Snow wash is bad?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Chauffeur

Club Guest
I've been avoiding snow wash for my beemer all this while.. is it true that snow wash is bad for your body paint? Anyone can share their experiences?

Chauffeur said:
I've been avoiding snow wash for my beemer all this while..

is it true that snow wash is bad for your body paint?

Anyone can share their experiences?
i remember reading in one of the site (either autospa or mguire) that snow wash remove wax

Normally, The car wash centre will use the cheapest detergent possible regardless whether it is snow wash or not. The quality of the detergent they use is as good as a hair shampoo, which is very corrosive to the car paint. Slowly it will remove the lacquer and as a result the surface is no longer smooth even though it looks clean. Usually, what I would do is that I will bring my own car shampoo and chamois and use only their labour.

Well actually, let me help clear some of the misconception. A snow wash machine basically pressurizes the car washing detergent and this in turn produces the foam. What's important here is to make certain the right pH-balanced car shampoo is used. You are correct to presume that most car washes uses caustic chemicals to clean as these are able to clean very quickly but it also harms the clear coat. Foam is actually good for washing as it gives the detergent and the application of pressure an extra lift as companred to not having it. This helps in part to reduce the number of swirls.
Of course if this is combined with inferior equipment like sponges and cheap cloths it won't matter much.

HTH! :)

Thats I wash my car myself. Good exercise and save cost too. In long run can do more mods.

initialM said:
Thats I wash my car myself. Good exercise and save cost too. In long run can do more mods.

likewise here.... it also helps to check your exterior paint for extra scratches and dents..

the high pressure jets used are not such a good idea because water can get into the wheel bearings and chassis joints washing away most if not all of the lubricant/grease.

cheers:)

Don't save on small matter such as car wash use better or actual car shampoo coz the cheap shampoo remove wax and polish even the jet spray is bad. For long term use normal water no jet spray on paint and good car shampoo.

I usually pay them RM2 to wash the wheel arch and the top i will just wash them myself.Just think the amount of money spent can get you a good quality wax and shampoo.

Not adviseable to wash car outside..some car wash center use dish washer (green liquid) to wash your car as it is very cheap. That really pain as it strip off the laquer layer fr the body..Per -bottle can get it ard Rm1.00 as they import in bulk from china...furthermore, the cloth or sponge they use to rub your car sometimes drop to the floor, upon pick it up, the small stone & sand are trap on the cloth without been cleaned & continoulsy rubbing your car body..that why you can see lots of car that used send to wash outside got so many swirlllll..especially on those dark color car..

fire said:
Not adviseable to wash car outside..some car wash center use dish washer (green liquid) to wash your car as it is very cheap. That really pain as it strip off the laquer layer fr the body..Per -bottle can get it ard Rm1.00 as they import in bulk from china...furthermore, the cloth or sponge they use to rub your car sometimes drop to the floor, upon pick it up, the small stone & sand are trap on the cloth without been cleaned & continoulsy rubbing your car body..that why you can see lots of car that used send to wash outside got so many swirlllll..especially on those dark color car..
not sure about the cheap china dish washer liquid, but agree about the swirl mark from cloth stick with sands. that is why i always wash myself. also make sure u spray your car with water throughly to get rid of any particles stick on the car body before u wash it so u wont scratch it. (i hand held the cloth and spray it with water to make sure nothing stick on before washing another part of the car, so far so good)

Just send my car to Carnauba Autospa for wash n vacumm n engine clean. Worth RM 35 spent and all t way from jb.

Since my car has been sealed with teflon, I use the detergent that is mild in nature, recommended by the ShineNShield. It is not difficult to get rid of the dirt even without using detergent.

Top Bottom