Sharing pics of my e38 740i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
By any chance anybody came accros e38 750 half cut ? If yes pls let me know.

JonRaj;815494 said:
saw this beauty 3 days back in USJ, near Goodyear Court.

haha yeah was there getting her interior trim refitted after i got them redone.. wood trim was looking really aged and started cracking.. just saw ur post regarding ur E38 project, all the best bro :top:

was wondering if any e38 v8 owners out there have done a 6 speed manual swap.. very tempted to go for it but most bmw mechs i have spoken to have no experience doin a manual swap on an e38 body..

Hustler;824488 said:
was wondering if any e38 v8 owners out there have done a 6 speed manual swap.. very tempted to go for it but most bmw mechs i have spoken to have no experience doin a manual swap on an e38 body..

you do know that it is not plug-n-play right. Do you have 6-speed box with you? You will need a long shaft, some modification on the chassi where trans mount sits and may require a ECU change as well.

EEEE30;824558 said:
you do know that it is not plug-n-play right. Do you have 6-speed box with you? You will need a long shaft, some modification on the chassi where trans mount sits and may require a ECU change as well.

yes i do know its not a plug and play as there never was an E38 RHD manual produced.. but from what i gather, the gearbox mount from an e39 v8 manual will fit (might require slight mod) but definitely no mod on chassis. same goes for pedal box and clutch cylinder. long shaft for e38 manual can be ordered from germany (98 99 had a limited run of m62 v8 manuals in LHD) or can be custom made here for cheaper. the ecu is where im not to sure as most ppl say it can be recoded to think that its a manual.

Top Bottom