Teflon Coating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
one question :-

IF paint work got scratched, need to polish it off, how? send back to paint n shield? or can i just polish it with other product? eg Meguiar's Scratch X?

Originally posted by Spaceman@Jun 29 2006, 12:12 AM
one question :-

IF paint work got scratched, need to polish it off, how? send back to paint n shield? or can i just polish it with other product? eg Meguiar's Scratch X?
There's two scenarios here.

1) Light scratch. You can either use your paint renovator or polish to get rid of it. Then you send for teflon touch up FOC.
or
you can ask the guy to do it for you with no extra charge.

2) Deep scratch. You need to repaint the affected area first (chargeable)then send for teflon touch up (FOC is the affected area is small)

Off topic a bit....
Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed regularly. And for the same reasons.

Love above signature, very true... :)

Originally posted by Chauffeur@Jul 2 2006, 01:05 PM
Off topic a bit....
Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed regularly. And for the same reasons.

Love above signature, very true... :)
Just one off topic reply OK. Sorry Mr Moderator.

Bro, there's something about them also.

Remember this,

"Politicians can fool most of the people most of the time BUT,
not all the people all the time"

You know who they are. :D :D

Dear All,

I send my car for a similiar coating - amazing glaze paint protector. It is a fluoro-polymer based paint sealer which protect against acid rain, sun's ultra violet rays, color fading, ionization and fallout, car wash swirl marks, bird acid. It gives u showroom shine, a 7 mirror image, easy washing and no polising. The cost is also reasonable. Th shop is in Subang USJ 1. This technology is approved by Boeing & Airbus.

The car is easy to clean for sure and it is shining. But, u are recommend to clean the car once every 2-3 days to prevent dirt/dust build up. They will give u a cloth that u must used to clean the car. U only hose the car and then wipe dry.

I just received my car from the teflon treatment. Very pleased with the result. Better than showroom condition, 10 times better than brand new CKD car. It came with a 2-year warranty period. I paid RM780 which I guess quite reasonable considering the size of my UDM. However it came with a few recommendations and pantang larang.

1) Do not wash the car for the next 48 hours after the treatment even if it becomes dirty as the PPS sealant takes approximately 48 hours to dry. During this period the colour of the paint will continue to grow deeper, wetter and shinier.

2) Never wax your car again and never wash with "wash and wax" car wash soap as the wax so applied to your car will attract dirts and make washing more difficult. Wash with any good quality car wash soap or better still with their PH Balance wash soap (available at RM50 each) which will not harm the PPS sealant.

3) Visit them every 6 months to have a PPS clean (RM72 per visit) to get rid of the detergents and road film that have been deposited on the PPS treated surface which could not be washed off by normal washings, hence, reducing the PPS shine.

4) Wash off any bird droppings abd tree sap on your car on the earliest possible opportunity (but not exeeding 24 hours) to prevent permanent damange to the car paint. The best way of getting rid of it is by softening the bird dropping wuth the placement of the sponge or cloth with plenty of water over it and then hose it off. Never try to remove it when it is dry (to avoid scratching)

5) Always wash the car as soon as possible after it has been into the rain as otherwise the acid from the rain will form water marks on the car when it dries up after which they will be difficult to remove.

6) Do not wash the car under hot sun as by doing so will create water marks on the car. Rinse the car to dislodge grits and soften dirts before washing with soap to avoid scratching the paint. Always use good quality wash mitt and soft cotton drying towel (dampened before use) and start all washing procedures from top to bottom of the car (common sense).

7) Not to park the car under a tree in order to avoid bird droppings, tree saps, dirts washing down the car from the tree and the danger of lightning strike when it is raining. Hot sun is now much less damaging (after PPS treatment) than exposing the car to the above perils.

you must have been blinded by the shine of your car they brought out to give them a 10 stars rating. The advice they gave for taking care of your car is really good and I did not come across other detailer as professional as they are. Usually, most of them will just collect their money without giving you any good advice (unless you askd) and hope that you quickly rundown the paint and go back again for a re-furbishment as fast as possible so that they will make your money again lah !

Anyone else tried this recently?

Would like to hear from a few more who have tried it before sending in my ride.

Cheers
Chief

anyways.. just wondering.. if the teflon coating is so super slippery, and "non-sticky", why do they give you advice like :

(Always wash the car as soon as possible after it has been into the rain as otherwise the acid from the rain will form water marks on the car when it dries up after which they will be difficult to remove.)

i mean, i use "regular old fashioned wax", but 3 days of rain water marks, I can just wipe it off with a damp microfibre cloth, with no marks at all...?

sorry guys, just wondering thats all, because i have thought of exploring this PPS technology as well..

I was curious too by 1 + 2 = 3 so I have checked with Shine N Shield and it seems that it only affects some of the solid black colour car especially those who has not washed their car for many days after the rains due to the very high pollutants in our rain. I have checked the Dupont website on teflon as well and it says that very few solid substances will permanently adhere to a teflon coated surface although tacky materials may show some adhesion, almost all substances release easily. The most important purpose is that it protects the lacquer and paint against harmful elements and thus prevent oxidation and maintain the shine.

hahah.. i currently wash my car about 3-4 times a week as it is. I was thinking that by getting the teflon coating, life gets a little easier, especially when it comes to washing. I suppose the part that makes life easier is, waxing the car will no longer be an issue as long as the teflon layer is in good condition i suppose.

1+2=3 said:
hahah.. i currently wash my car about 3-4 times a week as it is. I was thinking that by getting the teflon coating, life gets a little easier, especially when it comes to washing. I suppose the part that makes life easier is, waxing the car will no longer be an issue as long as the teflon layer is in good condition i suppose.

Better to wash yr car frequently on yr own using good car shampoo especially for dark coloured car. teflon coating is good for protecting against stone chip.

I understand that nothing will prevent against stone chip. PPS is only abrasion proof. The main purpose of PPS I was told is to protect your clear coat and paint against UV rays and other harmful pollutants. So, if the clear coat and paint do not deteriorate the shine is maintained. No doubt regular washing will get rid of the dirts but at the sametime removing the wax as well. When there is no more wax on your car, your paint is not protected against the UV rays and pollutants. PPS is the most durable of all the known protectants. I have known, tested and still protecting my car paint after almost 2 years !

Just got mine done on the 28th Dec at Shine N Shield. I'm quite pleased with the results even though my car is black. Now I need to be very careful not to park under trees and always have to look out for bird droppings. Also I'm not supposed to use those 'Wash and wax' shampoos. Apparently, such car shampoo will attract dirt and make washing difficult.

Top Bottom