TT for 7's

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ssmann;593599 said:
Groups for drive on 8th Jan

Friends, I am taking the liberty to put us into smaller groups so as we do not get lost and can stick to our convoy on the day. Lead and sweep car will manage convoys. Rules and listing below.

Rendevous point - 4:45pm @ Petronas Bkt Jelutong after tollbooth. We target to leave @ 5pm sharp to reach the restaurant by 6pm and start firefly tour around 8pm

Group 1

Lead car - Ssmann
Sweeper - Herbert

Cars - Badrul880, BimmerE38, Sharuddin, Deep3102, Climenta, Kaniz

Group 2

Lead car - Vincent Hor
Sweeper - Mizhan

Cars - Yazmeen, Gregcwho, DigitalPunk, Iceman13, Jim148, AlanTiong

Will add to the list as the groups grow.

Rules

1. Follow lead car. Do not overtake lead car and keep a safe distance between cars
2. Overtaking between Sweeper and Lead car allowed, but do so safely and respect for others and road conditions/traffic/rules
3. Do not overtake on double lines, sharp bends, etc.
4. Pls take down lead car and sweepers number and call in event of emergency
5. If any car breaks down, we pull the convoy to the side lane/emergency lane, put markers from a safe distance to notify traffic of a breakdown. We ensure the car, driver and occupants are safe before proceeding to the next destination. Convoy can proceed, drive organiser will stay back with a volunteer to assist car to safety and car pool to our destination for dinner

Pre-drive checkup

Although this is a short drive, please ensure the following are adhered to so as we minimise any unforseen incident

1. Car is serviced/inspected (e.g. top up radiator water, engine oil, brake/clutch fluid, etc)
2. Tyres in good order and have sufficient air. Check spare
3. Ensure toolbox in place incl tyre repair kit (jack, lock nut, etc)
4. Brakes in good order
5. Send the car for a good wash ; )

There are families involved, so I urge all to adhere to good standards whilst driving to ensure the safety of the convoy.

Many thanks and look forward to a fun drive and comradeship!

Just to inform..I might be slightly late as my flight in from Singapore is scheduled to arrive at 4.10pm. Hopefully no flight delays..can't take earlier flight as I will arrive in Singapore from HKG only at 1pm..& 2 hours is about the absolute minimum buffer for me to cater for any delay..Will try to haul ass to make rendezvous point by 5.00pm.

Will keep in touch..my number is Maxis 3 eight 9 five two 51.

Cheers :)

ssmann;593599 said:
Rules

1. Follow lead car. Do not overtake lead car and keep a safe distance between cars
2. Overtaking between Sweeper and Lead car allowed, but do so safely and respect for others and road conditions/traffic/rules
3. Do not overtake on double lines, sharp bends, etc.
4. Pls take down lead car and sweepers number and call in event of emergency
5. If any car breaks down, we pull the convoy to the side lane/emergency lane, put markers from a safe distance to notify traffic of a breakdown. We ensure the car, driver and occupants are safe before proceeding to the next destination. Convoy can proceed, drive organiser will stay back with a volunteer to assist car to safety and car pool to our destination for dinner

Bro, can rephrase the no 1 and 2 item, as first, u're not allowed to overtake the lead car, then the later states that overtaking is allowed.

Secondly, is there any of the working car using any form of radio communication? If so, i'll prefer to stay behind as the last car as i'll be using my handy set. Can assist u guys for the convoy.

Regards :D

Bro Meen, thanks for pointing out. To clarify item 1, DO NOT OVERTAKE LEAD CAR. Overtaking in the convoy between lead car and sweeper is permitted, i.e. you can main amongst each other, as long as it is safe and you do not overtake lead car. Hope this clarifies

On item 2, unfortunately we do not have a walkie talkie or CB radio. The Club is planning to invest in units, but it is yet to materialise. If you have a set available, pls bring along. There is a likelihood that one of the current sweepers may not be able to make it, and if so, then you can have that spot in the convoy.

Thanks for volunteering!

Meen,

I think what Serjit meant was u are allowed to overtake cars between the lead car & sweeper. For example Badrul880, BimmerE38, Sharuddin, Deep3102, Climenta, Kaniz can overtake each other but not ssmann & herbert. I might be wrong though.
Serjit,
Correct me if i am wrong.

kaniz;594009 said:
Meen,

I think what Serjit meant was u are allowed to overtake cars between the lead car & sweeper. For example Badrul880, BimmerE38, Sharuddin, Deep3102, Climenta, Kaniz can overtake each other but not ssmann & herbert. I might be wrong though.
Serjit,
Correct me if i am wrong.

Cha, you are correcto mundo!

