should I buy???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro

Your GF got sister ar? heheheh

Well please try the AB at SG. They also sell pre owned BMW. These are probably the best bet as they provide warranty. As for other Importers, i'm sure some of the members will comment. There are various specs, so take your time in choosing the right car.

Do also try to join the various meet up's. we have TT (teh tarik) sessions or HH (Happy Hour) on fridays.

Cheers!

Dude,

please buy a BMW for the right reason- ie. to appreciate it as a driving machine, and not become yet another poseur who thinks he/she is all that cos there's a roundel on their bonnet...

Originally posted by thinice@Jan 24 2006, 08:54 AM
drken80,

Just to give a perspective. I am running a business so all my expenses are documented in detail.

I bought a recon E46 318 Ci about a yr ago. All in all, I reckon I spent 4K+ a month on the car inc installment, petrol, maintenance, ins, road tax etc.

In comparison, when I drove a Waja (bought new), it was less than 2K.

The main defference is in the instalment, insurance, petrol and tyres. Other maintenance maybe slightly higher as well, but the waja was not cheap to maintain either.

I reckon a six potter would cost even more in terms of maintenance, petrol and road tax.

Hope this help in your calculation.

On the hand, this applies to any 150k+ car out there as well. Just a fact of life that many of us spend more on cars than we should.
waja and bimmer,
for me is simple, you want power you need more fuel, you want comfortable you need to foot out more. I am sure that the pleasure of driving a Bimmer and a waja are big difference , in term of style, status, respect, chicksssss,....etc. yours is CI sammo wor ., lagi cun la.Maybe for Ci is 6 potters that why cost you highly kwar?

I feel was insult once when i drive my frens Perdana to a car jockey near KL (dun wan to say which part) then at my back there is a bimmer E46, the bloody car jokey just walk pass thru me and serve the guy behind who drove bimmer, KNN...... :angry:

Then only i realise becoz he drove bimmer,, my money not money meh? my perdana not car meh?Bimmer only car issit? bugger, serve him and just tot that i'm see thru..... OK la dun wan say liao ...damn bengkak now.....

See the different between what car you drove is huge.Maybe some of you don't mind to be treaten this way , but for me is very sensitive.....
And the best part is I got a frend same aged with me , he working as normal executive earning 2K++ drove e46, that was 2yr back....Must pray hard to stike lottery la ..... :nyehehe:

Drken80, get a e46 328i. Now its pretty cheap, seen some advertised for Rm 115k or less. It GOT DA POWER, IT HAS the LOOKS and sure to get you plenty of hot babes!! Get one with bodykit, 18' rims, AC tail pipe and you wont need to spend much to Z'HNG your car!! :)

Forget the E30, like you have said earlier "DAD's CAR" (not me!)!! :rofl: :rofl: With 4k to spare, you could even get the E60!!! Lagi SHIOK!! :D

So when are you getting your Bimmer?? Or is this just TCSS?? (Talk COck SiNg SonG)?? :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Alvin@Jan 24 2006, 09:07 AM
Bro

Your GF got sister ar? heheheh

Well please try the AB at SG. They also sell pre owned BMW. These are probably the best bet as they provide warranty. As for other Importers, i'm sure some of the members will comment. There are various specs, so take your time in choosing the right car.

Do also try to join the various meet up's. we have TT (teh tarik) sessions or HH (Happy Hour) on fridays.

Cheers!
Hheheh ALvin,

Yup my GF sister, but i think no point le ...bcoz the sister still very young and still studying wor ...sure you wan arr??

Malu la , no bimmer yet , how to makes around with you all guyz.,TT and HH session where? TT maybe i know la ...SS2 BP but HH i dunno where?? Which club?

Me usually at jungle, loft and thai.....but these few month seldom liao.....
save money buy bimmer :yahoo:

AB and sungai besi , mind to show me the route ho to reach there? OK let say i used the way from old klang road turn left go straight can reach to the military airport, then ????

Originally posted by drken80@Jan 24 2006, 09:01 AM
Of cos gf say buy lar. Can ride in Bimmer wor.Keke :D If gf say dun buy,better ride a plotong(more savings),then she should NOT be your gf.She should be your wife! Good stuff bro. :rofl:

If break also,bimmer also must keep by yourself lar. Then find a new one.Life goes on.....

Originally posted by ALBundy@Jan 24 2006, 09:26 AM
Drken80, get a e46 328i. Now its pretty cheap, seen some advertised for Rm 115k or less. It GOT DA POWER, IT HAS the LOOKS and sure to get you plenty of hot babes!! Get one with bodykit, 18' rims, AC tail pipe and you wont need to spend much to Z'HNG your car!! :)

Forget the E30, like you have said earlier "DAD's CAR" (not me!)!! :rofl: :rofl: With 4k to spare, you could even get the E60!!! Lagi SHIOK!! :D

So when are you getting your Bimmer?? Or is this just TCSS?? (Talk COck SiNg SonG)?? :rofl: :rofl:
Bro, You sure boh ?? E46 328 only RM115K arr???
actually I'm planing to have E46 325 only , road tax mahal ler.....
325i i think is the most suitable becoz 323i damn hard to find....

