Some members are unable to see parts of the forum

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mavik

While coordinating the Renault Track Day event, there are cases where some club guests are unable to view some parts of the forum. Just want to check whether if other folks are also facing this issue?

Here is a view of what I can see when I go to the forum landing page.

forum1.JPG

forum2.JPG

forum3.JPG

forum4.JPG

forum5.JPG

forum6.JPG

forum7.JPG

forum8.JPG

Official Members and Club Guest have different viewing capabilities.

One of the inaccessible sub-forums to the CG's are the Exclusive Lounge. Not sure what else are not accessible by them.

haywire said:
Official Members and Club Guest have different viewing capabilities.

One of the inaccessible sub-forums to the CG's are the Exclusive Lounge. Not sure what else are not accessible by them.
Of course, but I am checking for the other sections as some members are not able to view the members meet up section as well in the club.

Mavik,

Based on your above report, I have created a few test accounts (Club guest & unregistered guest) and all the test accounts has no problem accessing for example the Member's Meet Up thread. However unregistered guest will be unable to reply on the said thread.

Herbert said:
Mavik,

Based on your above report, I have created a few test accounts (Club guest & unregistered guest) and all the test accounts has no problem accessing for example the Member's Meet Up thread. However unregistered guest will be unable to reply on the said thread.
Herbert,

I tried that method too and have came to the conclusion:

1) Creating a test account means creating a new account from scratch on this new forum version as well as platform. The problem does not come from new accounts. This is a simple process and by no means in any IT environment be complicated nor will it have it's data corrupted unless the fundamental issue of the user profile in itself has problems.

2) The problem exists due to the migration of previous accounts from the old forum platform to the new platform. Data migration is never an easy process and it is during this process where errors or data corruption will occur. Old user accounts means that they have older user profiles tied to the previous forum board, it also has customizations, signatures, avatars, inbox messages and other profiles and data tied to users. Migrating them over to a new platform is not an easy task but I can only logically deduce that during that migration some of the of the accounts were corrupted.
- Data corruption can be due to new fields in the new forum or new profile setups or new security setup

I know that some members lost their inbox messages and saved messages from before and some can view and can't view certain parts of the forum.

Hence the reason why I started this thread with hope that those are having issues may actually compare what they see with what a normal profile would see then perhaps it can be fixed.

Mavik,

Thanks for your info and let us hear from fellow members on what they can view and can't view.

Apart from above, our Admin Tom has informed CM that the new forum software may not fully support IE browsers. Chrome and Firefox browsers seems to have no issues.

Cheers

It would be good if those encountering issues could report in this thread so that we can zoom in specifically on the affected users. Not everyone would have problems so it would be helpful to report in here.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z1 using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom