Sharing my horrified experience with dealer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have been a repeat customer at AB for many years, but this year I switched to Ingress when I got my dad's F10 and my F30 328i (just collected today! :) ). Why? Because for the last 5 years I have been sending my car to Ingress, they have never disappointed me! It was easy building a relationship with the likes of Clement, Razak, Liew etc. Wah! Very muhibbah, 1 Malaysia! Same with the SA who attended to my purchase. Very attentive. I was terribly sad to hear she resigned today, but rest in the comfort that her boss, the Sales Manager, took the effort to get to know me too, so I guess I can call on him if necessary.

My advice is simple. For good sales service, deal with the veterans, not the newbie girls. Pat in AB Glenmarie is very good, she's been with AB for what, 20 years. In addition, try out the new dealers coz they're more hungry for business and tend to serve you better. Here, you should try Wearnes @ Segambut. The boss, Jimmy is also a BMW veteran. Ingress' business has grown tremendously but thankfully, they still consider themselves relatively new kids on the block and have maintained a good standard.

Just an update, the manager from AB Sg Besi called me today and told me that they'll get everything done and fixed and will provide a courtesy car because it needs to stay in the SC for a couple of days :( They'll also give free polish but I am not too sure if it's advisable to let them polish?

markx85;758289 said:
I would like to share my experience purchasing my first BMW from Auto Bavaria Sg Besi and I must say, the entire process from viewing the demo and the after sales service is bad :(

Prior to the purchase, many questions that I asked the SA was unanswered or the SA doesn't even know what the heck I am talking about. I asked SA about the comfort access and the SA said that it's included in the 328i. Until I came across this forum, many users confirmed that the comfort access is not included. So I called again and asked her to double confirm with her manager and finally got the correct answer. Then, asking about the BMW Snap in for iPhone, the SA said there is no such device that they sell (Okay, fine maybe they did not purchase the snap in but cmon, your the sales assistant and you should be doing your own homework about this). I asked about the TPA and the answer was "I am not too sure what it is but it's for security purpose) until I had to post this on this amazing forum.

So I then decided to go ahead because I thought, what else could go wrong. I was so wrong about this and totally regret that I did not proceed with a different dealer. So, after putting down the deposit, I wasn't given a receipt (Okay fine, BMW wouldn't cheat customer so I didn't worry about this). Then, I requested my SA to try submitting to a couple of banks and the SA was reluctant to do it telling me that this is a waste of time as the rates are the same (Okay, fine again assuming that she's right but no, she was wrong and finally the SA decided to help me submit to another bank and got the rates that I wanted). Then, I asked her how much would a normal number costs (infamous number, 4 digits) and the cost was around RM500 - RM600 (Not sure if this is expensive or not but it's almost 100% of the original price). So the SA asked me to get the number myself as it was only RM210 (Okay, went all the way to JPJ and had a hectic moment with the runners at JPJ as they don't seem to understand how to line-up and don't seem to be civilized to me). So I was in line at 3rd place but I got the number 43, because all the runners did not line up (The counter lady in JPJ seems to be biased by helping them take a bunch of numbers first).

Thinking that everything is done now and I thought I don't have to go through all these crap again and now asked the SA for the bank account of their company as I want to do a wire transfer of the initial downpayment. It took the SA almost 4 - 5 working days to give me their bank account number and the best of it all, I had to keep calling the SA to remind the SA :thefinger: (Looks like I am the SA and the SA is the customer :p) So I vented out my anger and the SA apologized , okay fine I don't want to mess up with their performance or complain any further.

Now, when it comes to the collection day, I reached there at 11.30pm as the SA told me that she will go out for lunch at 1PM. Then, I called her and the SA said they're out for lunch (I was so pissed but tried to be ignorant and let them have their lunch in peace). Waited till 3pm and they finally got back. Started quickly explaining about the car features etc and went off at 3.45pm

After a week of driving, there's some rattling noise on the driver's door lock and passenger's compartment so I went back to SC (Same place auto bavaria sg besi). Their technicians identified the problems and confirmed that they'll order the parts. So I went off happily.

A week later, I sent the car for a car wash, and the boss of the car wash noticed that there's a large patch of rust at the rear window at the C-Pillar i think? Not sure what's that called. It wasn't very visible but it's bad because it was all rusty. I took this back to the SC today (Also had some issues with the 3rd break lights malfunctioning and it was because of the tinting guys who did not connect the break lights back. What is strange though is that there's no errors on Idrive and someone who almost rammed into me told me that the lights are malfunction).

Went to the counter, friendly and trying to resolve my issues. Technician came and fixed the 3rd break light issues. Then, told me that they need to re-spray the entire section there and have to wait for approval from their HQ. So I decided to ask one of the SA there (The SA that dealt with me was on leave for 2 days), and asked if he could help me discuss this with the manager or something because having to re-spray the car after only 2 weeks is not cool? And the SA answered me this, "Quite frankly, we do not serve other customers apart from our own customers. You need to check with your own SA." .

