Should i keep or sell?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BimmerNewbie

Club Guest
Hey everyone. I'm very new here and a complete noob at knowing about all there is to know with these cars.So i signed up to get more knowledge from the experts here. So my story is i own an e46 325i given to me by my dad.He had been using it for a few years before giving it to me.The car is around 2003-04 i think.I've been using it for almost two years now and its been great but the thing is u can tell the car is wearing out.there are a number of bumps and scratches including one big dent on the lower right bumper.Under the hood everything should be fine as the car had been going for routine check ups.The interior is also getting worse as some of the stuff are peeling off. Now i asked my dad if i could touch up the car a bit.oh say a paintjob and a bodykit.And if im lucky refurbish the interior.But he said he'll have to see the quotation on all of these before deciding because he says if its gonna cost a lot he might as well sell the car and get me a new car so as to cause less problems in the future he even said maybe even an E90! I'd like to know if u guys can help me with deciding which path to take here because im so confused now.Firstly, As im thinking that i probably will be leaving to further my studies overseas soon for at least 5 years,maybe just touching up the current car would be fine.So,how much would a new M3 bodykit,a custom paintjob,and interior work (mainly around the radio and gear) cost respectively?(rough estimations)Secondly, And if not,maybe getting a new car would be good too as my sisters can use it while im gone.So whats the price range that i can use to sell this car?I actually have loads of questions to ask but it'll be in due time.For now,thanks in advance for any help given!:top:

Yeah man. I agree totally. Sell and get the E90 M3 4-door at only RM713k. I think the 325 is way too slow, can't even hit 300 km/h!

Buy a M3. When you go oversea, pass it to me. I promise to take good care of it.

Honestly, if you are not going to use the car coz going oversea, make as well save the money and buy new car in oversea.

Come back after 5 year, can buy new car

You guys nakal-lah.

My heart says yeah, sell and get an eq E90 for 300K.

But my head says, don't sell it now. Use it till you go for further studies. Most likely, your dad will sell it when you are away. In any case, the second hand car market has gone thru the floor. I just sold my Honda Accord at 50% of the price I bought it 4 years ago.

In any case, if you buy the E90 now, someone else will be using it while you are away and when you come home it will be old by them.

Save the money, sell the car when you go and with the money (and somemore from your dad) buy a car when you are there. Make that deal with your dad.

Anyway, when are you expecting to go? Kalau lama lagi, do some minor refurbishing a good valleting for RM400 will liven up the interior.

as u mentioned d underhood still in gud condition .....

i think bodykit and paint job will cost u 10k d most ......so i dont understand ur dad said cost too much n rather go for new car ......

of cause its all depend wat u want and ur financial standing ......

dont ask others ....ask urself ....wat u want ....

hahah thanks for some of the "suggestions".around 10k huh? that'd be fine i think.not worried too much about the speed im more for the looks =P.I'm still gonna be here for a while.

Now which shop would be most reliable?I live around the subang area,heard MSpeed is quite good?

I will keep the car and refurbish it.

U can last the new parts more than 3 years, why u need the new car while u know u are ready oversea? U can save a lot..M3? U are not looking for racing car, right? Keep the car.

M3 bodykits cost around 2.3k with just front back bumpers as well as the side skirt...as for some other exterior touch up like black shadow front grill..and side M3 fender grill...with CCFL angel light and a pair of HID...cos around 1.1k...so total is 4.4k...with the paint job done...about 5.2k....and...if u intend to change rims..about 3.5k(17-18 inch)..TOTAL = 8.7k....M3 side mirror abt 1k...so yet again..add up to 9.7k...interior...carbon fiber trim..around 300-500..so around 10k..Cheers..Hope it helps with the quotation rather than my suggestions..
Regards!

thanks a lot ken!really gave me a good idea on how everything should cost respectively.

now where is a good place in subang or somewhere near?

for sraying u can send to Action Motor USJ,price very reasonable. Bodykits and other accs,u can have a look at motorsport division or redzone sunway.

radzuan just said out my thinking..=))
Do bargain the price with them abit...
All the best for your ride..Hope to see it in the 'ShowRoom" soon..
Cheers!

thanks a lot guys.appreciate it.

I was thinking of adding some racing stripes cause i think one colour is just too plain.i like the stripes on the mustang GT a lot especially on the sides.I actually tried it using Need for speed (a playstation game) and it looks good in my opinion.what do u guys think?

Bro, i'm suggest that, you just keep your e46 and buy M3 e92, something like below
monster... he he he... Cabutzzz... :vroam:

BMW_M3_Race_3.jpg

bmw-M3_GTR-DV_08_NY-02.jpg

m3.jpg

BMW_M3_V8engine.jpg

M3 V8 engine
M3engine.jpg

OR go for this, vely nice hot and spicy..... :love: :top:

hamann_V10.jpg

hamann_V10_3.jpg

rear_hamann_v10.jpg

hamann_V10_interior.jpg

V10 engine bay
hamann_V10_enginebay.jpg

sell and buy back using ur student AP when u study there, then buy a free tax car back home. maybe by then u prefer audi or vw or mercedes, we nver know by then ..hmmm 5years rite..anyway ur wish and taste is ur command... nvr waste i always believe. regards tqvm dan

haha no thanks guys.those are way off budget lol.

can someone please PM me the address for action motor?

and would MSpeed be a good substitute for redzone and motorsport division?

BimmerNewbie;402593 said:
haha no thanks guys.those are way off budget lol.

can someone please PM me the address for action motor?

and would MSpeed be a good substitute for redzone and motorsport division?

Yuo got PM

Top Bottom