Ceramic Coating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I own an E90 & F10. And i'm a car detailing freak. Just to share my thoughts..

E90 (naked paint & no coating) : most of the time at outdoor with 1-2 weeks one time car wash, suffer from severe watermarks

F10 (Ceramic Pro coating for 2 years) : Car wash by myself minimum 1 time weekly and mostly shaded parking. Sometimes, twice a week depends on how dirty is the car. Working well for me at least for the past 2 years

My bro in law (F30) : No coating applied, once a week car wash but parked mostly outdoor. Watermarks happened.

Observation : The chances of getting watermarks have nothing to do with coating and it's not meant for watermark prevention. It's very much dependant on how the owner takes care of the car. Once a week car wash might not sufficient as it varies according to how dusty/ dirty is the environment where you car was park. If it's shaded all the time & clean environment, once a week car wash is good to go..

*P/s: sory for the low resolution image, was taken at night

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-10-17 at 11.42.44 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-10-17 at 11.42.44 PM.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 23
I had my car coated with G-Technique Platinum (most expensive) and it doesn't prevent watermarks as well. Coating also doesn't protect against bird shit :) I have to send back once in a blue moon for free maintenance to get those watermark removed.

Ricky Lew said:
I own an E90 & F10. And i'm a car detailing freak. Just to share my thoughts..

E90 (naked paint & no coating) : most of the time at outdoor with 1-2 weeks one time car wash, suffer from severe watermarks

F10 (Ceramic Pro coating for 2 years) : Car wash by myself minimum 1 time weekly and mostly shaded parking. Sometimes, twice a week depends on how dirty is the car. Working well for me at least for the past 2 years

My bro in law (F30) : No coating applied, once a week car wash but parked mostly outdoor. Watermarks happened.

Observation : The chances of getting watermarks have nothing to do with coating and it's not meant for watermark prevention. It's very much dependant on how the owner takes care of the car. Once a week car wash might not sufficient as it varies according to how dusty/ dirty is the environment where you car was park. If it's shaded all the time & clean environment, once a week car wash is good to go..

*P/s: sory for the low resolution image, was taken at night
Totally agree. I re-quote Ricky : It's very much dependant on how the owner takes care of the car. it varies according to how dusty/ dirty is the environment where you car was park. If it's shaded all the time & clean environment, once a week car wash is good to go. UnQuote.

As for the bird droppings, so far the ceramic pro coating is working well for me. Bird droppings i can leave on the car over 1 or 2 days, bring to car wash, the water jet just pushes it away.

Top Bottom