I was like, did I heard this wrongly or something so I reconfirmed with him that the SA is not around and his answer again is "Yes, we normally do NOT help other customers as they generally are not my customers. *With a smile on his face* You should check with your own SA". Oh, this really got me on my nerves but I did not want to lost my cool there. Went back, called BMWVoice to file a complaint.

All in all, I think this is a very horrifying experience for me and I will never step foot into AB Sg Besi anymore (Apart from fixing the rust now). I wish they could transfer this to Ingress Auto or somewhere else. BMW should never have let this happen in the first place and their SA should be well thought to learn more about the products that they sell and of course, their attitude towards customers (Whether is it their customer or not, they should treat everyone like a customer or a future prospect)

A lesson that I learn here is that if the SA is being fishy at start, just move on and go to a different dealer or you'll suffer from their ignorance later.

P/S: I don't think all of the SA there had bad ethics, probably just a couple of them but the technicians are really polite and they really seem to know what they are doing though. Oh, an I don't work for any other dealers, I am just a customer sharing my experience that I had purchasing my first BMW :(

Am so sorry for your bad experience. I got mine at AB Glenmarie and the service was superb. I was informed the very next morning on my loan status. You mentioned that there's rattling sound on the door and the compartment. What was the cause and how did they fixed it? I noticed rattling (more of plastic rubbing against each other sounds) and my SA did booked an appointment for me to have the car check but I cancelled it because I thought I'm being over sensitive bout it. Could you share more info on that? Thanks bro

Juan Powerblow;758538 said:
Same with the SA who attended to my purchase. Very attentive. I was terribly sad to hear she resigned today, but rest in the comfort that her boss, the Sales Manager, took the effort to get to know me too, so I guess I can call on him if necessary.

Is your SA from Ingress - Samatha?

So far, i have personal experience of the Glenmari AB. My dad has a bmw and he got it there. After sales service was awesome. The SA was Ken/Kent. This guy is really organised and his after sales service is top notch. He's one of the top salesman there.

My dad even recommended his friend to buy from the SA Kent. Thats how highly we ( me and dad ) view him.

And sorry to hear about your troubles. Its really frustrating when ure dealing with useless and dumb people.

nexavibe;758587 said:
Am so sorry for your bad experience. I got mine at AB Glenmarie and the service was superb. I was informed the very next morning on my loan status. You mentioned that there's rattling sound on the door and the compartment. What was the cause and how did they fixed it? I noticed rattling (more of plastic rubbing against each other sounds) and my SA did booked an appointment for me to have the car check but I cancelled it because I thought I'm being over sensitive bout it. Could you share more info on that? Thanks bro

Yup, it's the door lock actually as it was loose and the technician at Auto Bavaria is really awesome because he really tried to reproduce the problems rather than being ignorant over it. As for the compartment box, when I open it, there's a very bad squeaking sound and to my surprise they didn't spray WD40 :p but instead ordered a new part from Germany as they did not keep those stock (spring or something like that, didn't really pay attention because I was so frustrated at their SA). By the way, if you guys are servicing at AB Sg Besi, try to book for Wai Loon he's really good.

When you step into AB Sg Besi, the front liner looks like a couple of sharks waiting to eat the living hell out of you but if you walk down the alley, there are life guard's trying to save you from those sharks.

P/S: The management was supposed to call me today and they did not call me yet.

mizhan;758355 said:
i'm sorry to hear about such unpleasant experience, my SA at AB Glenmarie was helpful and attentive. ask for Joey.

yeah Joey was attentive, highly recommended, I got my drive from her too.

share the same sentiment about Auto Bavaria Glenmarie as of today!!!!

after booking a alpine white f30 more than a month ago.. was told by the SA that will be delivered in 3 -4 weeks time tops...then only i signed as i generally don't like to wait for a car very long.. spoils the excitement .
AND yesterday called and told me that delivery of the white now maybe november or early next year only ...WTF.

SA made empty promises just to make me book the car and now trying to change my mind to whatever color stock they have!!!
anyway just cancelled my booking today and vow never to deal with AB ever again...:thefinger::burnout:

should have stick with quill as my previous E90 was fm there....decent experience there!!!!
changed coz the SA moved to somewhere else ..dunno where he is .

The SA forgot to give me service booklet since i got the car. BTW, what should have in our leather purse. I only have quick reference and owners manual.
Do i left something instead of service booklet?

I had a terrible experience at Quill.After drove out with my purchase i swore to never set foot on it premise again.I registered for after sale service at Ingress and AB jalan Tun Razak.Sometimes I felt rightly or wrongly I was treated badly by Quill due to the color of my skin..Even after more than a year,I still feel the anger every time I pass by that showroom

Time and again, I do not understand why people go through their purchases with dealers who do not go out of their way to keep the customer happy? It's not like there is only one dealership?