Hopefully I may have 2 units of walkie-talkies available during the drive.

haha...ok..ok..i understood. just didn't read it carefully onli....tq again guys

Btw, let me be the last car lah....very shy to be the sweeper...car not powderful enough to cope with others :)

Bro Meen, there is no speeding involved in this convoy. Speeding convoy for another session. That one leave family behind, update will to incl wife's/child name instead of gf and then we go rempit.....

ssmann;594121 said:
Bro Meen, there is no speeding involved in this convoy. Speeding convoy for another session. That one leave family behind, update will to incl wife's/child name instead of gf and then we go rempit.....

I know bro....but..but...(sigh..need to think more lame excuses...hehe)

Meet up first la prior to the event...better that way rite..plan...plan... :D

Rubes72, you are more than welcome to join. Pls confirm so as I can fit you into a group

I have also mistakenly omitted our good friend Rajan. Sorry bro, you are in Group 2 with Vincent's crew. See you next Sat!

Drive to Kuala Selangor for seafood

Comrades, long overdue. Have made arrangements for the drive. Details as follows: -

1. Date: 8 Jan 2011
2. Time: 5.00pm
3. Rendezvous: Meet @ Petronas after Bukit Jelutong/Shah Alam toll exit on NKVE
4. Destination: Kuan Hwa Restaurant and Firefly tour @ 8:30pm

All are welcome. Let's make this happen..

1. Ssmann & family (3)
2. Badrul880
3. Herbert
4. Yazmeen
5. Suresh (Bimmer E38)-Tentatively
6. Gregcwho & family (5 pax total;2 ad +3 kids)
7. Vincent Hor & family (4)
8. Rajan
9. DigitalPunk
10. ICEMAN 13 - tentative
11. Mizhan & family (5)
12. climenta - tentative
13. Jim148
14. Sharuddin (sdin) - (3)
15. deep3102 - (2)
16. Kaniz
17. Alan (2)
18. Rubes72 (5) (2 Adults + 3 Children)

Pls block your calendars NOW!!

Suggest we meet before the drive .... so can plan a bit la. Just suggestion only...

Review

Left Bkt Jelutong tollbooth at 6:15pm and arrived at Kuala Selangor @ 7pm. Spent 30 mins looking for the restaurant, which was right before my very eyes!!! Thanks Unker Vince for assisting over the phone!!!

Food was excellent, both wife and son agreed! We had butter prawns, sizziling asam pedas siakap, chilli chicken and kailan. Really good food!!! Also paid the firefly tour operator a visit. He will provide a group package to be confirmed by Wed next week. I have also booked 4 tables at the restaurant for 6pm 8th Jan 2011.

P.S I need confirmation asap on how many keen to join firefly tour along with pax pls by 4th Jan 2011. I assumed all listed joining, unless told otherwise

The road is good, well paved. Traffic was heavy. Some real fun and windy strecthes to test the limits.....hehehehehehe

Thos who wanna plan, lets meet at MMZ Bkt Jelutong mamak on 5th Jan @ 8pm. Pls confirm who is able to attend.

All are welcome. Let's make this happen..

1. Ssmann & family (3)
2. Badrul880 (3)
3. Herbert
4. Yazmeen
5. Suresh (Bimmer E38)-Tentatively
6. Gregcwho & family (5 pax total;2 ad +3 kids)
7. Vincent Hor & family (4)
8. Rajan
9. DigitalPunk
10. ICEMAN 13 - tentative
11. Mizhan & family (5)
12. climenta - tentative
13. Jim148
14. Sharuddin (sdin) - (3)
15. deep3102 - (2)
16. Kaniz
17. Alan (2)
18. Rubes72 (5) (2 Adults + 3 Children)

If we arrive early, will take you guys to the sea food shop to buy salted fish, sotong, keropok (very nice and big) etc.

Remember too to bring your CoolMan Icebox if your are planning to buy really fresh fish, prawns, sotongs etc. The fisherman will be back around 4pm and the nearby market is a hive of activity.

Vincent Hor;594237 said:
If we arrive early, will take you guys to the sea food shop to buy salted fish, sotong, keropok (very nice and big) etc.

Remember too to bring your CoolMan Icebox if your are planning to buy really fresh fish, prawns, sotongs etc. The fisherman will be back around 4pm and the nearby market is a hive of activity.

I am sure many would like to buy fresh seafood from the fishermen.

Our schedule is to meet at 5.00 pm @ Petronas after Bukit Jelutong/Shah Alam toll exit on NKVE. Asumming everyone is on time, we should arrived to Kuala Selangor by 6.00 pm. Shall we then proceed to buy seafood or have our dinner first? My guess is buy seafood first. Having said that, I hope all will be on time to meet at 5.00 pm or perhaps we should meet earlier at 4.00 pm. Any suggestions?

Herbert, I think we should meet earlier like 4pm then we can carry out all the activities. It should be an enjoyable trip.

Top Bottom