..time to get to use to it..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..im wondering, how much time would be considered a 'normal' for person who never owned big bike, to get use to something like BMW R 1200 GS Adventure, in order to comfortably and without issues join other folks during gathering, convoy or some touring ??

IMO....it is a bit subjective. To get used to the bike and be able to operate it properly may take less than one month. I have known cases of ppl who had never ride a bike, bought a 500cc cruiser, learned it on the spot and rode home.
However, to really master the bike properly at all speed and road conditions takes time (from 1 month to more than 10 years even for some ppl). You may have to learn to discard you built-in "leaning phobia" and to trust your bike. It really depends on how fast you get comfortable with the bike, and not make "stupid' mistakes when starting out. Frequent riding helps a lot.

But everyone have to start somewhere. Go ahead and get the bike, learn to handle it and as a beginner always ride it at 70%-80% your current capability, and you will be fine to join convoys and gatherings. best wishes to you.

for a beginner ride a bike within your skill limit not at your bike limit.... need time to master the gyroscopic machine... I still learning although have ridden bike for more than 15 years and big bike for more than 6 years.

Just buy it and find out bro. It make take some time but you will have fun. Cheers

this was my first long distance ride to Krabi. Look at my frens on the super. They still manage :)

Top Bottom