Suitable CD/MP3 head unit for BMW dashboard

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ktteoh

Club Guest
i still have the original blaupunkt verona (with card protection) on mine. could someone suggest me head units that have amber lighting similar to bmw dashboard - prefer sedate looking display not disco light style and preferably blaupunkt because their radio tuner is great.

Originally posted by ktteoh@Feb 20 2005, 03:19 PM
i still have the original blaupunkt verona (with card protection) on mine. could someone suggest me head units that have amber lighting similar to bmw dashboard - prefer sedate looking display not disco light style and preferably blaupunkt because their radio tuner is great.
I'm on my standard Blaupunkt too and was also looking for a replacement unit with your criteria. Check out the Nakamichi range. I think it fits your description nicely! A little costly though.

I changed mine to Blaupunkt Denver - I like them coz it's a single disc player so I don't need to load the CD from the boot. Comes with optional steering mounted remote control.

If you want the amber light setting then try the older Alpine 9813, which Calvin Tan just sold. IMO, this alpine will kick any blaupunkt's ass anyday anytime. My brother is using the Blaupunkt while I am on alpine and we both concluded the Alpine is much better. :yes:

Originally posted by ktteoh@Feb 20 2005, 03:19 PM
Which is one reason why I did not transfer my Kenwood CD changer/MP3 player from my jalopy to my babe. That HU is silver coloured and the display can be considered garish. The colour schemes wud clash and the HU will be screaming out to the low-downs... steal me, steal me, steal me. Need to get something less "garish". :ph34r:

Naka's wud fit the overall dash illumination of the 3er/5er. The CD 400, 500 and MB 75 / MB 100 are top quality stuff ... the CD 700 MK II flagship model is the one to get if you are not limited by your budget and want a top flight "true deck". They all cost a wee bit more than the rest but their SQ will leave the rest behind. The older Blau models are not too bad either ... I am not a fan of the new range simply becos Blau has started becoming very mainstream with their designs and the QC is also somewhat questionable.

VaN.

Ahhhh, the Nakas... too bad for their high prices... a bit off my budget.

Originally posted by flash@Feb 21 2005, 12:26 PM
Ahhhh, the Nakas... too bad for their high prices... a bit off my budget.

Every now and then, a few used but still good cond. units will find their way into the market. If you're keen, I can keep an eye out for you. I am already doing so for one clown ho's been asking me to sell my MB100 cheap cheap to him.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Feb 21 2005, 09:16 AM
If you want the amber light setting then try the older Alpine 9813, which Calvin Tan just sold. IMO, this alpine will kick any blaupunkt's ass anyday anytime. My brother is using the Blaupunkt while I am on alpine and we both concluded the Alpine is much better. :yes:
Bro, ain't the Alpine 9813 green? Can it be switched to amber like the older Sony sets?

Bimmer,

I think it can. It has the Alpine Dual-Illumination feature from what I recall.

Naza
A new CD400 from Naka is going for less than RM 1.5K. I know there's someone in the IASCA Forum who's looking to sell his off. MB 75 and MB 100 ... quite hard to get new ones but used ones are going for about RM 1K for MB 75 and RM 1.3 plus for the MB 100 ... IF YOU CAN FIND ONE !!!

Flash-san,
Mine is not for sale, de !!! Unless I wake up one morning and decide to splurge on the beautiful CD 700 MKII. But, promise to keep an eye out for you .... Keep your fingers crossed !!!

Cheers.

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 21 2005, 02:43 PM
Bimmer,

Naza
A new CD400 from Naka is going for less than RM 1.5K. I know there's someone in the IASCA Forum who's looking to sell his off. MB 75 and MB 100 ... quite hard to get new ones but used ones are going for about RM 1K for MB 75 and RM 1.3 plus for the MB 100 ... IF YOU CAN FIND ONE !!!

Flash-san,
Mine is not for sale, de !!! Unless I wake up one morning and decide to splurge on the beautiful CD 700 MKII. But, promise to keep an eye out for you .... Keep your fingers crossed !!!

Cheers.
Thanks bro...

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 21 2005, 01:43 AM
Bimmer,

Naza

Flash-san,

Cheers.
anybody wanna buy mine? panasonic touch screen. face turns black when off?? very nice piece :yes: or to trade?

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 21 2005, 02:43 PM
Flash-san,
Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade...

That's the famous Piano Finish, slinky looking top end Panasonic HU, rite Bro ? Why sell aah ? Upgrading ka ???

VaN.

Top Bottom