To change or not to change??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmw7833;571673 said:
I wont change it until the ride like a boat..Cost efficiency..:4:

Some things like brake, suspension & tyre cannot be save unless u drive slowly.
Last time I immediate changed my absober after a fren totalled his E39. Feel lots of difference on new one:top:

initialM;571721 said:
Some things like brake, suspension & tyre cannot be save unless u drive slowly.
Last time I immediate changed my absober after a fren totalled his E39. Feel lots of difference on new one:top:

Nola bro, i replied since Gerald said..
it is still in acceptable condition

initialM,
well said bro. my rear tires b4 changing abs only last for abut 20k km only.
i didnt realize my abs already konged bcos suspension already hard & tires wear so evenly.
now only i feel happy to save alot of money on this 265/35/18

Actually, what are the markings or label on the absorber that tell you it's a M-Sport absorber? I've always been curious to know this.

Salut

I have to say that the suspension is still ok, but I would like to have to change to new simply because I would like to have a like new car feeling. hehe. this intention have to wait for a month

solo;571744 said:
Actually, what are the markings or label on the absorber that tell you it's a M-Sport absorber? I've always been curious to know this.

Salut

I took the seller word for it, have not seen it out from the car yet, will try to take pic tomorrow. The arm instead I have seen with a ///M logo in this car

Gerald 5;571745 said:
I have to say that the suspension is still ok, but I would like to have to change to new simply because I would like to have a like new car feeling. hehe. this intention have to wait for a month

What is your definition of a new car feeling???

M-Sport suspension rides firm and bumpy some people may mistake the abs already kong due to the harshness and the stiffness but it take corners like it's on rails and provide ample damping when taking full passengers without bottoming out ...

What's your current mileage?

Edit: Also do put in your 7 digit VIN number into www.realoem.com and you can get the part numbers :D

84k, as I said, it is not "kong" and I believe you would agree that a new abs will be better than an used one. Since I will be changing all the mounthing and bushes, arm and tie rod, I thought I might as well change the Abs. Will do full service, all oil change and new disc and pad and very importantly the vanos seal. Anyway, decision is now made otherwise. Many thanks to all

Gerald,
after abs + mounting/bushes etc, then don't forget ur power steering,
then only u can feel it.
doesnt mean to racun2 ni. just as wat i've done.
sabar bro, slo2lh.

Well in that case do keep us posted on the ride quality and performance once you finish everything :top:

p/s: i'm on poweflex for the front control arm bushing and it's been great so far ... You might want to investigate that option

Yap, will be there in the workshop tomorrow.
Bro Abuhasan, streeing rack recon is in the list. Tried to get a new one as I remember someone in the forum told me it is a world of different vs the recon, made many calls just to find out that there are no new ones available, just to share, inner power at 2700 in exchange of 200 for bringing in the old rack, Munich- no stock, BA quote 3200, further enquiry leads to the answer that it is only a recon unit from Germany.

Top Bottom