Sharing pics of my e38 740i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
4L, the white, the BBS, the registration no.... it's an awesome looking E38 ...

Vincent Hor;773351 said:
From my observations, this could be a 728 convert to 740.

hi, care to share what would make u think this is a 728 convert..? very curious :eek:

Something from your pics alone tells me. On second thought it could have been a 730i V8 originally. No offense intended. However I could be wrong.

Vincent Hor;773448 said:
Something from your pics alone tells me. On second thought it could have been a 730i V8 originally. No offense intended. However I could be wrong.

nah no offense taken, im just curious whats the give away.. yes she started life as a 3.0 V8.. please do share how u figured this out :eek:

Hustler;773466 said:
nah no offense taken, im just curious whats the give away.. yes she started life as a 3.0 V8.. please do share how u figured this out :eek:

Ha! Ha! The brakes calipers for 740 are not of Brembo 4 pots. Only 728 & 730 have them.

Vincent Hor;773486 said:
This pic showing the caliper and smaller disc size compared to 740.

ahh ok.. haha got the 740i discs from the halfcut but honestly didnt know they were different from the 730i.. maybe its time i swap them out to complete the transformation.. thanks for the usefull info..

any noticable difference with the brake upgrade..? sad to change em now as my break pads are relatively new..

Vincent Hor;773448 said:

Vincent Hor;773485 said:
Ha! Ha! The brakes calipers for 740 are not of Brembo 4 pots. Only 728 & 730 have them.

Vincent Hor;773486 said:
This pic showing the caliper and smaller disc size compared to 740.

The master has spoken.... :wink:

Hustler;773494 said:
any noticable difference with the brake upgrade..? sad to change em now as my break pads are relatively new..

Yes, i feel the bigger brakes and disc is better. FYI the pads are expensive too. About RM380 per pair of original BMW. It's much better If you upgrade the servo unit to double volume type.

Seech, for your car, the previous owner replaced the 740 brakes to 728!!! I think he liked the words Brembo embossed on the calipers. Check your servo unit, if it has not been upgraded to double volume, you may want to consider this option. It will help your heavy monster stop quicker.

E28driver;773614 said:
Unker Vincent, which BMW model is this double volume servo from? Is it a straight swap?
Double Vanos model or also termed facelift models which are produced September 1998 onwards...

E28driver;773614 said:
Unker Vincent, which BMW model is this double volume servo from? Is it a straight swap?
Double Vanos model or also termed facelift models which are produced September 1998 onwards...

Vincent Hor;773562 said:
Yes, i feel the bigger brakes and disc is better. FYI the pads are expensive too. About RM380 per pair of original BMW. It's much better If you upgrade the servo unit to double volume type.

Seech, for your car, the previous owner replaced the 740 brakes to 728!!! I think he liked the words Brembo embossed on the calipers. Check your servo unit, if it has not been upgraded to double volume, you may want to consider this option. It will help your heavy monster stop quicker.

Oh the irony of it all.... Next time I see you, you check for me lah..... Have not seen the brakes yet. No chance to remove wheels so never noticed the 'Brembo'. The brakes do grumble a bit when 'used' properly.... Maybe I should un-'Brembo' them. :)

just to add some. my dad's 740il brake hose at the ABS pump just blown. was thinking to source for a braided ones. anybody knows where can i get it?

alive88;777510 said:
just to add some. my dad's 740il brake hose at the ABS pump just blown. was thinking to source for a braided ones. anybody knows where can i get it?
Contact sewell. He is organizing BF Goodridge braided hoses group buy. Available for e38 from the list i saw....

kaniz;777540 said:
Contact sewell. He is organizing BF Goodridge braided hoses group buy. Available for e38 from the list i saw....

The BFG 2nd GB is long closed bro.

Top Bottom