should I buy???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by teejay@Jan 23 2006, 05:59 AM
drken

go get an e46

less problems, less headache, less jealousy,less BS,less crap to deal with
Listen to this man..........he is trying to save you a lot of pain........

drken, doesn't matter which model or what make you decide on. Do what's best for you and be happy. Life's just too short...........cheers

Most used-to-be-young-people (now foggies) I kno regret not planning their finances until late in their lives when the advantage of time is not on their side.

Aiyor..........the guy asked for an opinion about a certain car and you guys end up lecturing on personal finances?

I think that we should all learn to read between the lines.......maybe drken has RM4k to burn on a car?

Think about it.......would you really reveal your actual income on this forum? C'mon people..............smell the roses lar.........

never try never know! Maybe asking around is just getting some one to agreed with you...but live shot play hard young man!! (~BMW mostly design for driver) got it!! B)

I would agree that aiming for an e46 is slightly unrealistic on a 4k/month income; if that's your real income.

Furthermore, the e46 you'll be getting for 2k/month installments is most probably going to be a 318i; and that's a slouch no matter how you look at it (no offence intended, ai?). You won't be moving anywhere rapidly, unless you've a 2.5l straight six strapped into the front of your heavy e46!

Actually, my advice to you is to look for a CBU 6 cylinder e30 or e36 (if they exist). Most of the "problems" with BMWs in Malaysia tend to arise from the poor workmanship and substandard local content parts.

BTW, buying property now is a big bad idea too.

AND, insurance is great, if you want to save, but their ROIs are terribly low.

Good luck.

I dunno whether you are telling the truth or not.with salary of 4K per month??? and wanna drive BMW??

Yes you can afford it..and you'll regrets after 3 years.

Saves up the money and buy New BMW la. Better that way.

Originally posted by BiMmEr78@Jan 23 2006, 02:47 PM
I been thrashin my E36 325i no over heating so far ... touch wood and the maintenance very reasonable :D
Sorry again.... I wanted to make my statement clear ,all the above problem that I mention is only mean for E36 318 ONLY..........

So far didn't heard any problem for E36 325i :D

4k can own a Bimmer....eg. Me & Ding lor... :D

But we have the older versions la...still a Bimmer wat!!??

Got roundel, got the kidney grill, strait 6, Bimmer liao lor... :p

HHHhmmmmmmmm after reading all sifu posting , I think what I wanted to do is maybe go for a test drive for E30(since so many supporter) ,E36 325i(bcoz 318 sure lack of power)....

Hmmm...anyway I have oledi bought my properties and insurance liao event the mutual fund as well......market share got keep abit ler only...???not much ,

Really sorry If I have hurt some one feeling here, really I wanted you all sifu GOLDEN advise that why I don't mind kena taruk.....you taruk me the more , the more i can learn ma .... I know from young need to save alot of money....Me now currently no car....really want a transport .....

So for me I just think that ,oledi wanted to buy car why dun go for a sport,class and better car....that's why i choose BIMMER...., B)

Yup correct I can only spent 4K for car the rest has been taken care of......hhhmmm maybe if i really dun like the e30 or e36 then better i go for accord 2.4 la ....,I've tested the accord ,power is superb, comfort also OK, save milage also ....running on the high way 180kmh only take around 2000rpm.... ok wat....

maybe the accord, i make it like lowed,18" rim double exhaust with oval muffler just like AC, maybe if the scissors door cheap then make it lor ...
full white with some eye browe .......image .....hhmmm won't be like dad's car kwar???? :yahoo: heheh (again ....my feeling only not mean to hurt ppl)..

anyway thanks guyz..........if can make it I will meet you all at the coming TT session la... ..ciaosssssss bye :lol: :p

:lazy: sleeping liao.... :lazy: boring...!!!! :getyourfactsright: 18" rims??? aiya..Zh'nging ah??? B)

Long Live Toyota...!!! :yahoo: :)

Anyone here aged between 24 to 26 drove bimmer(e46),
If yes how much your earning then only suitable for a BIMMER?

I see that some young guy even younger then me also can drive bimmer that why make me lagi active wanna buy, maybe other ppl father rich la....but ......???? :(

Hhnmmmmm........tot can buy liao .....but after hearing some advise now ...big heart small heart......,usually spent how much on normall servicesssssss?? the majpr service cost how much and at what milage is the EXPENSIVE services, so if i really buy also i can see the meter so that i won't buy those with very high milage?.....

ok 2am liao ...gonna sleep.... :lazy: , .......tata :eek:k:

hello brother if you feel like to drive something call BMW go for it never think about how much to spent for maintenance and so on.
I had been with BMW for the last 7 years, I decided..... I get it, who cares what others coment good or bad expencive to maintain or what, but I get e30/m40 318i, for me the power is enough unless you are going for race. I had been throwing alot, more then 20k if I were to list back what I spend but happy for it even my car is 15 yrs now but still I feel not old as I can say ok as when time comes you need to change the parts, it all moving and sure need replacement from time to time.
so much so I don't think I will part with my car and get another newer model when time is right perhaps e46 or any convertible Bimmer even many sifus may not agree with me, I don't speed as them so I don't think the convertible will rock. sorry ahh its just my point of view. :eek:k:

24 only? then go ahead and enjoy life! b4 the times come to settle down.
recommend get a superbike, will totally feel the different. :D

Originally posted by drken80@Jan 24 2006, 01:44 AM
Anyone here aged between 24 to 26 drove bimmer(e46),
If yes how much your earning then only suitable for a BIMMER?