If my SA was not living up to my expectations, I'd just walk out, there are no obligations. You're about to make a significant purchase, that costs a lot of money, I wouldn't part with my hard earned money if the guy trying to sell me my car was giving me a hard time.

-HypoG

HypoGXII;759469 said:
Time and again, I do not understand why people go through their purchases with dealers who do not go out of their way to keep the customer happy? It's not like there is only one dealership?

If my SA was not living up to my expectations, I'd just walk out, there are no obligations. You're about to make a significant purchase, that costs a lot of money, I wouldn't part with my hard earned money if the guy trying to sell me my car was giving me a hard time.

-HypoG
If you ever buy a new car,you will know that you are stucked with the SA or the dealer once you paid the deposit,you can ask for your depost back but surely you would not want to go thru another process of loan processing and waiting for the car again.Of course they are very nice to you before you put down deposit.

Best thing is this ... BMW Malaysia nor the dealers really do anything about complains. Then we as the consumer only can b*tch about it on forums. They sell expensive cars, tell us its a JOY to own it but then we end up with a lot of aggro. Something should be done about the state of affairs.

ashman55;759475 said:
If you ever buy a new car,you will know that you are stucked with the SA or the dealer once you paid the deposit,you can ask for your depost back but surely you would not want to go thru another process of loan processing and waiting for the car again.Of course they are very nice to you before you put down deposit.

I just recently purchased one. I visited 4 dealers, and initially settled with Quill, paid a booking fee and initiated loan process. SA and I agreed on some issues, and few days later get a call from SA saying some things cannot be done. I wouldn't have anything of it, cancelled my purchase and went elsewhere.

Troublesome, Yes. Satisfied towards the end with a better SA? Yes. Worth it? You bet.

Regards,
-HypoG.

P.S. I do not mean any offence, to each his own I guess, just trying to fathom why people are having trouble.

X5Fan;758313 said:
Just to share my experience. Also a new 1st time beemer owner since a couple of months ago.

Bought mine at AB Glenmarie because best discount compared to other dealers. Sales service so-so only.

Fixed TPA at Ingress since it was having a price promotion. They have problem installing it but they finally called up the CSE engineers to help them out. Took them 4 days to finally complete the job. However, liked their service and decided to register my ride at their centre for after sales service follow-up. Just need to fill up a form and attached a photocopy of the JPJ registration card.

Last week, decided to send my ride for detailing with BMW-recognized auto detailer. Was surprised to learn that most part of the vehicle has been resprayed (for whatever reason) with a certain section not properly done. Apparently the vehicle has also been polished before but not professionally done. Hence certain sections has been over-polished resulting in uneven colour.

I guess all of these are valuable experiences in buying and owning a beemer :eek:

Hi x5fan,may i knw who was ur SA @ Glenmarie pls?

ashman55;759475 said:

JUST CANCEL... thats what i did!!!!!!!!!

don't care if have to do the processes again ... but NO WAY I'm giving my money to these kind of dealers!!!

I believe all these inconsistencies reflect on the bad habit of a typical undisciplined malaysian possesses which transfers to whatever they touch or handle....JPJ service-Terrible!!SA @ AB Sg besi-shud be sacked!!Kulim Plant/Assembly/Transporters/Handlers-Probably worked @ chic rice stall!!The "Other SA" who cant attend to ur issues-Shud be a prod. operator at kilang kicap!!Morale is wrong individuals r employed within a German based company!!Quality of final deliverables r soooo poor,an unlikely reflection of the grandeur of German standards!!Y the hell r these scrupulous Malaysians screwing up such a prestiogiously consistent global brand??Turning the BMW into Proton n Perodua izzit?Or maybe ex-proton/perodua staffs @ BMWs AB to sabotage clients n brand reliability n reputation!!I feel for ur horrific odyssey!!sorry to hear such nonsense happened or allowed to happen!!

langatian;759461 said:
The SA forgot to give me service booklet since i got the car. BTW, what should have in our leather purse. I only have quick reference and owners manual.
Do i left something instead of service booklet?

The F30 and new BMWs do not come with service booklet. Not sure when this started or stopped I should say. Everything is stored on their database. I suppose you can ask them to give you a print out for your own reference.

BTW I don;t think the purse is made of leather, looks like PVC to me. I have not even opened the manual as I have the .pdf version that I access through the iPad/notebook/iPhone and its also on your iDrive.

Jason

As we all know car salesmen/women have a stereotyped in a very negative manner. This thread show that the bad ones can even come to represent premium brands. Knowing of this stereotype, I guess it is incumbent on each of us to access their sales person's intentions before throwing your hard earned cash at them. And if you do throw your cash at them despite their ill intentions, you are basically send the signal that its ok for them to continue behave like that.

If the sales person is a chameleon and only changes colour after the transactions has been sealed, then raise up a stink. Raise it up to the highest level of the company. Once the CEO hears of it, I am sure you will get the attention you deserve.

Jason

Top Bottom