Suitable car cover for bmw? cats party on my car all nite long!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Abu Khalid

Club Guest
Hi guys, any suggestions on where to buy a suitable car cover for our UDM? My wife is a cat lover, i on the other hand am not too fond of them,since they piss and scrath my bike and cars.Recently purchased a brand new BMW and spent alot of money for the body coating, woke up to see my cat all over the car, heck he is probably on it rite now as i type this, i need to protect my bad investment.And no getting rid of it is not an option, as i am very fond of my wife to make her upset haha. BMW sells their car cover at an astronomical price, so that is not an option either. Regards

I've got mine from ACE, it does the job from heat, but its not really water proof. And its soft cloth material than the plastic ones. Cost about RM90

A good practice is to put the cloth material cover below the plastic cover to prevent the plastic from sticking on your paint & double protection against cats paw or chicken feet lol

I got mine from CoverKing, grey triguard material, USD70 only + shipping. They custom fit to the shape of your car

kolamp;834577 said:
A good practice is to put the cloth material cover below the plastic cover to prevent the plastic from sticking on your paint & double protection against cats paw or chicken feet lol

Thanks for the info, happened to my bike once the plastic cover stuck to my paint and made it flake. Thus the reason for this thread.

shaifulo;834585 said:
I got mine from CoverKing, grey triguard material, USD70 only + shipping. They custom fit to the shape of your car

How long did it take them to deliver? this sounds promising!

Get a pet irritant spray from pet shop

Spray on an old cloths hang around the or near the car
We use to have cats coming on our convertables z4

Car cover need to be use with great care

After prolong usage and drag I will have more scuffles aka micro marring a on your paint

Worst still when it leaks and water get trapped in between of it

Ta da !!!! Water bakes marks, which its hard to removes and quite impossible to removes

Abu Khalid;834560 said:
Hi guys, any suggestions on where to buy a suitable car cover for our UDM?
My wife is a cat lover, i on the other hand am not too fond of them,since they piss and scrath my bike and cars.
Recently purchased a brand new BMW and spent alot of money for the body coating, woke up to see my cat all over the car, heck he is probably on it rite now as i type this, i need to protect my bad investment.And no getting rid of it is not an option, as i am very fond of my wife to make her upset haha. BMW sells their car cover at an astronomical price, so that is not an option either. Regards

I got mine from AB, I think RM 1K plus or so....But mine is for F10 and i dont really use it...PM me as can let go Chip Chip...

kc's;834717 said:
Get a pet irritant spray from pet shop

Spray on an old cloths hang around the or near the car
We use to have cats coming on our convertables z4

Car cover need to be use with great care

After prolong usage and drag I will have more scuffles aka micro marring a on your paint

Worst still when it leaks and water get trapped in between of it

Ta da !!!! Water bakes marks, which its hard to removes and quite impossible to removes

The guru has spoken, where can i get the pet deterrent sprays and how often must i spray the cloth? I expereinced what you have said with my Harley, now the paint looks like crap, so these days i just cover the seats, another problem with the car cover is that the cats like to piss on it!! So what is your professional advice? stay away from covers?

Val101;834719 said:
I got mine from AB, I think RM 1K plus or so....But mine is for F10 and i dont really use it...PM me as can let go Chip Chip...
Waaaaa.....me no money to buy car cover so expensive, how come you don't use it? lazy to put it on each nite rite? Hahaha

Abu Khalid;834852 said:
Waaaaa.....me no money to buy car cover so expensive, how come you don't use it? lazy to put it on each nite rite? Hahaha

Last time the Empty Land Next to my House was Sold and they stated Construction...so my Cars are covered with dust everyday apart from Sundays(No construction work going on)...that was when I got it...but now construction is completed. So am not using it, not that am Lazy :D I don't get Lazy when it comes to anything that has to do with my Car :top:

Top Bottom