Hhhmmm.... if for me , i will convert it just like the E90 HERTGE edition, with black bonet ,18" rim properly is AC type 4 ,HARTE tail pipe, lowed, and my favourite seccisors door (dunno illegal or legal) but confirm attract ppl,

Attract those who wanna brake my car as well hhahah :D

Hei guys what about mazda 6? the car win alot of award, dunno the pleasure of driving how?

Originally posted by chairoger@Jan 24 2006, 09:41 AM
the best part is my gf say go ahead buy la ... i will support you if you not enuf $$$ heheh :rofl: [/QUOTE said:
Of cos gf say buy lar. Can ride in Bimmer wor.Keke :D If gf say dun buy,better ride a plotong(more savings),then she should NOT be your gf.She should be your wife! Good stuff bro. :rofl:

If break also,bimmer also must keep by yourself lar. Then find a new one.Life goes on.....
Chairoger,

Hhmm correct also hor, this also can test whether she good or not ? but she come out the statement "not $$$ i support" very attractive la .....
consider good wat, Got how many gf say will help , all just want to be pemperd mostly ,and you die your problem janji what i want make sure i got it , not like that meh?

Hhmm brake's up off coz the bimmer is mine ler ....aahahahaha :yahoo:
Got bimmer scared cannot get girl meh hor?? Agree or not ??

Originally posted by Alvin@Jan 24 2006, 08:17 AM
Everyone has so many advice. Installments lar, this lar, that lar. Leave the poor fella alone & let him enjoy life. Instead of advice on which model, you have decide to be his father & you havent even known the fella. Goodness!

drken80.

Since you are considering the Accord also, i think the driving experiences of a BMW is indeed something to look forward too.
Older beemers are old & dated. Yes, some will say classic but that all it is, 'A Classic'. Get an E46, a good example will not give you frustrations or headache. Can whack the car daily plus it's comfortable. The older model will give you this whether you spend an obscene money on it. E46 318 is a slouch so forget that. Get the 325 or 328. its a lovely car to drive. As for maintainance, its really not that far off from the any new cars these days. Take care of it & it will take care of you. If you can work out your budget, try talking to AB as they may still have some old stock left that they are giving discounts on. That will be the best buy if you ask. No worries plus warranty.

Cheers!
ppl ask for advise I'm sure the rest are giving their opinions based on his requirements one of which is the budget issue. For eg, what thinice said is very helpful to a prospective e46 buyer who's looking to not only be able to purchase but also to maintain it as well. If it cannot be maintained then it won't be a joy to drive in the end it will turn out to be a nightmare.

The question of "should I buy?" is yours to make... There are different breeds of people... Some are head thinkers, some are heart thinkers. For 4k a month salary, you'd gotta be a serious heart thinker to go ahead with the commitment.

Nothing wrong, but just good to listen to some of the head thinker's advice... Remember E46's have been depreciating on an average of RM2k a month... So.. your net wealth will be negative with the installments, depreciation, operations, and zhng activities :D

Originally posted by drken80@Jan 24 2006, 09:25 AM
waja and bimmer,

for me is simple, you want power you need more fuel, you want comfortable you need to foot out more. I am sure that the pleasure of driving a Bimmer and a waja are big difference , in term of style, status, respect, chicksssss,....etc. yours is CI sammo wor ., lagi cun la.Maybe for Ci is 6 potters that why cost you highly kwar?

Not saying I regret it at all.

In fact I 'm glad that I stick to a bimmer rather than buying a Merc or Honda. :D

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Jan 24 2006, 10:26 AM
The question of "should I buy?" is yours to make... There are different breeds of people... Some are head thinkers, some are heart thinkers. For 4k a month salary, you'd gotta be a serious heart thinker to go ahead with the commitment.

Nothing wrong, but just good to listen to some of the head thinker's advice... Remember E46's have been depreciating on an average of RM2k a month... So.. your net wealth will be negative with the installments, depreciation, operations, and zhng activities :D
Thanx e46, I rest my aforementioned case, so what really is da question? Is it still "should I buy?" or has it deviated to- "which should I buy? (on 4K a month salary)".

Aiyo! Get the facts right. The fella got a budget of 4k for car. Unlike a lot of people. Its not 4k SALARY! So the question is Which to buy & not whether got property lar, invest lar, save lar.

If u thk can afford it buy buy buy. No need to think of others me included. Do what makes you happy. Got money not happy also useless.

drKen80,
do wht u feel is right.....if ur monthly allocated budget is circa RM4k thn by all means get the e46 323-325 and have all the fun in the world. :nyehehe:

i'm sure no insults were intended by both parties so no worries and if u want a rough idea and feel of wht the e30 up to the e46 is like by all means pop by to our official tt on friday nights in kelana jaya at this place called SHOWRU CAFE,its nxt to the MAS training centre.we r mostly there frm 9.30pm onwards.

there r a few e46 owners in ur age group too....will intro u to thm.

just remember,its all ur decision as to wht car u wanna get.it is ur money after all.we r only here to advice u.....hehehe..... ;)

welcome to the club again.

rgds,
-brad-

:blush: well his first post did say he was earning RM4k tho... But even banks will not allow you to take a loan where repayments are hitting 100% of your monthly income, regardless if you live with your parents and have everything else taken care of. Must be some reason behind it...

Top Bottom