Some strange "connection" between the aircon and power window switches on door panel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mick123

Club Guest
recently facing this strange phenomenons where the aircon will blow faster when i wind up or wind down the window. yesterday, the aircon stopped blowing and then started again when i played with the power window switches on the driver's side door panel. but all these incidents are intermittent. by the way, i still got the heating coil bypassed for checking on possible coolant leak at the coil.

I encounter situations whereby the blower speed increases for a couple of seconds when the window is almost finished winding up, at least on the driver's side, and when the car is idle. Couldn't pay attention to this while driving.

yeap that's exactly the case especially during idling. good to hear i'm not the only with this strange connection ;)

Not sure if that's something "good to hear" or something we should celebrate but I'm kind of living with it. I changed the "power down sequence" to the following, to mitigate the problem:

1. switch off the fan blower
2. wind up windows
3. turn ignition key to 0

:4:

Alex5522;788195 said:
Would it be the battery weaken..

But the alternator is still "charging" the battery and output should be around 13.7V when the car engine is running am I right?
If battery voltage is the cause, then probably aged electrical wiring system could contribute to causing this too.

it's quite a common phenomenon and no issues at all..I used to play play when the power window is up fully, I'll press the button to hear the aircond go whoosh whossh...maybe they are connected in the same circuit power line.

should not be the battery coz happened on my old dying battery and also now on a brand new battery. it feels weird when things like this happens but not on the other car makesthat i drove before.

Top Bottom