Thoughts on E92 335

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

silverhallique

Club Guest
Hey bros, I'm planning to get a 2008 E92 335...Could I get some info from you bros out there on the maintenance cost or any usual problem with this machine?was reading some posts here bout the hpfp problems with the 335...hope you guys could enlighten me as I'm new to continental, before this was all jap cars...Thanks in advance!

silverhallique;827801 said:
Hey bros, I'm planning to get a 2008 E92 335...Could I get some info from you bros out there on the maintenance cost or any usual problem with this machine?

was reading some posts here bout the hpfp problems with the 335...hope you guys could enlighten me as I'm new to continental, before this was all jap cars...

Thanks in advance!

Welcome bro to BMWCM do enjoy ur stay in here...
Please do self intro at the newbei section...:top:

hackerwayne;828264 said:
335i HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pumps) are known to be problematic.

It's problematic in US as the gas there has ethanol content. Anyway, as a forummer said before, the fuel pump is not that expensive, around 1k+.

There's a good full spec E92 for sale in the forum.

Sent from Tapatalk

Have mine for less than a month and sent in 3 times total and one more time next Monday. Probably it's just the dealer's panel workshop not being experienced enough.
Main problem was the brakes, had it changed but still giving me ABS error, Start assistant inactive, DBC error, think all related to the brakes.
*fingers crossed* Hopefully next week all error codes will be gone.

Other than that, the car runs great, I had the Skyline 350GT but this Twin Turbo is funnnn.

denzy87;828527 said:
Have mine for less than a month and sent in 3 times total and one more time next Monday. Probably it's just the dealer's panel workshop not being experienced enough.
Main problem was the brakes, had it changed but still giving me ABS error, Start assistant inactive, DBC error, think all related to the brakes.

Other than that, the car runs great, I had the Skyline 350GT but this Twin Turbo is funnnn.
Can you ask your mechanic to check the ABS pump? It is quite common for the E92 335 to have the ABS pump error. I got 3 friends who changed their ABS pump already.

denzy87;828527 said:

if you're under opal warranty, try pay a visit to K&S Auto, Kelana Jaya..they're the expert in ABS n those sorts with most of our 335i members send their ride there...even if you're not under opal, probably it's also worth getting a 2nd opinion there :)

cool car the Skyline 350GT, how does it fare against the twin turbo 335i? high revving N/A 311hp, 358Nm vs 302hp, 400Nm turbocharged? try tuning the 335i for close to 400hp, 500Nm

Thanks all for the suggestion, I've just sent in to the workshop yesterday and still waiting for their scan results, I will inform them about the ABS pump tomorrow morning and hopefully they get it done soon. The dealer have only given me 3 months warranty and this issue has been going on for the whole month, and I have barely drove the car. God knows what will happen in the future, lol.

And about the 350GT, not sure how would I put it, they are about the same on paper but the 335i definitely feels faster, could be due to the gearbox? The 350GT shifts slower when I floored it. And I have actually yet to drive the 335i up to what it is built for. *cough*

When all the fault code has been clear, I will have the Cobb delivered to me. First step. ;)

which year is your car bro? if end 2008 or early 2009 comes with DCT, which is a faster gearbox..prior to that is a standard steptronic autobox..not much diff from a 350GT imo..so probably the 335i feels faster because it is in fact faster due to the higher torque and available at lower rpms ;)

btw, excellent choice on Cobb :top: very stable and ability to do self-diagnostics on error codes

would love to get it if not for the price, mind sharing how much was yours?

Bro, it's a 2007 with normal steptronic, the 350GT was 5 speed hence downshift slower? No idea really, lol.

You can always buy the Cobb from Cobb on their website, $895 + $35 shipping. SG quoted me SGD$1600 and one shop in Sabah quoted me RM3600. So thought why not just buy from Cobb? lol.

I'm impressed with what you've done with your car, can't wait to slowly add stuff on it, just need to get the car fixed first. Workshop told me the car need a new ABS module chip or something, said RM8000+? I think the price is BS, (because they told me the brake pads cost thousands) but as long as the dealer is paying and I am getting it back FIXED.

thanks for sharing the cobb's price bro, don't forget to add another 30% for the tax..and yea sadly most dealers are selling JB4, Procede etc. overpriced here..i think the most expensive ABS part is the pump (a few thousand ringgit), not sure the module chip cost as much..anyway better get the major parts fixed and checked, and ensure it's not a temporary fix..worry after the warranty expires, then the real culprit is revealed and u have to pay from ur own pocket money to fix it :s

btw here's a video of how our modded 335i fare against other supercars out there

[video=youtube;XgeDy5eq7xA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgeDy5eq7xA[/video]

happy modding n enjoy ur ride!

Wah Silverbullet,didn't realize the amount of work that has gone on to your car.. awesome bro.

supergripen;831400 said:
Wah Silverbullet,didn't realize the amount of work that has gone on to your car.. awesome bro.

pelan pelan kayuh capt :) hehe and most of it thanks to a good fren of ours, Munchy :4:

SilverBullet;831446 said:
pelan pelan kayuh capt :) hehe and most of it thanks to a good fren of ours, Munchy :4:

Ahhh so desu nehhh.. How are the mods working out?

Anyways,I'm contemplating an upgrade to 19s..looking at the BBS CHR.Just love how understatedly awesome Bad's 335 looks on them.Exactly what I was looking for.Plus I know how hardy they are from Daniel's experience with them.

Finally got the car back, error free this time, hopefully it last longer than last time, lol.
Took them one week, few days to replace the "chip" and few days for coding.
Not sure what "chip" was it, they weren't sure either, lol. Weird.

Bros & Sis,

Found 1 2009 E92 335 MSport for bout RM230k. Specs:-

- BMW Approved Car
- 19" M Double Spoke 313 Alloys
- DCT with sport mode
- BMW Professional loudspeaker upgraded hi fi
- LED 'halo' sidelights
- etc and many more

What do you guys think bout it? :106:

Very reasonable price 4 an 09 with dct,
Go for it bro, u wont regret.

U won't regret and look back on E92 335.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

thanks bros...

I've already put a deposit on the car...hope everything goes smoothly and get the car, this is the 3rd one though...as in first 2 E92s was sold before I got to confirm even only after seeing it for 1 day :40:

Top Bottom