Tomorrow my beloved E30 will masuk klinik :(

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

asamkipas

Club Guest
Hi allhow are you ? hope all is well lolTomorrow is a day where my E30 would be going for another visit to bengkel huhu, now the problem is that my carseems to have lost lots of power..the car feels very underpowered,and when driving its jerking sort of an old chap coughing..I know that I need to change the engine oil..but what could have caused this yeah ?have to ask all you experts in here coz I'm such a noob in cars :(thanks & appreciate any comments :top:

Ohh really ? then my noobness is complete :(

i am not sure about the exact M40 or M20..but for sure is a 6 potter 325i engine..

please advise on why does this jerky couging problem occurs and the car feels tarribly underpowered

Just checked and my engine is a M20B25

same as this one

M30b25_engine.jpg

a vacuum leak can cause yr symptoms....check the rubber boot that connects yr airflow meter to yr inlet manifold...

masuk clinic ok larrr ...long time never meet the doctor kot ..... mine usually don't enter clinic, but direct into ICU...

moots;715762 said:
a vacuum leak can cause yr symptoms....check the rubber boot that connects yr airflow meter to yr inlet manifold...

Hi moots, Last weekend (this problem already happens by that time) I already cleaned the air filter and also was looking for leaks but everything seems fine apart from some cables which are not connected to any component..dono why

and also the power steering fluid has also dried up due to leaking on the tubes

From photo, it shud be a motronic M20B25...
can be a lot of factors including worn contact inside the AFM...
Anyway, a good and patient doctor can find out what is wrong...

why not just post ure actual engine picture?
didnt know we actually have same interest.. :D
all the best for ure e30..

HI all

Thank you for all the responses :top:

Now car just went back from repairs :wink:

Went to Berlin Motor Works in Segambut on Saturday :eek:

not the best job in the world, but definitely one of the better workshops out there. Friendly service, and reasonably priced :top:

Problems
=======

- Power steering failure
- Power steering fluid leak
- Jerking while driving (Coughing)

Solution
=======
- Turns out that the power steering belt is missing from the power steering pump ( Don't know when has it come off) , no wonder it doesn't work even after I filled in so many power steering fluid n so on ( the host is leaking too :stupid: )
So, just put in a new belt (RM38) and replace the return host which is leaking (Chop shop RM130) ...now the power steering is working flawlessly again :top:..lucky that I don't have to change PW steering pump or whatsoever :(

- Jerking while driving is caused by one of the spark plug cables are quiet loose n looks like some rats might have bitten the cables..a simplequick job solves the problem temporarily and one of the socket that holds the spark plug is also quiet loose hence the coughing.So now have to find a new cable for the spark plug to replace the current ones.

also changed engine oil and oil filter too..total spent was RM403..mintak kurang dapat RM400 only lol

i got a used spark plug cables for 6 potts M20 B25.. motronic

wanna buy ? RM200.00....

pussy;717427 said:

wanna buy ? RM200.00....

you're like Santa Claus with lots of goodies under the bed...haha..restepca !

pardypeople;717432 said:
you're like Santa Claus with lots of goodies under the bed...haha..restepca !

no la.. just 2 stores full of rubbish. hahaha

pussy;717427 said:

wanna buy ? RM200.00....
haha..i had de Ljet de...keke...much2 longer right? not sure whats de diff...

Top Bottom