The bestest tires!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
erica34;194951 said:
was considering between michelin pilot preceda and dunlop direzza... after reading reviews on this forum, went with the latter... surprisingly silent and comfortable... and a bargain compared to the michelins... money saved went towards koni sport adjustables... thanks 535i...

I use Direzza 235/35/19 and its true that its quiet when new but after 5000 miles it starts to get noisy now after 10k its quite loud i can hear it over my engine noise at high speeds!

I do agree that direzza is good valuer for money and good preformance too but i think i want to try toyo's T1-r after this just to compare. Nothing beats Pilot sport2's though... maybe p-zero or sport contact2 but these are for supercars.

Anybody got comments on the toyo T1-R's?

MRsamdol;195067 said:
I use Direzza 235/35/19 and its true that its quiet when new but after 5000 miles it starts to get noisy now after 10k its quite loud i can hear it over my engine noise at high speeds!

I do agree that direzza is good valuer for money and good preformance too but i think i want to try toyo's T1-r after this just to compare. Nothing beats Pilot sport2's though... maybe p-zero or sport contact2 but these are for supercars.

did u swap/cross ur tires ?

I had that noise too - but after swapping - disappear ...

535i;195068 said:
did u swap/cross ur tires ?

I had that noise too - but after swapping - disappear ...

I did but the the tyre noise was still there trust me it will come back (the noise) i do rotation every 7500 miles... maybe i am being picky cause i am used to yoko's and michelin's but i do like the direzza's tyre wear is good not soft like others.

Another buddy with staggered setup couldn't stand the noise of the direzza's and changed to toyo's T1-r maybe i wait a while and see his comments on it then only change.

Dunlop tires are generally noisier than say Contis or Michelins.

My sportmaxx is noisy now as well...the Hankook K104 was quiet to the very last bit. I would choose the Hankook over the Sportmaxx anytime.

MRsamdol;195067 said:

Eh dude,

You sure it's not your HardGay ekjoz overpowering everything else, aah ? :p

I'm on T1Rs now - I've posted my comments on the previous page. We get a very good deal on them from Wong at Era ... prices are much higher elsewhere in JB. Next one the shopping list are either the German made F1-GSD3s or the Dunlops from SG as prices are similar to what I paid for my T1Rs.

Regards,
VaN.

hi Van;

any idea on the price of 205/55/15 T1R? this is a non-popular size.

so, where is this place you mentioned with good prices?

thanks

Rich,

That wud be Eramaju ... our usual joint at Taman Desa Jaya. We can check out the price for your size and text you back later. I doubt the T1R is available in that size but let me check to be really sure. Later .... !!!

Cheers,
VaN.

Vanquish;195238 said:
Eh dude,

You sure it's not your HardGay ekjoz overpowering everything else, aah ? :p

I'm on T1Rs now - I've posted my comments on the previous page. We get a very good deal on them from Wong at Era ... prices are much higher elsewhere in JB. Next one the shopping list are either the German made F1-GSD3s or the Dunlops from SG as prices are similar to what I paid for my T1Rs.

Regards,
VaN.

Thats right even with my "hardGay" i can still hear the tyre noise.. :p

I will try compare with KL and JB see which cheaper hopefully in JB cheaper save some ringgits.

ALBundy;195081 said:
Dunlop tires are generally noisier than say Contis or Michelins.

My sportmaxx is noisy now as well...the Hankook K104 was quiet to the very last bit. I would choose the Hankook over the Sportmaxx anytime.

K104 still in the market? Thought it was replaced by V8 RS or RS2 somesort..i maybe wrong....

Yeap, it still in the market, The RS2 is the top of the range from Hankook (RM280 vs RM320 for 215/45/17).
Used the 104 before switching to RS2

Vanquish;195273 said:
Rich,

That wud be Eramaju ... our usual joint at Taman Desa Jaya. We can check out the price for your size and text you back later. I doubt the T1R is available in that size but let me check to be really sure. Later .... !!!

Cheers,
VaN.

thanks van;

i have been using kumho ecsta 711 for nearly 2 years. cheap and good tires and have now covered nearly 60,000 km. threads are still good. i'm still running them. the sidewall is a bit soft but dry traction is pretty good. costs only $90 a tire for 205/55/15.

kumho is the most durable tires i have used, more durable than t1s. i don't mind using them again. anyone has similar experience on this?

selespeed;195344 said:
thanks van;

i have been using kumho ecsta 711 for nearly 2 years. cheap and good tires and have now covered nearly 60,000 km. threads are still good. i'm still running them. the sidewall is a bit soft but dry traction is pretty good. costs only $90 a tire for 205/55/15.

kumho is the most durable tires i have used, more durable than t1s. i don't mind using them again. anyone has similar experience on this?

Ditto. Same here. Using it for my E30

I'm on Jap Goodyear RevSpec RS-02 235/45/17, so far so good. cost me RM300+ each

Guys, on reviewing this thread, i realise some of the prices i have been quoted ( and purchased) are OTT.
Was looking for 225 40 18 and 265 35 18
This is what i was quoted

1050( or 1100) n 1300 PS2
650 n 950 T1R
1000+ n 1250 SE-03
650 n 780 V8RS

Looking for comfort, quiet, good in wet, good braking and highspeed highway cruising tires.Dont mind softish tires.
Can anyone recommend any shops with good service and reasonable prices?in and around KL city /Ampang?
Thanks

I'm currently using Michelin Preceda II 225/45/17 (Made in Thailand). Very quiet tyre with good grip in both dry & wet condition. Can't tell the wear rate yet as I've only used it for 6mths plus. So far, very happy with it.

Got the whole set for around RM1,600.

chairoger;195350 said:
Ditto. Same here. Using it for my E30

Where to get? How much....cannot believe Selespeed's claim on this $90 unless u talk abt USD90!

Jules;199191 said:
Where to get? How much....cannot believe Selespeed's claim on this $90 unless u talk abt USD90!

Mine's free....keke I just agreed with him regarding the tyres performance....you better ask him yourself about the pricing

Jules;199191 said:

He may have been speaking in SGD term....

Goodyear Eagle F1 from anywhere in Klang... High chance they're made in Thailand, but still good, and they still perform well in wet conditions.

shuksE90;199235 said:
Goodyear Eagle F1 from anywhere in Klang... High chance they're made in Thailand, but still good, and they still perform well in wet conditions.

Same as SG....no more German made since 2 years ago....unless its the last 3 years unsold stock.

Top Bottom