him to forget my requested quotation, since i didnt want to spend exorbitant sums of money for absurdly stupid service. He tried to apologize on behalf of fatty, but even if there was no other workshop on the planet, i am definitely not going there again. Superb weekend man.

i've never really bought anything from the various kakimotor shops and outlets anywhere.. somehow the stuff they carry dont really attract my wallet.

The Brembo decorative calipers are slowing down the heat dissemination from the brake calipers, not a good idea in the first place for our super hot car.

Anyway, just expressing my piece of opinion. Maybe its a good thing after all since installing the Brembo decorative calipers weren't successful.

Feel better now.. :wink:

I just bought 2 bottles of Redline-MTL from them in midvalley once, RM55 each. but that was juz buy and go la...

imho, juz paint the original caliper will do la...

Top Bottom