Skipping during CD playback

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

1+2=3

Club Guest
Hi guys, i seem to have a rather silly question here.when i got my car, it came with a super duper cheap HU. probably dumped there by the previous owner when he removed his own HU. The biggest problem is, it is very prone to skipping. Usually those small depressions or bumps in the road.FYI, my car is lowered with bilstein springs, and bilstein yellow.i thought its just a problem with the bad quality HU.. so i swapped it with an alpine 9813 from my other car, and its still skipping occasionally.. anyone else have this problem? My other car is also lowered, and has harder suspension than my bimmer, but it doesnt skip. The difference is, the HU is mounted very low near the floor, in the bimmers case as you guys know, its near the top under the aircond vents.comments?

I also experience the same problem now. Like your case everytime I hit a bump the sound disappears. When I hit another bump it came back on again. Strangely, only the left speaker has no sound. The right speaker is normal.

1+2=3,
Skipping can be due to a number of issues - usually the culprit could be poor instalation of the HU or faulty tracking mechanism on the HU itself. It's best that you get it checked at your usual audio shop. I know a few E36 users who are all on lowered suspension and most of us don't have this problem. Even with my previous 18 inch BBS / Bilstein / Eibach set-up, my HU has never skipped for as long as I've been using it.

Fahrer,
Your problem sounds more like a loose wiring or connection. Can't possibly be a skipping CD player/signal when you can still hear the right channel when the left is gone. My guess is that it could be a wiring issue or a faulty connection from your HU or amp.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Vanquish@Jul 13 2006, 07:46 PM
1+2=3,
Skipping can be due to a number of issues - usually the culprit could be poor instalation of the HU or faulty tracking mechanism on the HU itself. It's best that you get it checked at your usual audio shop. I know a few E36 users who are all on lowered suspension and most of us don't have this problem. Even with my previous 18 inch BBS / Bilstein / Eibach set-up, my HU has never skipped for as long as I've been using it.

Fahrer,
Your problem sounds more like a loose wiring or connection. Can't possibly be a skipping CD player/signal when you can still hear the right channel when the left is gone. My guess is that it could be a wiring issue or a faulty connection from your HU or amp.

Cheers,
hi vanquish,

my HU is working fine as i know it, so it could probably be installation.

anyways.. thanks for the comments. cheers

Top Bottom