To those who already book an F30 320d...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Quentin

Club Guest
Hi there, new member here :)I got something to ask to those who had book an f30 320done of my family member had just placed order for the new 3 series, 320d and it's supposed to be CBU, but the sales person told us that the CBU car will be arriving around April or May. Why so long ? because before that, we went to another BMW dealer and the salesman there said there's only one colour left and we didnt really like that colour so we didnt take it, but the sales person at that dealership said that if we took that one, we will be able to get that car by end of March or early April.and I've once read at paultan, about this one person with almost same situation but with the 5 series F10 This is what the guy said:I think BMW Malaysia has slapped me on my face showing little disregard for me and others who were waiting for cheaper CKD prices. If they had warned me about the close price difference, I would have made an effort to buy the CBU at RM$399,000. Also Sales had taken a lot of orders for CBU lying to customers there were ample supply of CBU cars. They assured there was a second batch of CBU coming in also. But now suddenly, they tell customers that our CBU orders would be convertedto CKDorders.
What are your guys opinion ? Do you think this sales person ( the one who said car would arrive around may or april) trying to do the same thing like that ?and to those who booked the car, when did the salesman promise you'll get the car ? april/may too or earlier ?

i was informed all cbu units have been booked.. delivery sometime mar or april..

wherelse the skd delivery will start earliest june..

so its your pick.. if me i wait laa.. im not in a rush.. but sometimes you need to go with instinct, jus do it:4:

those who book b4 n during launch-r jumping in!NOT at all good deal!those who know n love the make,will wait till it makes sense to get the proper beemer.but,i agree,follow ur instinct-Just Do It!!i'm not doin anything -YET!

I was told by my SA that there is 2nd batch of CBU coming this April.

I had booked 320d and now may cancel/change my booking to 328i. And this mean i have to pay more.

Maybe you should speak to the top management of that dealer and ask if there is a 2nd batch CBU coming shortly.

fschen;727305 said:
I was told by my SA that there is 2nd batch of CBU coming this April.

I had booked 320d and now may cancel/change my booking to 328i. And this mean i have to pay more.

Maybe you should speak to the top management of that dealer and ask if there is a 2nd batch CBU coming shortly.

So when you placed your booking for the 320d, did the salesman told you when will you be getting your car ?
Did he told you either April or May also ? :burnout:

muhaiminrahim;727253 said:
i was informed all cbu units have been booked.. delivery sometime mar or april..

wherelse the skd delivery will start earliest june..

so its your pick.. if me i wait laa.. im not in a rush.. but sometimes you need to go with instinct, jus do it:4:

nessman;727301 said:
those who book b4 n during launch-r jumping in!NOT at all good deal!those who know n love the make,will wait till it makes sense to get the proper beemer.but,i agree,follow ur instinct-Just Do It!!i'm not doin anything -YET!

So you guys want to wait for how long ?
Until CKD come out is it ?

i got my ride last year bro.. so i will wait till the f30 facelift.. thats around 3 yrs from now:4:

muhaiminrahim;727330 said:
i got my ride last year bro.. so i will wait till the f30 facelift.. thats around 3 yrs from now:4:

Yep, the f30 LCI :top:

Quentin;727319 said:
So when you placed your booking for the 320d, did the salesman told you when will you be getting your car ?
Did he told you either April or May also ? :burnout:

Well, he mentioned i can get the car shortly after launching. But i refused to accept his idea as i need to see these CBU units first. And at the end, i was so sad to learn that the 320d come with basic. Going to test drive both 320d as well as 328i this weekend. As you had read from this forum, there are people like me feel sad and disappoint.

From my SA, not all CBU unit booked. Of cause, i don't know which model, be it 320d, 328i, 335i?

fschen;727505 said:
Well, he mentioned i can get the car shortly after launching. But i refused to accept his idea as i need to see these CBU units first. And at the end, i was so sad to learn that the 320d come with basic. Going to test drive both 320d as well as 328i this weekend. As you had read from this forum, there are people like me feel sad and disappoint.

From my SA, not all CBU unit booked. Of cause, i don't know which model, be it 320d, 328i, 335i?

Hi,
i hv placed a order for CKD. hmm....wondering whether it will be get in hand by early June. This was told by SA. After reading all these threads, i am bit worrying. And also...any idea the spec for CKD as compared to CBU?

There's very obvious that SA dont know when is the actual date for the launch of CKD. Some say production only starts June, hence perhaps u need atleast a month to get it done and delivered to you.

Some say June, the cars will be ready by then.. hmmm so....

takayoto;727506 said:
Hi,
i hv placed a order for CKD. hmm....wondering whether it will be get in hand by early June. This was told by SA. After reading all these threads, i am bit worrying. And also...any idea the spec for CKD as compared to CBU?

may where u place your booking for your CKD?

Went to Wearnes Autohaus to check the 320d & 328i out.
Recently got promoted at work and now entitled to a car allowance - so thought I'd take the chance and get behind the wheel of an F30.

The diesel was awesome, but I didn't like the spec - it looked waaay too basic.
The 328i was better. Decent interior space. Loved the Sport line 328i, but HATED the red stripe inside on the dash. Looks good with Black/White/Red exterior, but with any other colour, it just looks weird!
When I test drove the 328i, while the engine was powerful and smooth, I really really missed the sound of a six-pot singing under the bonnet. What I heard instead was a dull 4-cylinder thrum. I still don't know why BMW didn't just downsize the six and slap a turbo on it to make it more economical, instead of giving us a dull four-cylinder.

And for RM309k, I thought the specs was a still a bit odd - basic audio system, no reverse cam, no adaptive dampers...

I was going to trade in the trusty E39 for this car, but after testing the F30, I've decided to keep the E39.

I'm now on the waiting list at Wearnes VW for a Golf GTi as a 2nd car ;)

c-square;727549 said:
Which Sales Centre and more specifically which SA do you guys recommend?

ask me and i will surely got to SA that knows his stuff and is not pushy to ONLY do sales.. contact my SA- Alex Tang (QuillAuto) 0192201660

muhaiminrahim;727330 said:

Nice bro :)

BTW anyone here knows if the CBU 320d are equipped with Bi-Xenon Headlamps or not ?
I forgot to check when we tested the car.

Quentin;727883 said:
Nice bro :)

BTW anyone here knows if the CBU 320d are equipped with Bi-Xenon Headlamps or not ?
I forgot to check when we tested the car.

its written on the brochure given by Quill that 320d and 328i came with Bi Xenon.
I didnt check as well, just verbally ask the SA what's the differences btwn the 2. She didnt mentioned anything about the headlamps.

well car makers normally will not spec well for new launch, for this case, 320d. If fully spec, next time how to increase sell towards the end of its life. Same for the loan, before F30 for E90, 0% interest (with terms and conditions attached, of course).

mugz;727917 said:
its written on the brochure given by Quill that 320d and 328i came with Bi Xenon.
I didnt check as well, just verbally ask the SA what's the differences btwn the 2. She didnt mentioned anything about the headlamps.

I just checked the brochure again, yes 320d has xenons, I didnt notice it last time :D

Did she mentioned any other differences between 320d and 328i that weren't stated on the brochure ?

Quentin;727943 said:
I just checked the brochure again, yes 320d has xenons, I didnt notice it last time :D

Did she mentioned any other differences between 320d and 328i that weren't stated on the brochure ?

Actually that SA that served me is not informative at all, she needs to refer to the brochure. Maybe its just new product.
Nope she didnt say anything else.

Top Bottom