Total shutdown of my brand new E90 320i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;339753 said:
Why, what did the local dealership do wrong here? The guy on the emergency line is just making a guess over the phone. Nobody will know the reason until the car has been checked.

Agree, JPB. I have personal experience of much better answers and service at Ingress. Practically all their people were the cream of AB.

In my case, for one thing, they couldnt trace the new replacement engine that was sent from germany. then, they called me and said NO stock from germany, sending today. so another 10 working days mate. this was AFTER i met him on Saturday and he assured me that BMW Ag HAS SENT THE ENGINE to Malaysia. BTW, i am referring to AB glenmarie.

Sure bimmerdude, you have a real axe to grind with AB Glen. So do I actually, but I won't go into the details. I know what you're talking about.

I was referring to our friend's woes. Let's admit that Bimmers are sensitive machines. Eg, if you don't look after them or you do mods at shops that don't know Bimmers, you'll get in trouble. I know someone who luxuriates in the shriek of his Ferrari every Sunday, but boy is it a heap of trouble to keep. Most people want an A to B machine, and a JDM fits the bill. But we're not most people are we? ;)

Schwepps;339917 said:
Sure bimmerdude, you have a real axe to grind with AB Glen. So do I actually, but I won't go into the details. I know what you're talking about.

I was referring to our friend's woes. Let's admit that Bimmers are sensitive machines. Eg, if you don't look after them or you do mods at shops that don't know Bimmers, you'll get in trouble. I know someone who luxuriates in the shriek of his Ferrari every Sunday, but boy is it a heap of trouble to keep. Most people want an A to B machine, and a JDM fits the bill. But we're not most people are we? ;)

yes agree that the jury is still out regarding this total shutdown thingy. i can deal with little issues regarding my car, but to have to deal with unbelievably incompetent, uncaring after sales service after paying for a quarter of a million ringgit car is UNACCEPTABLE. period.

Hey guys,
Sorry to hear about all the recent disasters with the e9x.

I think its quite strange all the stuff ive been reading in the forum lately. My 320 CBU germany with 120000 (yes thats one hundered and twenty thousand) kms is still running strong. I have posted recently what i have had to fork out on my own since the warranty no longer applies.

1. brake pads + rotors - RM 1100
2. expansion tank + valve for A/C unit - RM 4000 with a RM1600 kickback from BMWM

Short list huh...Other than that, ive been happy with it thus far.

Maybe there is an issue with the CKD units...Maybe they arent being put together correctly.... ???

I think if anything.. most of us other E90 owners (both CBU and CKD) have had relatively less major issues as what I've been reading over the past couple of weeks here (car for burnt down in flames etc).

If anything I rate the E90 to be a heck more reliable than my previous E46.

I second that. :top: I think the majority are very satisfied with the overall build and quality of the E90 compared to previous versions. I wouldn't drive any other car now.

I have clocked 43,000 km mileage on my car and so far everything is running fine. The only problem I have previously on my car is the excessive engine oil burn and after the new engine replacement (the mileage for the new engine as of todate is 18,000 km), everything is doing superb. I'm a happy owner of E90 325i and it's a CKD unit, body born in 2006 and heart/engine in 2007 :D

I sympathize with the folks with major problems with their new E90. However, I also would like to echo my satisfaction with E90. I have owned E36, E39 and knows E46 and E60 very well, my personal experience with E90 has been extremely good in terms of reliability.

One must also realized that new cars actually have highly probability to have problems than cars that have been running in (e.g. cars that are 1 year old). Even my previous new Integra stalled on the road due to engine over heating. Yes, they do all the checks and test before going out of the factory but car is a complicated system and there are many things can go wrong despite quality control.

the issue here is not the cars per se, but how our problems are handled by the LOCAL authorized dealers. they can't even handle a phone call la.

bimmerdude;340486 said:
the issue here is not the cars per se, but how our problems are handled by the LOCAL authorized dealers. they can't even handle a phone call la.

Yes, I do realise that. I wonder though, have you been extended a courtesy car?

Hi guys,

I got back my car just now and nobody wants to tell me what is wrong.... the answer from them is wiring problem.... when pressed to be specific, the answer is "electronic wiring problem". I have no time to argue and find out as I have given up hope for the UDM..... I am just so pissed.

By the way, if any of you is thinking of courtesy car..... don't hope..... I told my sales rep that if I do not get it by today, i need a courtesy car and her answer to me is ... I will make sure you get the car on Wed. Luckily i was out of the country till today.... I hate to think that I will be screaming at them to get me a courtesy car.... at the point of purchase, I told them to give me a courtesy car and they refused... even after I have made the payment for the purchase......

I know there are lot of UDM fans out there but I am just so pissed that I just recommend people to stay away from the car....... the time wasted to maintain the car is not worth it......

One last request......can anyone tell me if their E90 320i gives strange noise when the stearing is turned to the max when reversing or going forward..... I told AB just now to take a look at it and they say it is normal...... my E46 does not groan like that...... not even my other cars in the past.....

youngdm;340571 said:
Hi guys,

I got back my car just now and nobody wants to tell me what is wrong.... the answer from them is wiring problem.... when pressed to be specific, the answer is "electronic wiring problem". I have no time to argue and find out as I have given up hope for the UDM..... I am just so pissed.

By the way, if any of you is thinking of courtesy car..... don't hope..... I told my sales rep that if I do not get it by today, i need a courtesy car and her answer to me is ... I will make sure you get the car on Wed. Luckily i was out of the country till today.... I hate to think that I will be screaming at them to get me a courtesy car.... at the point of purchase, I told them to give me a courtesy car and they refused... even after I have made the payment for the purchase......

I know there are lot of UDM fans out there but I am just so pissed that I just recommend people to stay away from the car....... the time wasted to maintain the car is not worth it......

One last request......can anyone tell me if their E90 320i gives strange noise when the stearing is turned to the max when reversing or going forward..... I told AB just now to take a look at it and they say it is normal...... my E46 does not groan like that...... not even my other cars in the past.....

same here when the steering turn to max. - E90 -320i 2007.

youngdm;340571 said:
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about your encounter. Hope it gets resolved soon. With regards to courtesy cars, AB is usually quite helpful even though it might not be of equal spec than your own car. For eg. A few years ago when my E46 325i had a problem and was out of action for 2 weeks, AB provided me an E36 328i. Then later on when I bought my E92 and delivery was delayed after I sold my car, they loaned me an E90 325i for almost a month. That helped to appease my displeasure cos I just can't do without a car. I sense that with so many problems being reported even here, there was just not enough courtesy cars this time round.

I can feel slight vibration from the steering and even the seat when turning the steering slowly (left or right) in parking speed on my E90 320i since it was new. Send to AB few times, but they claimed that it is normal. My other Japanese car do not vibrate like that. Anyone facing the same?

Top Bottom