I see that some young guy even younger then me also can drive bimmer that why make me lagi active wanna buy, maybe other ppl father rich la....but ......???? :(

Hhnmmmmm........tot can buy liao .....but after hearing some advise now ...big heart small heart......,usually spent how much on normall servicesssssss?? the majpr service cost how much and at what milage is the EXPENSIVE services, so if i really buy also i can see the meter so that i won't buy those with very high milage?.....

ok 2am liao ...gonna sleep.... :lazy: , .......tata :eek:k:
I think there are quite a few around but maybe slightly older than 24 la :D ... earnings are quite a sensitive issue so maybe not easy to disclose
general guide is 3x disposable income of your monthly installments.

Mileage is a sign but not always true. If the car is used by an owner who has to do lots of outstation travelling but maintains the car well, then it may still be ok. The most important is the condition of the car. If the car is in lousy condition but low mileage also no point buying, the best is of coz good condition + low mileage.

As for maintenance there is a thread on e46 maintenance on top so maybe u can use that for a guide. Maybe u can ask 830, he's got quite a long history of owning 3 series :)

Everyone has so many advice. Installments lar, this lar, that lar. Leave the poor fella alone & let him enjoy life. Instead of advice on which model, you have decide to be his father & you havent even known the fella. Goodness!

drken80.

Since you are considering the Accord also, i think the driving experiences of a BMW is indeed something to look forward too.
Older beemers are old & dated. Yes, some will say classic but that all it is, 'A Classic'. Get an E46, a good example will not give you frustrations or headache. Can whack the car daily plus it's comfortable. The older model will give you this whether you spend an obscene money on it. E46 318 is a slouch so forget that. Get the 325 or 328. its a lovely car to drive. As for maintainance, its really not that far off from the any new cars these days. Take care of it & it will take care of you. If you can work out your budget, try talking to AB as they may still have some old stock left that they are giving discounts on. That will be the best buy if you ask. No worries plus warranty.

Cheers!

Originally posted by drken80@Jan 24 2006, 01:44 AM

Kekeke Life's like that lar.I am in my late 20s and my younger bro's friend is only 21 this year. He's driving a brand new E90,my friend. How? Wanna cry ah? :D

Originally posted by burn@Jan 24 2006, 03:32 AM
24 only? then go ahead and enjoy life! b4 the times come to settle down.
recommend get a superbike, will totally feel the different. :D
Superbike???? Kap chai licent also don't have how to buy superbike...
anyway got a frend die from accident due to superbike CBR1100 blackbird.

drken80,

Just to give a perspective. I am running a business so all my expenses are documented in detail.

I bought a recon E46 318 Ci about a yr ago. All in all, I reckon I spent 4K+ a month on the car inc installment, petrol, maintenance, ins, road tax etc.

In comparison, when I drove a Waja (bought new), it was less than 2K.

The main defference is in the instalment, insurance, petrol and tyres. Other maintenance maybe slightly higher as well, but the waja was not cheap to maintain either.

I reckon a six potter would cost even more in terms of maintenance, petrol and road tax.

Hope this help in your calculation.

On the hand, this applies to any 150k+ car out there as well. Just a fact of life that many of us spend more on cars than we should.

Originally posted by Alvin@Jan 24 2006, 08:17 AM
Everyone has so many advice. Installments lar, this lar, that lar. Leave the poor fella alone & let him enjoy life. Instead of advice on which model, you have decide to be his father & you havent even known the fella. Goodness!

drken80.

Since you are considering the Accord also, i think the driving experiences of a BMW is indeed something to look forward too.
Older beemers are old & dated. Yes, some will say classic but that all it is, 'A Classic'. Get an E46, a good example will not give you frustrations or headache. Can whack the car daily plus it's comfortable. The older model will give you this whether you spend an obscene money on it. E46 318 is a slouch so forget that. Get the 325 or 328. its a lovely car to drive. As for maintainance, its really not that far off from the any new cars these days. Take care of it & it will take care of you. If you can work out your budget, try talking to AB as they may still have some old stock left that they are giving discounts on. That will be the best buy if you ask. No worries plus warranty.

Cheers!
Hhmm .......luckly got some supporter here.....
Which AB that can provide test drive or more choice to look for.

As I know the AB at sungai besi got alot of advertisment lately.
What about car trade? Anyone been to segambut , there is a new building ,inside got alot of bimmer even the HARTGE big big sign board there....

And also everytime check out the mototrader I can see at dataran prima SG got alot of bimmer selling quite cheap.Are that recon's bimmer ok arr?? or at the near bulatan pahang next to shell station(same row of tawakal hospital, the way goin to sentul) got second hand dealer as well , ONLY selling merz and Bimmer .. ...., but scared that the salesman dun even wanna serve me hehehehehe , coz young ma ..... :lol:

Anyway will try to look for some second hand dealer and AB show room to test drive on the E30 ,E36 and E46. Another thing I wanted to add is why I say dun like E30 and E36 is because the interior looks very classic, not moden enuf....square only.....hehheee jangan marah :D ,

Mostly for those sifu buy "2nd" hand Bimmer where arr??now i can see the interest rate also low. around 2.8% loan 95% can go for 7-9 years sammo...really got hook on this .... HHHHmmmm yalor ....still young can still take up many challenge ....hehe enjoy life b4 settle down .....the best part is my gf say go ahead buy la ... i will support you if you not enuf $$$ heheh :rofl:

alamak if brake up liao how? wanna give her back the tyre or the half cut ? :rofl: just kidding...

Top Bottom