Titan Suspension on my e38

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
but bro,me at JB n me not familiar jalan-jalan KL!! takut sesat jalan nanti. hehehe

anyway thanks for the reply.

any JB sifu knw where can gt titan suspension in JB?

ssmann,

Are you saying I should increase the stance slightly higher at the back ? Does putting the strut brace in the engine bay like form Ultra Racing will make it better?

ryucky81;592504 said:
but bro,me at JB n me not familiar jalan-jalan KL!! takut sesat jalan nanti. hehehe

anyway thanks for the reply.

any JB sifu knw where can gt titan suspension in JB?

None bro, their onli shop is in Pandan Mewah, KL. They custom make to order

zidee;592516 said:
ssmann,

Are you saying I should increase the stance slightly higher at the back ? Does putting the strut brace in the engine bay like form Ultra Racing will make it better?

Bro, ride height is really a personal choice and so is the use of chasis and ride strengthening aids e.g. strut bars, thicker arb etc. From my personal perspective and experience, the use of strut bar which is not strong enough can lead to a poor driving feel, eg slight vibration in steering, poor suspension performance etc. The use of thicker arb's will assist in ride handling, but at a compromise of a harsher ride due to lesser flex in the body....very very firm. Some love it and some hate it. So it all depends on what YOU personally enjoy and are comfortable with.

On ride height, when the car is used on the street and as a daily drive, it is advisable to have min ground clearance and a sufficient base for play especially in the front. The rear is less important and thus can be lower. However you would like to balance the profile of the car i.e. front and rear drop are equal.

Again, these are my personal opinions based on trial and error, spending loads of money testing different set ups largely due to listening to poor advise. In my experience, YOU must understand if you are after looks or performance. If looks, do whatever you like to make it look good at a compromise of handling, unless you spend super huge bucks on tuned systems. If performance, then there will be a sacrifice on looks, albeit not at all bad.

My 2 kupangs.

for suspension setup.. i suggest we leave that to the professionals. and dun go too extreme. normally 25% stiffening will be just nice..

ssmann;592635 said:
None bro, their onli shop is in Pandan Mewah, KL. They custom make to order

aiya, too bad. btw bro, will u pls PM me Richard contact num?

thanks

all sifu-sifu,now my e38 when tk conering my car feel maciam sampan!! adakah my suspension or my spring koyak liao?

thanks

Bro, is your E38 running on EDC? If yes, my advise is to maintain the EDC setup. I have had many nice rides on Digital Punk EDC equipped E38. The ride and performance is magical.

I also have another friend whose E38 740iL 4.4 with EDC and his suspension also behaves like what you have described. He bought a second hand set but later found out that the original absorber (wires) actually shorted due to broken insulation. Rectified that broken insulation and the car rides nice & good again.

You may want to check that area first. If you still need a set, let me know and I will try to talk him into selling his extra set.

ryucky81;592990 said:
all sifu-sifu,now my e38 when tk conering my car feel maciam sampan!! adakah my suspension or my spring koyak liao?

thanks

ssmann....thanks for you 2 kupangs tips and experience

alantiong...what do you mean by 25% stiffening?

Vincent Hor;593020 said:
Bro, is your E38 running on EDC? If yes, my advise is to maintain the EDC setup. I have had many nice rides on Digital Punk EDC equipped E38. The ride and performance is magical.

I also have another friend whose E38 740iL 4.4 with EDC and his suspension also behaves like what you have described. He bought a second hand set but later found out that the original absorber (wires) actually shorted due to broken insulation. Rectified that broken insulation and the car rides nice & good again.

You may want to check that area first. If you still need a set, let me know and I will try to talk him into selling his extra set.

hi bro, my suspension gt wire ontop, in my car it has PDC, SEDC n ASC button. btw bro how we knw that it is functioning?

it will automaticaly turn on when we start our car or nd to manually press the button?

sorry bro for the noob question. hehehe

The SEDC usually last a long long time. Is the absorbers leaking? Do you see oil patches on the absorbers? Don't think your springs are at fault. You probably need to get a good mechanic to check your wiring to absorbers.

Vincent Hor;593396 said:
The SEDC usually last a long long time. Is the absorbers leaking? Do you see oil patches on the absorbers? Don't think your springs are at fault. You probably need to get a good mechanic to check your wiring to absorbers.

no leaking at absorber bro. hmmm, ok will try to find good mech to check my sbsorber wiring.

thanks bro for the info.

Yazmeen,
What u 'gave' Serjit until u became celebrity to him personally?:wink:

erm....that one i better keep it between me and him onli lah...hehehe..

how's ur car bro?

My car is behaving to it's tagline ultimate driving machine machine....:rock:

Top Bottom