Thinking of replacing the original stereo on my car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

v_ice

Club Guest
Hi bros,Is there any suitable replacement for an e46 to fit? I am looking for a dvd or radio mp3 unit with usb accessibility. :wink:

Got my ice (alpine mp3+usb+kicker) at Quicksave (01220208) usj. Good workmanship. No scratch marks olso.

GL audio nearby only in usj is olso ok.

mosquitoman;408702 said:
Got my ice (alpine mp3+usb+kicker) at Quicksave (01220208) usj. Good workmanship. No scratch marks olso.

I recommend this place. Me and few of my friends regular here. Good service and quality

mosquitoman;408702 said:

You mean you replaced the stock head unit? Did the shop have the required "adapter" faceplate to modify for the installation?

err more specific info on location on Quicksave and GL Audio would be helpful.

USJ manyak besar wor.

vinode;411778 said:
You mean you replaced the stock head unit? Did the shop have the required "adapter" faceplate to modify for the installation?

The so-called adapter is either a cheap hi-low converter or some high end processors. The BMW requires such devices in order to upgrade the system (adding amplifiers especially). Some of the high end processors are the JL Audio Clean Sweep, Rockford Fosgate 360 and Alpine H701.

nicholaslkh;423325 said:
The so-called adapter is either a cheap hi-low converter or some high end processors. The BMW requires such devices in order to upgrade the system (adding amplifiers especially). Some of the high end processors are the JL Audio Clean Sweep, Rockford Fosgate 360 and Alpine H701.

I think what he meant was the faceplate adaptor. Aftermarket units are smaller than the standard BMW unit, so need the faceplate to cover the 'hole' when installing the new player.

I saw the single DIN faceplate being advertised at Brother's so I guess you can always but that and bring along! No idea where to get 2 DIN faceplate though.

You shall need a new faceplate with bracket to replace to aftermarket HU.
Go for this, Scosche -US they are one of the best OEM replacement kit.
Its roughly about RM250- RM350 from local distributor.
If you need I can get it for you.
Cheers

Hi guys, i am just thinking of changing my head unit also. But just wonder how to adjust the clock and others without the HU. My is with the 4.3 monitor with tv. Not working properly.

hye guy.. i nak tanya, baru2 ni i tukar player alpine dan masaalahnya soket antena asal tidak dapat dipasang pada player baru kerana ianya lebih kecil.. so skrg i guna antena asing tp not so clear. anybody have a suggestion??

Top Bottom